Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Snowpoint Temple

Generally I do not suggest Snowpoint Temple. First off, against Stage 2 decks, they will probably be able to counter it with a Broken Time-Space almost immediately, taking away the 20 hp as easily as you gained it. Against Basic/SP decks, it gives them the 20 hp as well, so you don't accomplish much. So it seems to me that there are more effective ways to use the card slots than Snowpoint Temple.

^ Yeah, I agree with WM77 - it's not worth running Snowpoint in SP decks. If you want to play a Stadium in your BlazeRay, I'd run Galactic HQ. Then, when your opponent's Claydol has 2 damage counters on it, you can drag it up with Luxray and one-shot it. I normally try to fit room for at least 1 Galactic HQ in my SP deck if I can - it helps a lot in Legos, any variant with Luxray and Gallade 4 Lv.X spread. I wouldn't reccomend ditching all the Stadia in your SP deck because Skuntank G is one of the handiest Gengar counters if you play it right (and they're not playing Nidoqueen...lol). Especially good in Dialga G where you get rid of Maternal Comfort if they play Nidoqueen.

i actually think it is good. in response to the people that said people can counter it. well, it is a counter stadium. And, this with expert belt is 150 hp tank.

Gallade-most SP decks will not run Expert Belt because they are dependent on Energy Gain for obvious reasons or Unown G for Machamp.
I think that there are better Stadiums for an SP deck than Snowpoint Temple. While Snowpoint Temple does give a nice 20 HP boost, that can be used to your opponent's advantage if they are playing an SP deck. Plus, some of the popular decks right now (Flygon, Beedrill, Gyarados, Gengar) all run more than 1 BTS, which they will play as soon as possible and make your Snowpoint Temple useless. I think that there are better stadiums for SP decks, such as Galactic HQ, Champion's Room, and Pokemon Contest Hall. If those do not seem to work to your advantage, then you can take them out and you have spare card slots in the deck to work with.

If you wanted to put a Stadium in your BlazeRay deck. Why not just throw in SunyShore City Gym, instead of SnowPoint City Gym to bypass the resistance Flygon has and to remove his weakness to Toxicroak G Promo and Machamp SF. Although, playing Sunyshore City Gym could also be a liability, since Flygon recieves a free agility move, by discarding your Stadium Card.

Snowpoint makes KO'ing things like Baltoys a lot harder, which is obviously counter-productive for that type of deck.

Back