Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SoCal's 2011 regionals event the biggest and best regional event in the world!

kamz

YEAH, UH HUH, YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS SOCAL REGIONALS EVENT 2011
EVERYTHING WE DO WE DO IT BIG

Regional Championship
Long Beach
April 16, 2011
Tournament Location
The Queen Mary, 1126 Queen's Highway, Long Beach, Ca.; PH: (800) 437-2934

Cost to Enter
Tournament entry is FREE!

Registration and Start Time
Registration for Round 1 opens at 7:30 am and closes at 8:45 am

The Regional Championship player's meeting begins at 9:00 am sharp!!!

How to Sign-Up and Play
Arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

A Registration Slip is required to be entered into the event! We need it ASAP after you arrive on the ship! Slips turned in past 8:45 am will NOT make Round 1 of the Championships!

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to the Player's Meeting — download it now, fill it out, and bring it with you! Or better yet...use this cool online decklist tool to create, double-check, and print your decklist: http://pokegym.net/decklist You will need to turn in your decklist at the player's meeting. Also, please rememeber to bring your POP ID. Thanks.

Prizes
The top 16 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Champion 1st Place Medal
• Travel award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18)*
• Scholarship award worth $1500
• First- and second-round bye at the US National Championships**
• Combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• Other cool Pokémon merchandise

2nd Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 2nd Place Medal
• Scholarship award worth $1000
• First- and second-round bye at the US National Championships

3rd & 4th Place

• Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place Medal

5th - 8th Place

• Combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
9th - 16th Place

• Combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

* This is a travel award to the Nationals of the country hosting that particular Regional. If a Canadian wins a US Regional, we need to pass the prize down to the highest placing US resident.

** This is also a bye to the Nationals of the country hosting the Regional. It cannot be passed down so if a US player wins or places second at a Canadian Regional, the bye just goes away. This does not stack with the byes won at SPTs. There is no way to get a three round bye.

Additionally, participants will receive a Pokémon TCG 2011 Regional Championship promo card, while supplies last, just for playing! Also, we will have some fun door prizes of other cool Pokémon merchandise.

Special Events
We have the following super cool & neat special events for participating Regional Championship players:

Video Game League (bring your DS Pokemon and do battle!)
Create-a-Card contest (with colored pencils and crayons)
Paper airplane contest (yes...just like at CA States last month!)
Side Events
4-player "Draft-in-a-Box" booster drafts will be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$25 entry fee; prizes = 4 boosters for 1st, 2 boosters for 2nd, and 1 booster for 3rd-4th.

4-player constructed tournaments will be available and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$5 entry fee; prizes = 4 boosters for 1st, 2 boosters for 2nd, and 1 booster for 3rd-4th.

Team side events will be offered as interest warrants. Pricing and prizes presented onsite.

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss (1 game matches), with Top 2-32 single elimination (best 2 of 3 games) in each age divison.

Tournament Format
Modified Constructed

Queen Mary Tours
There are some exciting tours of the Queen Mary available for those who want to explore the past and see how ocean liner passengers fared while journeying across the seas.

Vendors
Vendor tables for this event are $75 each per 6' table. Complete rules for being a vendor are listed here.

The following vendors have signed up for this event:

TVN Collectibles
Kirstin's Collectibles
Desperate4Cards.com
PT&E

Last edited:
Yeah... Kamz, you are going to want to specify that this is SoCal. California is cool enough to get 2 regionals... so it is actually a smaller event than states, more often than not. I'll be heading down to So-Cal as always. Say hello to me if you want to... I'll have my dragon hat and premier ball playmat as always. :D

Yeah... Kamz, you are going to want to specify that this is SoCal. California is cool enough to get 2 regionals... so it is actually a smaller event than states, more often than not. I'll be heading down to So-Cal as always. Say hello to me if you want to... I'll have my dragon hat and premier ball playmat as always. :D

Awesome! It's always fun having Zachary here. For some reason. :/

lol, agreed. There is always like, 10 less people in divisions like Seniors or something like that.

everyone traveling up, have a safe trip, and Ill see you guys Saturday morning, bright and early!

1-5 Drop from Regionals...
AGHAGHAGH
Sooo...
First game was an actual legit loss, second game I shoulda won but the guy flipped 2 heads on Fainting Spell to my Belted Rhyperior X and another non-Belted Rhyperior X, third game I get donked by 3 heads on triple kick, 4th game I get donked by 2 Crobat drops and earthquake from Garchomp C, 5th game I lose to another donk but I probably woulda lost that because it's gyarados, 6th game I won because my opponent's deck wasn't really good at all.
Oh well. Maybe next time. I think luck just didn't like me today.

2-4 with Salmence Deck
Not good: Got re-paired with my neighbor and he got extremely lucky. We flipped over our cards
My spiritomb against his Garchomp C..........I lost and i was ashamed.

Back