Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Slidell, LA 3rd Place Tourney Report

~Blazi-King~

I happened to be in the are due to family obligations, so I figured Id play in this one. I drove 3 hours from where I was stayin in LA to attend.

I arrived to the location, surprising one long time PTO and one long time player...both of whom thought it was me, but wasnt sure since I hadnt been to any tournements in this area for about 4-5 years. Nice surprise for them.

I traded some cards I needed for my deck and filled out my decklist. I forgot to change what I was playing, and regretted it later lol.

Round 1 vs New Player (First Premier Event (Emboar/Reshi))
I started out pretty strong, getting my Eels, and my Zek EX out and attacking. He was able to make things interesting by getting a mewtwo out, but I Torna'd EX it, then KO it with my M2 EX. Catchers and 3 switches proved huge, in disabling his setup.
(1-0)

Round 2 vs PokeDad (Gardy/Goth/Mewtwo EX)
I was able to again get my Eels out, and a Tornadus EX taking a few catcher'd prizes, going after hi gardy basics. Then finished him up with my M2 EX.
(2-0)

Round 3 vs Adam something (Durant.dec)
I was apprehensive about this matchup, hopinbg that he didnt hit key cards I would need. It started out with his durant, and my Zek. I was able to get my Eels in play, and my Tornadus EX. He catcher'd me trying to keep me locked. My 3 switches were HUGE, as he could keep my locked, as he discarded my deck. It got down to 9 cards in my deck, and me 1 prize left with a eel locked in the active slot. I had a juniper and 2 switches left in the deck. So I discarded my hand, got the switch with the 6th draw, and ko'd him with my Nadus ex, 2 cards left in the deck.
(3-0)

Round 4 Brent S (Eel/Terrakion)
This matchup had me scared, but for some reason he couldnt get his terrakions in play for the advantage. we traded blows with our mewtwos, and zekroms, bot of us drawing 4 prizes, before he was able to pp, terrakion my ex he catcher'd for his last 2 prizes.
(3-1)

I knew I had made top cut even though 0ne 3-1 was going to make it, just because my opps except one had won their matches, plus losing to the only 4-0. I was standing 3rd.

Top 4 vs ??? Darkrai/Weavile
Game 1: We both got slow starts until he smeargled my hand for N, then he began to speed up. I was able to take some prizes but it wasnt enough before he was able to mow through me. This is where I wish I had had Terrakion.
(1-0) (3-2)

Game 2: This was a better game for me, we both got equal starts, but I was able to catcher/switch for all of my prizes using Evolited M2 EX.
(1-1) (4-2)

Game 3: Was worse than game one. I dint draw a draw card until 4th turn where he was already setup....I only saw one eel, and a zekrom plus other useless cards.
(1-2) (4-3)

I waited for the other game to finish to see where finished. I managed 3rd, got my Bronze Victory Medal, and headed home.

the other top 4 game was Eels/Terrakion vs Darkrai

Finals was Eels/Terrakion vs Darkrai/Weavile (didnt stay long enough to see this one played out)

Hope y'all enjoy.

Back