Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

So...When are we going to Find Out Trips/Invites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Just sayin'...We're already getting into October, yet still know nothing about the invite structure, past educated guesses and speculation.

On an unrelated note? Nice to see my MyPokemon up and running again. : D

No - by Cities we had known well in advance how K values were going to work, who got what trip/invite, etc.

Well, then it's a good thing we've still got a month before Cities, isn't it? :biggrin:

Yeah...But good planning is harder and harder the closer we get to tourney start dates, which leads to lower attendance!

Although the invite structure itself is irrelevant to that. I just want to know :biggrin:

i really want to know the invitation structure etc so i can actually plan my season... so yeah.

Like you arent going to play??? Just go and play. The invite structure will be announced when OP announces it.

Keith

Invite structure actually has a huge impact as to how many Cities I try to attend. Getting rides isn't the easiest thing for me, and almost all tournaments are over an hour away, and I know it's worse for other people. So we kind of want to know if it's worth the money and time spent going to 10 CCs, 8 CCs, 6 CCs, or if we could go to only 3-4 and get away with it. It's only fair IMO.

Invite structure actually has a huge impact as to how many Cities I try to attend. Getting rides isn't the easiest thing for me, and almost all tournaments are over an hour away, and I know it's worse for other people. So we kind of want to know if it's worth the money and time spent going to 10 CCs, 8 CCs, 6 CCs, or if we could go to only 3-4 and get away with it. It's only fair IMO.

^ This pretty much answers your question, Lawman: the more significant Cities are to a worlds invite/trip, the more incentive there is to play in a large number of them.

This information affects the attendance of at least a few hundred competitive players, so I'd rather have "when OP announces" the invite structure be as soon as possible.

Trust me, it affects certain TOs as well, and how we scheudule events.

I guess we will know when we know...but we would like to know soon!!!

Vince

I agree that the structure needs to be addressed before CCs. Difference being, CCs are 2 months away! (Well, 7 weeks or so...usually start the week of Thanksgiving, black friday) We are still finishing up BRs and PRs are just around the corner.

I doubt many of you will give up multiple CCs even if the structure is just invite only w/o trips for the rankin invites. Did it really change last year? Yeah, Worlds is going to be more expensive this year in Hawaii than last year in San Diego. I know that when CCs roll around, I will still see plenty of travelers at events.

I did not mean to make light of anyone who wants to plan their season. It is serious business for loads of people. All I was saying is most, if not all of you, will still play as many CCs as you can get to!

Keith

Sorry Keith, I disagree.

The invite structure is a significant issue when planning these events, especially for places out west that are not blessed with an event covering every date within a 3 hour driving time.

Depending on the size of the prize, it will affect how much I coordinate with my local TOs to make sure we have a minimal conflict on dates and times, and stack as many Sat/Sun pairings as I can to attract out-of-area travellers, as opposed to simply placing the majority on Saturdays.

I guess it matters if you are east, or west of the Mississippi.

Vince

I agree that the structure needs to be addressed before CCs. Difference being, CCs are 2 months away! (Well, 7 weeks or so...usually start the week of Thanksgiving, black friday) We are still finishing up BRs and PRs are just around the corner.

I doubt many of you will give up multiple CCs even if the structure is just invite only w/o trips for the rankin invites. Did it really change last year? Yeah, Worlds is going to be more expensive this year in Hawaii than last year in San Diego. I know that when CCs roll around, I will still see plenty of travelers at events.

I did not mean to make light of anyone who wants to plan their season. It is serious business for loads of people. All I was saying is most, if not all of you, will still play as many CCs as you can get to!

Keith

If people can't pay for a trip to hawaii, they aren't going to waste time going to several CC's for an invite. Instead, they'll just travel to events where they can win paid trips. There is a HUGE difference in whether it's TRIP or INVITE this year. If my premier points aren't getting me a trip, then I'm not spending $$ traveling to several CC's. I'll play in local ones and save money.

You do that already though Vince! I check with a few local PTOs to try and coordinate events already, even as low as BRs! I had Jeff Reynolds over to judge for me this past saturday and I went to Asheville to judge for him the week before. I know we cannot avoid conflicts with all the PTOs/TOs, but we try (or should try) to work with those near us.

Keith

I really didn't last year or the year before Keith for Cities or Battle Roads.

With no trips on the line, for cities, the local PTOs all decided, we would simply run the events on the best days for our own players.

In 2007, for Cities and Battle Roads we coordinated between each other to allow the most players to play the most events, as everyone had the incentive to travel.

Vince

definitely. if cities are a high k value, i will go to more days in the georgia marathon, and try extra hard to go to a cities double weekend in my friend's town. i gotta start saving money and planning rooming arrangements and driving situations for stuff like that. I hope we learn this soon!

This will also be the first year that I can drive to my own events. My mom isn't the kind of person who likes to drive all over the place, so my event area has been limited. But now that I'll be able drive with a permit, all she has to do is ride in the passenger seat and we're good. K-value is going to greatly affect how much/far I travel this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back