Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sleeping Moon. Darkrai and Cresselia

Status
Not open for further replies.

roaringforest

I need some help on this deck. It's well, Darkrai, Weavile, Cresselia, and Xatu.
18 Pokemon
2 Darkrai GE #3
2 Darkrai X
2 Cresselia
2 Cresselia X
3 Sneasel
3 Weavile 2SW 1DP
2 Natu
2 Xatu

27 Trainers
2 N.M.
2 P. Oak
4 Celio's
4 Bebe's Search
1 Copycat
1 Plus Power
3 Moonlight Stadium
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Premier Ball
2 Dusk Ball
2 Master Ball

15 Energy
4 Special Dark Energy
4 dark Energy
7 Phycic Energy

My strategy is to get a Xatu up front, and snipe bench once that's done Moonlight stadium retreats for free, so I get out Weavile to attach quick energy, then Weavile dies and I retrn to Darkrai. I level him up the retreat and send a Cresselia in (Another Weavile on bench) and start a Knock out with Cresselia X, when that's done I Go back to Darkrai for major damage and sleep.

Last edited:

OH, Xatu as an early game sniper. That's cute... Especially since Gardevoir/Gallade doesn't like fighting resistent, psychic weak + 10 (not 20), and psychic type pokemon all at once. Very interesting, actually. Nice choice.

Now, then... Let's get a load of your trainer engine...

Why the 4 Bebe's Search in addition to the 4 Celio's network? That's a lot of suppporters in your deck, that can only get 1 pokemon at a time (As opposed to energy and stuff). Celio's gets everything you play anyways. Let's see here...
-4 Bebe's.

Premier ball lets you bring LV.X pokemon back from the discard? Wow, why are we only playing the bare minimum that we'd want (2 copies)? Let's go with 3 so we can set up a 3rd pokemon LV.X for recovery after something is knocked out.
+1 Premier Ball

Pluspower... It's not searchable by anything. It only applies to active. You might as well play a dark energy instead of it. Oh dear.
-1 Pluspower.

Why do we have no Great Balls in here? All of your great pokemon are basics (...Ew. Bad pun), so 3 copies sounds like a good idea. No? Considering your Roseanne's Research will look for 2 pokemon at most, you'll want some supplement to fill in the gaps, and preferably normal trainers to do so.
+3 Great Ball

Finally, I'd add in one more basic darkness energy. 4's just a tad too low to be comfortable. 5 is plenty good, yes.
+1 Basic Dark

Finally... I'm not sure how much you need the deck restoring power of Prof.Oak, AND Night Maintenance being at 2 copies each. Some more balls, or even a pokedex or three might help to make the deck pop out quicker. We can make room from a Weavile DP, which... Frankly shouldn't be attacking (we're much too busy with Weavile SW), an Oak, and... Something else. Maybe that basic dark energy I added in a couple of seconds ago? Wonder how that'll do...

Though maybe those Pokedexs just don't seem to help get anything out? You know, you've got a bunch of 100 HP pokemon in this deck. Heck, nothing's above 100 HP. Unown E will prevent Magmortar donks, and is worth looking into for a deck that's... Frankly so fragile against Flame Bluster (let alone damage spread).

Thaanyou so much for the information so I hanged the deck to this:
20 Pokemon
2 Darkrai
2 Darkrai X
2Cresselia
2 Cresselia X
3 Natu
3 Xatu
3 Sneasel
3 (SW) Weavile
24 Trainers
4 Celio's