Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

So Cals Best CC EVER!!!! - Dec. 19th **Now with lame 15+ Prizes**

Warbuzz

Attention: Look at the top Four Post for the latest Updated Information.

Diamond Bar City Championship

All-Star Games
2773 South Diamond Bar Blvd.
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Store: (909) 598-4700
Organizer: (323) 868-7775 (Jerry)

When: December 19th 2004
Registration will start at 12 Noon.
Tournament will start at 1:00pm.
Only the first 50 people to register will recieve a City Championship Promo!
Last year we had biggest attendance in California so make sure you show up early!!!

Entry Fee:
Free!!!

Main Event Staff:
Tournament Organizer: Jerry Dominguez (Warbuzz)
Head Judge: Miguel Campos (Greatfox)
Assistant Judge: Jesse Esquivel (Charizard Breeder)
Assistant Judge Alt.: Jon S. (Water Pokemon Master)

Gameboy Side Event Staff:
Tournament Organizer: Jon S. (Water Pokemon Master)
Head Judge: Jon S. (Water Pokemon Master)
Assistant Judge: Leo Orta (Kirbypopstarhero)

Main Event Tournament Structure:
The Main event will be held as an Modified Constructed Age-Modified Swiss Tournament.
Every participant will be placed into one of three age Catagories - 10 and Under , 11-14, and 15+
Number of Swiss Rounds will depend on attendance.
===There will be a cut to Top 8 Single Elimination Playoff in each age catagory!===

Main Event Prize Structure: 10-, 11-14
Prizes are awarded to the top 4 players in each age category.

Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG City Championship Promo Card and a POP Series One 2 card promo pack while supplies last, just for playing!

Top four finishers in each of the age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
•18 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs
•A City Champion Medal
•Prize kit containing cool Pokémon Merchandise!

2nd Place
•9 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

3rd Place
•4 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

4th Place

Main Event Prize Structure: 15+ Now with Standard Prizes to make everyone happy! ;)
Prizes are awarded to the top 4 players in each age category.

Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG City Championship Promo Card and a POP Series One 2 card promo pack while supplies last, just for playing!

Top four finishers in each of the age categories receive the following prizes:
1st Place

•18 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs
•A City Champion Medal
•Prize kit containing cool Pokémon Merchandise!

2nd Place
•9 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

3rd Place

4th Place

Gameboy Side Event Prize Structure:
1st Place
•7 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

2nd Place
•5 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

3rd Place
•3 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

4th Place
•3 Pokémon TCG: EX Team Rocket Returns Booster Packs

Directions:

From the North: Take the 57 Freeway south past the 60 Freeway, to PATHFINDER (the first exit past the 60). Exit on Pathfinder and turn left. Take Pathfinder to DIAMOND BAR BLVD. Turn right. Look for the Country Hills Town Center shopping center on your right within 1/4 to 1/2 mile. We are located in the middle of the shopping center between Clothestime and the Globe Cinemas.

From the East: Take the 60 (or 10) Freeway to the 57 Freeway South. The first exit off the 57 Freeway south of the 60 is PATHFINDER. Exit on Pathfinder and turn left. Take Pathfinder to DIAMOND BAR BLVD. Turn right. Look for the Country Hills Town Center shopping center on your right within 1/4 to 1/2 mile. We are located in the middle of the shopping center between Clothestime and the Globe Cinemas.​

From the South: Take the 57 Freeway north. Exit on DIAMOND BAR BLVD. Turn right. Within 1/4 to 1/2 mile you will find a large shopping center on your left, the Country Hills Town Center. We are located in the middle of the shopping center between Clothestime and the Globe Cinemas. (Please note - there are TWO Diamond Bar Blvd exits on the 57 Freeway. You want the exit that is south of the 60 Freeway, NOT the one between the 60 and the 10 Freeways!)

From the West: Take the 60 (or 10) Freeway to the 57 Freeway South. The first exit off the 57 Freeway south of the 60 is PATHFINDER. Exit on Pathfinder and turn left. Take Pathfinder to DIAMOND BAR BLVD. Turn right. Look for the Country Hills Town Center shopping center on your right within 1/4 to 1/2 mile. We are located in the middle of the shopping center between Clothestime and the Globe Cinemas.​

Last edited:
Main Event Tournament Structure:
The Main event will be held as an Modified Constructed Age-Modified Swiss Tournament.
Every participant will be placed into one of three age Catagories - 10 and Under , 11-14, and 15+

You must bring your own deck built according to the Modified Consrtucted rules as set on the POP Tournament Floor Rules. Your Deck can only contain cards found in the folowing Sets:

•EX: Ruby and Saphirre
•EX: Sandstorm
•EX: Dragons
•EX: Team Magma vs Team Aqua
•EX: Hidden Legends
•EX: FireRed and LeafGreen
•EX: Team Rocket Returns
•EX: Trainer Kit
•Nintendo/PUI Promos 001-026
•POP Series 1 Promo Card 1-17

Random Promo Card Drawing
At the beginning of each round we will randomly draw the name of a player participating in the main event and they will be given, at random, one of four sealed Promo Cards (Promos 016-019 aka: Target Promos). Depending on number of rounds it will either be 1 or 2 random winners per round.

Also note, our CC Web Page is now up... you can get all this info and any Downloads will be adding there

Diamond Bar CC Info Web Page

Also... you can view a list of of all the current SoCal CCs and ones Tentatively planned HERE

Downloads
You can now download our cool Flyer and Deck Regestration forms. Make sure to have your Deck Regestration form ready ahead of time because only the first 50 people to register will recieve the Promo Card.

Diamond Bar CC Flyer

Deck Registration Form

:pokeball: :D

I'll make sure to make the announcement before registration also. I'm sure this is not going to please some people... :(

Last edited:
We are going to have an awesome GBA side-event! It will probably be the biggest one since the EX R/S Pre-releases. If you are a gameboy player, you definately do not want to miss this CC. This CC will also have a lot of other stuff, like Anime viewings, so be sure to come!

This is all the info on the GB tourny:

General Information

1. The GBA tournament will begin at the start of the main event’s playoff rounds.

2. You will only be allowed to use a Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, or LeafGreen game cartridge.

3. Players are expected to bring their own GBA link cables or wireless adapters. (if you have extra, please bring them incase some people show up without any)

4. Prizes will be 7 booster packs for the first place winner, 5 booster packs for second place, and 3 booster packs for third and fourth places. Prizes may increase if more players participate than expected.

5. Each round will be ten minutes long, and the number of rounds will depend on the amount of time available. (probably will be between 6-10 rounds)

6. All players are expected to save their games right in front of the battling lady in the second story floor of the Pokemon Center with your team completely ready. We want to start the tournament as soon as possible.

Rules

1. Your party can only consist of exactly three Pokemon – no duplicates will be allowed (for example, you cannot use two Blastoise)

2. All three Pokemon must be holding different hold items (for example, a Starmie and Lapras cannot be holding a Lum Berry)

3. All three Pokemon must be Level 50 or lower.

4. You cannot use any of the following Pokemon on your team: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi (basically, legendaries are not allowed)

5. No Shiny Pokemon are permitted.

6. You can only Sleep or Freeze a Pokemon one at a time.

7. None of your Pokemon can be cheated or enhanced in anyway using an Action Replay/Gameshark/any other cheating device. All Pokemon will have their stats checked before the tournament starts, so do not cheat or you will be caught.

8. Nothing may be changed between rounds on your games. For example, you are not allowed to change an item on your Pokemon or teach them a new attack. What you start off with will be what you end with.

9. If both you and your opponent have only one Pokemon left, you are not allowed to use attacks such as Perish Song, Destiny Bond, or Explosion.

Last edited:
yup this will be a great cc in the sbay for me to play in since im 15 know :( and for the rules on the destiny bond why cant we do it when they have a guy left?

Last edited:
Water Pokemon Master said:
5. No Shiny Pokemon are permitted.
lol. :D
WHY? Is there any decent reason for this?

9. If your opponent has only one Pokemon left, you are not allowed to use attacks on it such as Perish Song, Destiny Bond, or Explosion.

I agree with lookinforwailordex, I think the standard rule states if its you AND your opponents last Pokemon, then it's claused. Not positive, but it makes more sense that way.

I also think OHKO moves should be disallowed aswell, doubt anyone's really going to try anything sneaky that way, but just in case...

Last edited:
i mean it not your fault you knocked out the other guys pokemon maybe you want to get the game over with so you use those moves to finsh it i think we should be allowed to.

Shiny Pokemon aren't allowed so we can avoid the whole cheating issue all together. We are still deciding on rule #9 because I say it should be that way and Jerry says it should be the other way. Personally, I like it my way because it is cheap to use one of those attacks on your last turn.

:rolleyes:
I'm also with Jerry. Especially since the old Nintendo Mall Tour rules state the same. Don't worry, Jerry and I will put the pressure on him to change it. :D

:D

Aquaboy is the Organizer and Head Judge for the GBA Event. He has final word!

So, this is the start of the Grand Debate!!!

....jerry steps away quitely ......

Last edited:
Fine, fine, fine, have it your way. But, I am going to get a Misdreavus and teach it Mean Look and Perish Song and then use it on your team, Jerry.

Fine, fine, fine, have it your way. But, I am going to get a Misdreavus and teach it Mean Look and Perish Song and then use it on your team, Jerry.

Ha Ha! I accept your challenge.

btw, Update Info on first post is up now.

Last edited:
Forget about the gameboy side event......its all about the main event!!!!!!

BTW, does anyone have an extra gameboy so I can play :p

GreatFox has done major updates to the Pokemonlabs website regarding this CC and all CC's in California. As well as all our tentative upcoming CC's not posted anywhere else.

Go check it out!

Last edited:
Boy oh boy...had to post again!!! Man I cant wait, til the 1st of many great CC's to come thrown by Warbuzz...you the man JERRY :) you ROCK!!!

Will most definitely be there to help out as needed...c'ya all there!!!

Jess_E

That was kinda scary there. For a moment we where listed as be held on Jan. 19, 2005!

Looks like everything has been fixed though and we're all ready to go now.

See you guys in 3 weeks :D

Rumor has it that Jerry's City Championship tournament will be offering 3X the prizes, so I'm sure this will be of great quality. I'll most likely show up.

Back