Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Soles's Winning Ft Worth CC Report!

Hey yall its soles... so i wake up at 8:30 this morning and leave around 9. When i get there around 10 i c an old friend...danny fish. Then at about 11 people start comming and i get an unexpected call from kettler, so i fuss at him cuz he couldnt come cuz of a debate tourney... I decided to go with dark ttar(sand damage)/dark amphy. i changed my mind from dark amphy/omastar because i got a vibe that told me i wud do horrible if i played it so i changed my mine and this is the list i went with

4 Dunsparce
3 Larvitar(swipes)
2 Dark Pupitar
3 Dark Tyranitar
3 Mareep(MER)
2 Dark Flaffy
3 Dark Amphy
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot

4 ATM Rock
4 Rare Candy
3 Steve
3 Tv Reporter
3 Rocket Ball
2 Celio
1 Desert Ruins
1 Switch
1 Admin

4 Dark
4 Fighting
3 Electric
2 DRE

Round 1- Some Dude(forgot name)- Salamence/Dark Gyrados

Well i started with a sparce, a rare candy, and a pidgeot. From there i was COMPLETLY setup by my second turn. It went downhill for him there on. 1-0

Round 2- Chris Dejournett-Dark Amphy/Omastar

This game was horrid...we both started with pidgeys but i got the better setup. He pulls the second turn omastar and passed because of lack of energy. i attach use sudden flash on his omastar and i flipped heads thank goodness. I got a ttar and a pidgoetto out...then i atm rocked his omastar so it would kill his fosill making my life a little eaiser. It went bad for him from there... Sorry Chris. 2-0

Round 3- Jordan Dupois(Whicker)- Jumpluff/Gorebyss/Pidgeot

He starts with hoppip and i larvitar. I get the 3rd turn ttar and begin working on his benched 30 hit point hoppips. i get rid of 3 of them and he just concedes because im so far ahead. Sorry Jordan. 3-0

Round 4- Roy Robertson Jr.(old man's son)-Stoise/Pidgeot/Quagsire/1-1 Togetic Line

I knew that this game wud be tough. We were both undefeated so i thought this wud be a good one. I get a late setup but thank god he doesnt play delcatty or other wise i would have been screwed. So i basically swarm with ttars and ATM rocks and end up KOing a couple squirtles and a pidgey. It went downhill for him from there. Good game Roy..best i have had all day. 4-0

Round 5- Austin Cook-Blaze/Ray(4 of them)/delcatty

He get a pretty bad setup and i just swarn him with bench damage to basics. His for 4 came in handy so he cud draw 2 prizes although he had a horrible setup. Sorry Austin. 5-0

Round 6- Diane Chambers-Zap-Turn-Dos

Before this game started i deeply considered conceding this game so i would not be 1st seed in t8 and lose unluckily to the 8th seed like i always do but i decided to go ahead and play it out. She starts with and elekid and i expect the worse. she does gather energy and attaches to elekid But she gets no zappy
THANK GOODNESS. I bring up my larvitar to do fury swipes to OHKO elekid and bench her to win but i onmly roll on heads but the next turn i get the rare candy, ttar and DRE. Sorry Diane 6-0

T8

This is the T8 in no specfic order

1 Me-Dark Ttar/Dark Amphy
2 Jordan- Pluff/byss/pidgeot
3 Robert Riner-Blaze
4 Diane Chambers- Zap-Turn-Dos
5 Tom Chambers- Sceptile/Parasect
6 Andrew Lobrecht- Zap-Turn-Dos
7 Brian Dejournett- Dark Amphy/Omastar
8 Chris Dejournett- Dark Amphy/Omastar

Again...The t8 was in no specfic order.. i just listed the contenders and their decks.

T8 Tom Chambers-Sceptile/Parasect

This is the matchup i feared.. 1 because of the 1st seed T8 curse...2 because ttar is weak to grass.
he gets a bad start while i get a decent one. he uses wurple to fill up his bench and i decide to swarm with amphy so i can kill grovles quickly. Eventually he runs out of treeckos and i win. Sorry Tom. Nice Job. 7-0

T4 Jordan- Pluff/Byss/Pidgeot

I wasnt too worried about this game. I being an early swarming with ttar to slowking work on those funny 30 hit point hoppip. He figures that he cant possibly win so he concedes making my life a little eaiser. Thanks Jordan. 8-0

Finals- Robert- Blaze

Game 1- Simple................HE KILLS ME 8-1

Game 2- He gets a horrible setup,while it get a god one. i get my tyranitar out early and start to work on those torchics etc. luckly for me he cant draw any evos so 4 turns later i draw 4 prize from killing 2 torchic,a skitty and a pidgey just buy using sand damage. it basically goes down hill for him from there. 9-1

Game 3- This is really a repeat of the last game. I swarmed with TTar and ATM rocks and he couldnt do much about it. Great Games Robert. 10-1 on the day

Props- Me winning
Birch and Co. for a great event
Tracy Cho for winning her 3rd CC in 11-14

Slops-Johnny For not showing up(Debate Tourney)
No lunch break
Thats All Folks

Hope Yall Enjoyed

Haha, at least I made T8 at the tourney! It was only my 2nd time ever too! =D

But yeah, Magma is what people have found through playtesting to be the toughest matchup for Amphy/Ttar. The pharos just gets slaughtered if sent out, and the ttars can be outswarmed. Still close match tho (also, nobody plays magma sooooo =x)

But great job, Ryan! I know you've been wanting to win one, and I think you proved some Soles-pwnage. However, in exchange for this, I do plan to takeover Austin ^_-

Dark TTar/Dark Amphy is this shizazzle. Why does nobody except Soles and the Ohio people play it?

GJ Ryan, keep on slaughtering those Oklahomaians. Maybe soon they'll realize that the Texas people were right and that Pidgeot in Monarchy is the p\/\//\/@G3. And then the world will be happy again. Yay.

BTW Patriarch, I play Magma, too bad it sucks. (It was the only deck I could afford). ;p

Actually, a lot of people are playing amphy/ttar nationwide, SuperWooper. 3rd at colin's CC, TRUK, Michael P, etcetc

Good job Ryan!
Now you need to make it to OK to play. I would be more than happy for you to come up here.

Great job Ryan. I know how we hate that 1st seed (I got cursed in Katy) but you held your Ground and showed'em whatcha got. Go T-Tar

So did TX clean sweep Fort Worth? Who took the 10- Medal?

What's with Kettler not winning a DEBATE??

And I must say I like seeing Andrew's name in top 8!!

Hey GJ =D I guess I'm dumb but I don't quite see why this would lose to Magma, u put up Dark TTar and their whole field is like taking 20 every turn as everyone is a basic =\ Lol do games not work like that with Magma?

Anyway congrats again ^_^

~Colin

Well, essentially in the game, you can't attack using Amphy or it almost always auto-dies to Don King. Pidgeot will rarely serve much as an attacker (if you let it pile up too much dmg, you lose a pivotal piece to your deck), so it's essentially 3 Tyranitars vs the entire deck (which tend to do a relatively good job holding up).

BTW Nancy...

RESOLVED: Democracy is best served under a strict separation of church and state

You must understand that it's harder for me to win Debate tournies as opposed to Pokemon! Judges can screw you good at times >_<

Last edited:
Patriarch said:
Well, essentially in the game, you can't attack using Amphy or it almost always auto-dies to Don King. Pidgeot will rarely serve much as an attacker (if you let it pile up too much dmg, you lose a pivotal piece to your deck), so it's essentially 3 Tyranitars vs the entire deck (which tend to do a relatively good job holding up).

BTW Nancy...

RESOLVED: Democracy is best served under a strict separation of church and state

You must understand that it's harder for me to win Debate tournies as opposed to Pokemon! Judges can screw you good at times >_<

thanks for the complements guys

Good job Soles!!!

BTW the 10 and under taker was Demitry(Sp?) Fish (I know I can't spell so kill me)

Great last minute choice Soles and you pwn in that tournament!!!
Good job Demitry(Sp? Curse my spelling)
Good job Tyler for providing a good match and some laughter
Good job Austin for his first 11-14 tournament (Yes, he is 11 and he got 4th and he fell to the 1st seed curse... sucks)
Props to Andrew L. for his first GBA win
And Andy for 2nd place

hehe, I felt like doing a shout out thing... sorry if that bothers you...

Last edited:
YAY FOR SOLES!!!!!!!!

you do need to come to OK next week though, it'll be even more of a challenge for you

also, go Jumpluff!!!!!

Not bad Ryan. Good job on taking down the City Championship win. The Amphy concept is getting the credability it deserves, which is great to see.

I'm hommmmmmme. Just rolled in from Ft/Worth. Had a GREAT time. First off, I'm so pumped up for Team Cook Austin. This was his first tournament in age group 11-14. He did great, lost to Tracy Cho in the playoffs. Congrats Tracy. Great job MPB, Sam, and Gilbert for a smooth tournament, as always. I had a blast even though I finished 1-5. I hate my deck. The OU boys were soooo lucky I was busy playing on the last two tables. Roy and his buddies told me they tried catching up with me by losing games (not that they wanted to), but I kept losing more myself, so we never got matched up. Anyhoo, Congrat to the winners, great job. See y'all in Austin, Texas on the 22nd. Oh, it was good seeing all the boys from OU. Hope y'all had a good time and a safe ride back. Sorry you missed the cake Roy.

WTG Ryan

...too bad I didnt get the match-ups Robert had or it would have been me in that finals seat since we were both playin similar decks he he he :rolleyes: but thats the luck of the draw though.....

:thumb: See Everyone in OKC :thumb:

Last edited:
Back