Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Solar Flares coming toward Earth

Time to get into my solar flare shelter.

Mewtwo: You don't have a solar flare shelter, Steve.

I don't have a psychic cat, either.

Last edited:
So that's why AOL's giving me a hard time dialing up and bringing up pages today. ;)

Who's the guy with the jumbo magnet that's causing this? ^_^

What would you even try to use for a solar flare shelter anyway? How could anything withstand 10 million degrees F of superheated solar radiation? Thank God for earth's atmosphere!

Man, my Science class must be stalking me...huge project involving solar weather as one of the components coming up soon for me, and I see this. You can imagine my joy. ~_~

So what exactly does this solar flare mean for us? absolutely nothing. We probaly be dead by the time it comes. Kind of like that asteroid that was supposed to come down here.

notice how i said "Coronal Mass Ejection". Not literally the solar flare. The Ejection can easily knock out satellite and the like. A solar flare will, that I'm aware of, never be able to reach the earth.

Last edited:
yes onederlnd is right. In a million years a solar flare could never reach earth. They don't even get half way to earth. All it means is a power outage for some. It's really no big deal.

treecko_332 said:
yes onederlnd is right. In a million years a solar flare could never reach earth. They don't even get half way to earth. All it means is a power outage for some. It's really no big deal.

Tell that to New York.

yoshi1001 said:
"All it means is a power outage for some. It's really no big deal."
You've still lost me for where New York is significant. Was that an attempt at a joke? ;)

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking... but that had nothing to do with NY specifically, nor did it have anything to do with solar flares......

Last edited:
But it is reasonable to assume that a New Yorker would not take the threat of a blackout lightly, which was my original supposition.

The only reason that New York was such a big topic is because the last time the lights were out was September 11th. Nobody knew if it was a terrorist attack. The outage caused mass panic because of that.

If New Yorkers know an outage is going ot happen, sure, it'll cause problems, but nothing like the past two times.

Last edited:
Back