Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Socal regionals- 1st place

yellowlob

Hey, after much bugging by SDPokemom T.T im posting a report.

I played Galactics + more stuff, deciding it had a pretty good matchup vs dialga, machamp, gengar, and gechamp =]

Round 1
vs TTar

I start with a decent hand, and he unfortunately gets only one larvitar and goes first. On my turn, i get the honchkrow + crobat with energy gain and energy for the T1 donk =/
1-0

Round 2
vs BlastCatty

I dont really recall that well, but he got ahead at the beginning, but once i got a stadium i was able to knockout his blastoise and take control from there.
2-0

Round 3
vs Banette/Eggs

I sniped a bunch of eggs with crobat + honchkrow to make sure i didnt get locked, then swept with weavile.
3-0

Round 4
vs Machamp

I dont remember much, just used toxicroak and skuntank alot.
4-0

Round 5
vs Machamp

He starts with unown q and i forget my start, but i spray his uxie and both of us struggle to setup, but i win it at the end.
5-0

Round 6
vs Beedrill

He goes first with a lone phione start, i have toxicroak + skuntank, without energy, energy gain or stadium in my hand. On my turn, i decide to lookers and gamble for the donk, cuz i know ill have a hard time anyways, even though he had an awesome hand. I whiff on everything but a stadium i think. He proceeds and gets 4 beedrill and owns me, but not before i kill a beedrill with a skuntank + crobat drop.
5-1

Round 7
vs Machamp

I start with houndoom T.T luckily he doesnt get a donk =D i end up getting setup, and i think i used zangoose + honchkrow sniping (with unknown G) to take the win
6-1

Round 8
vs Machamp

We both get pretty set up, trading prizes, but i unfortunately had a toxicroak prized. He made a misplay and used take out on something with a G or a toxicroak (i ferget). It all came down to flips, i had snowpoint and he had lvl x and needed 2 heads. he got them =D
6-2

So im placed 9th =D and my friend gets 19th =[

Top 16
vs Dialga

Game 1: I find out houndoom is prized... darn. But i end up sniping about 3 baltoys and draw the doom. We both get setup, but i have more attackers out and end up winning the trade-off
Game 2: About the same, we both get sorta set up, but i end up zangoosing up his claydol and sniping his bench for awhile, and he eventually runs low on energy.

Top 8
vs Typhlosion/Infernape
Game 1: uhhh i dont remmber details T.T but i sniped a bunch of chimchar.
Game 2: I draw dead for a really long time, stalling with zangoose bringing up typhlosions and claydols, but he gets setup and one shots me too easily. Snowpoint did help though kinda. He ends up taking last two prizes with a mach punch to my benched bronzong with 80.
Game 3: we get set up and everything, but time is called soon after, so its sudden death =D he doesnt get too setup , i think i sprayed his uxie. I get an early honchkrow, careful not to attach a tool cuz of pachi. He ends up having to uxie back to the deck to stay alive, i get 70 on the infernape then snipe it next turn. gg.

Top 4
vs Machamp
Game 1: I START WITH HOUNDOOM AGAIN. But i then get setup, and zangoose out a claydol, and he cant draw warps, using one early to get claydol outta active. I snipe and stuff. He gets champ lvl x out and knocks out weavile with strong willed. I zangoose up a claydol. He finds out he ran outta energy and scoops.
Game 2: Uhhh.. i dont think he setup as much as the first game.... and i end up winning

Finals
vs GeChamp
Game 1: I think i use the whole zangoose + honchkrow for a while, getting a KO on a machamp and baltoy...I was really tired so i dont remember much. We trade blows with Gengars and Machamps vs Weaviles and Toxicroaks, he does 480 to a toxicroak =D but i pull out in the end.
Game 2: I unown Gd a krow and did stuff... (sorry i dont remember much) I just remember him not setting up as much =/ gg

and there it is =D

**Sorry, i fergot what happened in all the matches i skipped coverage...it was late and awhile ago heh.

Last edited:
Good job taking first place! You knocked out my friend's machamp at top 4 lol.
Once again good job, great plays, great deck.

good job andrew...now was that so hard? ;) :) :D

i'll try to get the pictures uploaded today...especially the finals ones with the bandos all standing on chairs watching :D

'mom

lol

Some guy was like "dude Zangoose isn't that good".

And I'm like "man, Zangoose just won him 1,000 dollars!"

Much mirth was had.

Ya I didn't set-up in that last match at all. Grats on the win anyway. Hope to see you at worlds later this year.

Yeah, it was pretty funny to see them all standing on the chairs back there. With how much you two were trying to focus (despite the long day), I am not surprised you didn't know they were there. ; )

Yeah, it was pretty funny to see them all standing on the chairs back there. With how much you two were trying to focus (despite the long day), I am not surprised you didn't know they were there. ; )

Ya, I didn't notice them till like turn 2 of the second game.

Fantastic! Zangoose! Never even noticed it!

What? WHAT?! YOU didn't notice Zangoose? *dizziness*

i totally didnt know they were all like that xD

Ya, I didn't notice them till like turn 2 of the second game.

I noticed. :cool: They were first class spectators, as were the NV folks up beyond the head of the table. I almost mistook DFB for a Tiki/Totem he was standing so still. Everyone intent, no distractions, no crowding. Nice job ...

I noticed. :cool: They were first class spectators, as were the NV folks up beyond the head of the table. I almost mistook DFB for a Tiki/Totem he was standing so still. Everyone intent, no distractions, no crowding. Nice job ...

Absolutely, would have been a great example for everyone else if they weren't everyone else there (being around midnight and such).

I looked at Zangoose and said, like so many people, EH! I hadn't thought of the great annoyance and stalling factor that Zangoose provides, and I now see even more potential with Weavile.

Back