Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

skeptical about omastar as a gg tech

revdjweb

i get the feeling that this is going to push dusknoir for time as the tech for many GG decks but i have my doubts as to it's effectiveness. the thing is, there has already been a card out for some time with a very similar power and i have never seen it teched into GG. that would be shiftry, and if it doesn't work why should omastar?

yes i know shiftry is flippy and it only affects one at a time but it's power is re-usable plus its' dark nature makes it very useful against ghost types. plus shiftry, like dusknoir, has a basic that is searchable. i think people are going to find omastar occasionally difficult to get into play, a real liability for a 'surprise power' tech.

in other decks, especially ones trying the omastar-tgw disruption combo, i think it will work just fine, it's just in GG i don't think it is going to be as good as people think.

Omastar is pretty different from Shiftry in terms of useage (active vs bench), filps, ability and more. The fact that it gets ALL benched Pokemon is huge.

Lots of G&G builds already focus on TGW disruption. Adding Omastar is a pretty natural fit in that respect. There is some nice synergy with Gallade's first attack as well. The difficulty will be getting the Helix Fossils out.

It's not a traditional tech because to take advantage of it you need to run a bigger line--I prefer 2-2-2, but I think most ppl running Omastar will play 2-1-2. 1-0-1 is just bad because you have no way of reviving/searching your Helix Fossil.

It really depends. Ppl will probably try 1-0-1 and see that it doesn't work as well as Dusknoir and go back to it.

We tested Shiftry. It makes games... interesting to say the least.

*Alex stands up on his chair, shakes the dice up in his fist, whispers something indistinct into his palm, and rolls the dice*

Back