Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Skuntank/Mightyena/Muk red face paint deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder

First of all, I know about ToxiTank, and I know that a lot of people might just encourage me to turn my deck into that. I don't want to. I'm a rogue player, and I'm not about to use someone Else's deck idea.

22 Pokemon
4-4 Mightyena(PL)
3-3 Muk (PL)
2 Skuntank G (PL)
2 Houndoom G
2 Uxie (LA)
2 Honchkrow G (PL)

24 Trainers
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
3 Moonlight Stadium
2 Pokemon Contest Hall
2 Poke Turn
1 SP Radar
3 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball
2 Cyrus' Conspiracy
2 Great Ball

14 Energy
9 Psychic
5 Dark

Main strategy: Get Skuntank, Mightyena, and a Stadium out, and start spamming Desperate Attack, whilst powering up Muk. Once Mightyena dies, usually due to poison, send up Muk and use poison structure. Using Poison Structure and Strange Sludge each turn, I can deal 70 damage, poison, confuse, AND heal 1 damage between turns. Honchkrow searches for a stadium and a Poke-turn/SP Radar/stadium early game to set up a Stadium and Poke Turn back to the hand, use Radar to search for Skuntank, or get a back-up Stadium. Uxie is pretty standard, as is the rest of my deck. Houndoom G for the Dialga G LV. X matchup.

Last edited:
I'm a bit worried about the Dialga G LV.X match-up, seeing as he shuts down Mightyena and Muk's powers, and resists Muk's attacks. Is there any reliable way to get around Dialga G LV.X?

Yeah, -2 Skunktank G, +2 Houndoom G. And you should put in at least 4 dark energies or you won't be able to attack with Honchkrow either.

I agree -2 Skuntank G, since it is only there to use poison structure. No need to add dark energy, honchcrow never need attack. Pokemon Contest Hall seemed a waste unless you were to add some tools...

Adjustments:
+2 Houndoom G
+5 Dark Energy
- 1 Psychic Energy
- 2 Skuntank G
- 4 Pokedex Handy910

@ Ditto Dave
I've added the dark energy to accommodate Houndoom G, Honchkrow attacking is just a side effect. Pokemon Contest Hall is in their because I need at least 2 different types of stadiums, otherwise if they play the stadium I'm using, I'm sunk. I could add some Energy Gain, allowing Houndoom G to attack easier? What would I take out?

Also, Nidoqueen is a no-no. No room, needs rare candy, takes up bench space, etc.

If I were you I'd use moar SP Radar. It's really, really helpful. Also, don't use Muk. I think the deck's strength will lie in quickly hitting hard with Mightyena.

More SP Radar? Alright, I'll add in some more. Mightyena is a quick and hard hitter, but Muk is need REALLY badly as a tank against high-hitting decks. I'm not taking it out.

So...

1. What should I take out for SP Radar
2. Should I change Pokemon Contest Hall to something else?
3. What should I take out for Energy Gain?

Miasma Valley would damage Poochyena, Houndoom G, and Honchkrow G, and I need 2 different Stadiums to avoid Stadium Lock, so Moonlight's out.

Whoops, Must have made a Typo.

I'm thinking about making this deck a little less Mightyena/Muk centered, and making it a bit more like galactic's toolbox + Muk/Mightyena. Thoughts?

I figured I'd make these changes for the newer version:

-2 Mightyena
-2 Poochyena
-1 Muk
-1 Grimer
+4 Crobat G
+2 Toxicroak G

+2 Poke turn
+1 SP Radar
+1 Cyrus's Conspiracy
+2 Energy Gain
+2 Power Spray
-1 Bebe's
-2 Great Ball
-3 Warp Point

-2 Psychic Energy

22 Pokemon
2-2 Mightyena
2-2 Muk
2 Skuntank G
2 Houndoom G
2 Uxie
2 Honchkrow G
4 Crobat G
2 Toxicroak G

4 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Search
3 Moonlight Stadium
2 Pokemon Contest Hall
4 Poké Turn
2 SP Radar
1 Luxury Ball
3 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Energy Gain
2 Power Spray

12 Energy
7 Psychic
5 Dark

Last edited:
I just finished making a deck like this before I read this. Anyways, I believe that Houndoom G is unnecessary. It's ok for some quick hits, but there are more useful cards out there. Also, 4 Crobat G is WAY too much. I'd take out two. And if you're running Mightyena, it's always worth considering the Legends Awakened one. It can get rid of any Mewtwo X, Infernape4 X, or other SPs that need a bit more to take care of. Muk can deal with them okay, but throwing in one won't hurt. Azelf is always there if you need it as well.

So if you want to,
-2 Houndoom G
-2 Crobat G

Then you can add in whatever works, which could be Mightyena (LA), Looker's Investigation, Azelf (recover prize pokes), Mesprit (shut down their strategy), and so on. Note that most of these are optional, and depends what your deck needs in comparison to the opposing deck. It's always good to have options.

-2 Crobat
+2 Energy Gain
needed for Honchkrow, toxicroak, and Houndoom G.

Also I'd -2 :psychic:, -1 :dark:, +3 Special :dark:. This way you can Crobat for 1 and Honchkrow snipe for 50!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back