Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Slowking For Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niqu3

I got two Different style of slowking i can run for CC but i need your help for the best choice u think i should run and fixes if needed

(Pokemon: 13)
4 Slopoke
3 Dark Slowking
2 Slowking(UF)
4 Jirachi (DX)

(Trainers: 33)
3 Birch
4 Mary Request
2 Copycat
3 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
4 Poke Retriever
3 Strength Charm
2 Crystal Shard
3 Cursed power
2 Exp. All
2 Time Machine
2 Rocket Hideout
1 Desert Ruin

(Energy: 14)
10 Psychic
4 Dark

Or

(Pokemon: 12)
4 Slopoke
4 Dark Slowking
4 Jirachi (DX)

4 Birch
3 Mary Request
2 Copycat
4 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
4 Poke Retriever
3 Strength Charm
2 Crystal Shard
3 Cursed power
2 Exp. All
2 Rocket Hideout
1 Desert Ruin

10 Psychic
4 Dark

please help this decks is the one im tryin to run for cities
R/F/C

Niqu3 said:
(Pokemon: 13)
4 Slopoke
3 Dark Slowking
2 Slowking(UF)
4 Jirachi (DX)

3 Birch
4 Mary Request
2 Copycat
3 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
4 Poke Retriever
3 Strength Charm
2 Crystal Shard
3 Cursed power
2 Exp. All
2 Time Machine
2 Rocket Hideout
1 Desert Ruin

10 Psychic
4 Dark
I like the mixed type the best. After the Dark slowkings have gotten knock out the UF one does as much damage.
I normaly uses Crystal Shard as one of the tool now that many top decks are week to colourless...'
Hope this helps.... Your welcome to write to me so we can exhange experiences. I would also run Wally's Training instead of Rocket's ball

HUGS

Last edited:
This is the second list im talking about. Add in one more rockets hideout and take out dessert ruins for rockets hideout. Take out 2 copycats for 2 rockets admin. I like the second list better than the first one :biggrin:

Pokemon: (13)

4x Slowpoke (RG)
3x Dark Slowking (RR)
2x Slowking (UF)
4x Rocket's Meowth (RR) *

Trainers: (33)

4x Mary's Request
4x Pokemon Retriever
3x Professor Birch
3x Rocket's Ball
3x Swoop! *
3x Crystal Shard **
2x Rocket's Admin. ***
2x Strength Charm **
3x Curse Powder **
2x Exp. All
2x Suprise! Time Machine
2x Desert Ruins
2x Battle Frontier ****

Energy: (14)

10x Psychic Energy
4x Dark Energy

My fixes and why:

* = Rocket's Meowth > Jirachi. It ensures a Swoop! and will get you extra tools if you already have it. (Tip; get a Suprise Time! Machine with Meowth if you have the Swoop! in your hand already, so you can Suprise into the preferred Slowking if you don't have the one you want.) It also allows you to run less Swoop! for other cards.

** = 3 Crystal Shard and 2 Strength Charm is better. Psychic resistance is big (Dark Tyranitar) and so is Colorless Weakness (Delta Dragonite).

*** = Admin is superior to Copycat. Slowking is about manipulation and disruption, and Admin. will help.

**** = You may quetion this one, but take my word for it, Battle Frontier is a great tech. Once your opponent gets a Pidgeot out, Cunning isn't going to stop much anyway, so you might as well sacrifice your Cunning to shut off Quick Search. They won't see it coming.

Try the list, see how it works. =)

Last edited:
uhhh....Guys Rocket Admin Screw me up more then anything because i take prizes early in the game....and for u hot carl. if u didnt know but battle frontier srew up my d slowking poke power and 4 Swoops are needed so i can draw it first hand or draw with a draw card second turn and last thing i love my jirachi its better because its not liek im always tryin to get a tool i might want a rocket ball or a Dark NRG but yeah thanx for tryin

More ppl help/comment/fix

[ 12 ]
4 Jirachi
4 Slowpoke
4 Dark Slowking

[ 12 ]
4 Darkness Energy
8 Psychic Energy

[ 36 ]
4 Mary's Request
3 Steven's Advice
2 Professor Birch
4 Rocket's Poke Ball
3 Pokemon Reversal
3 Energy Removal 2
4 Swoop! Teleporter
4 Strength Charm
3 Cursed Powder
3 EXP. All
2 Crystal Shard
1 Pokemon Retreiver

nice fix rokman those changes look good i might try to run that but i need to test it out first but yeah thanx any more comments

when you people are gonna realize that meowth is much better than jirachi in this deck. i play this deck using meowth and it works great.futhermore , remember space center?anyway you can at least attack with meowth if that is your last option. dark slowking deck meowth>jirachi here is my list.note that i dont use darkness caUSE IT is actually no use in this deck.

pokemons
4 slowpoke
4 dark slowking
2 slowking uf
4 team rockets meowth

trainers
3 strength charm
4 shards
3 swoops
2 surprise time machine
1 protective orb
1 solid rage
3 celios
2 por
2 admin
2 tv reporter
2 marys request
1 hideout
2 dessert ruins
2 er2
2 reversal
1 warp point

energies
9 psychic
3 dre
1dark

rockets hideout is actually definately not needed in this deck . the slot can be used for other cards. 8 draw power is very important in the deck.14 tools and machines are just right cause you use slowking.protective orb is needed for grass decks and solid rage is to comeback from behind.u need a couple of tv to help aftermath. you certaintly need 3 celio and 4 slowking to ensure second turn beatdown.copycat is just too inconsistent to be used in the deck.a couple of dessert ruins are also needed to help against cham, dos,and scizor ex

jirachi is better then Meowth. Why? Say on your first turn you have this... (swoop, dark, psychic, charm, shard, TVR, and Meowth) You dont need the swoop so Meowth is freaking useless. So, you use Jirachi to wishing star and what do you know! A rocket pokeball! Now you can get a perfect T2 Slowking fully powered with a dark energy. Or vise versa, you can use Jirachi to get an energy...

Meowth can grab swoop in your deck gaurunteed for the t2 slowking.

Jirachi can get rocket ball/slowking, swoop, or the energy for the t2 slowking.

I played Slowking all of last year. I am telling you Jirachi is better. Also, Slowking is not a good deck, I played it all last year winning zero tournaments and usually getiing t8 at most and rarely t4.... Play slowking if your just playing to play, play a real deck (smp, zre, rocklock, ludicargo, dragtrode, queendom) if you want to win.

Good luck with whatever route you take...

Deepfried... no one plays space center anymore becuase Wobbufett is gone. Wob was the only reason it was played...

oh and Niqu3, Those arent fixes, thats just my deck =P

Last edited:
rokman said:
jirachi is better then Meowth. Why? Say on your first turn you have this... (swoop, dark, psychic, charm, shard, TVR, and Meowth) You dont need the swoop so Meowth is freaking useless. So, you use Jirachi to wishing star and what do you know! A rocket pokeball! Now you can get a perfect T2 Slowking fully powered with a dark energy. Or vise versa, you can use Jirachi to get an energy...

Meowth can grab swoop in your deck gaurunteed for the t2 slowking.

Jirachi can get rocket ball/slowking, swoop, or the energy for the t2 slowking.

I played Slowking all of last year. I am telling you Jirachi is better. Also, Slowking is not a good deck, I played it all last year winning zero tournaments and usually getiing t8 at most and rarely t4.... Play slowking if your just playing to play, play a real deck (smp, zre, rocklock, ludicargo, dragtrode, queendom) if you want to win.

Good luck with whatever route you take...

Deepfried... no one plays space center anymore becuase Wobbufett is gone. Wob was the only reason it was played...

oh and Niqu3, Those arent fixes, thats just my deck =P
How can you even make a comment about slowking when your deck came in 8th all the time I know of some very successful slowking decks and its not that they are bad mabye you just made a bad list.
If I were you Nidu3 I would listen to Hot Carl.

Last edited:
yankees rule said:
How can you even make a comment about slowking when your deck came in 8th all the time I know of some very successful slowking decks and its not that they are bad mabye you just made a bad list.
If I were you Nidu3 I would listen to Hot Carl.
The only person do better then me with Slowking is Willium Hung. And for your information I went to 4 tournaments with this deck. (4th, 3rd, 6th, 8th)

But since you "know" "some" very succesful decks, then please enlighten us all...

spoinkmaster said:
Except me, I got 7th in worlds with the Smart cookie!!!
No you did not.

1 Jeremy Maron 11-2 Nidoqueen
2 Ross Cawthon 10-3 Tyranitar/Electrode
3 Pablo Meza Alonso 11-2 Nidoqueen
4 KEN YUKUHIRO 8-5 ST Tyranitar
5 Jaime Guerrero 8-3 Rock-Lock
6 TSUGUYOSHI YAMATO 9-2 Ludicargo/Wobuffet
7 Sami Sekkoum 8-3 Medicham/Ninetales
8 Eric Permenter 7-4 Dark Steelix
9 Jason Klaczynski 7-3 Medicham
10 Faisal Khan 7-3 Ludicargo/Ninetales
11 Adam Vernola 7-3 Rock-Lock
12 Chris Schell 7-3 Blaziken
13 Ashley Bennett 7-3 Dark Steelix
14 Adam Joseph Maldonado 6-4 Dark Steelix
15 Jordan Hill 6-4 Ludicargo/Articuno
16 YUKI FUJIMORI 6-4 ZRE
17 GO MIYAMOTO 8-1 ZRE
18 Martin Moreno 7-2 Medicham
19 Matthew Yuen 7-2 ZRE
20 Matthew Moss 7-2 Medicham
21 Jeroen Robert 6-3 Dark Slowking
22 Brent Siebenkittel 6-3 Ludicargo/Lanturn/Articuno
23 Patrick Kennedy 6-3 Jumpluff/Zapdos/Moltres
24 William Hung 6-3 Sharpedo ex/?
25 Nicholas Caporelli 6-3 Medicham
26 HIDEKI SANO 6-3 Machamp
27 SHIGERU KANDA 6-3 Ludicargo/Wobuffet
28 Steve Perucca 6-3 ZRE
29 YOHEI TAKEDA 6-3 Delcatty/Electrode
30 Bin Xiu 5-4 Rock-Lock
31 Anna Schipper 5-4 Ludicargo/Grumpig/Lanturn
32 Gregory Cresswell 5-4 Sharpedo ex

Well, the combination of Dark slowking and Slowking is better...you also can add double rainbow and scramble energy so that it can charged up fast, also, you can increase dark slowking's hp by rocket's hideout and energy root,lastly, add 4 energy removal 2 :thumb:

yep, that is true but 2 er2 are enough in this deck cause this is not medicham.use those 2 extra slots for tools or whatever to guarantee your win

I put in one Slow King, removed one Dark Slow King, remove on R Ball for 1 Celio.

The Slow King helps in 2 ways, End Game, get Tools. It's too important to not include 1. (If it's prized, oh well.)

but for energy removal 2, it is better to play it 4 or else, do not play it...with energy removal 2 and dark slowking's power, it can be a very good interupt deck :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back