Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Solve the impossible triangle and Win cards and stuff!

soslowpoke

Behold, I face you all with quite a simple opportunity to win some cards (think Tropical Wind Promos, jumbos, tournament packs, plus a wide variety of other stuff, I'm more than willing to negotiate to your preferences :))

All to be shipped to you for FREE!

How do you do it? Behold the 'impossible triangle'

imptri1.gif

(image not drawn to scale...so a protractor wont work..sorry :()

As you see in the image, each of the three vertex angles are bisected(separated into two parts each with the same degree measure), as indicated by the tick marks on the angles, yet each angle of the triangle has a different measure (it is not equilateral nor isoceles). Now the red portions of the triangle is where you want to pay attention to. Angle ABC is formed by connecting the endpoints of the angle bisectors, forming the angle ABC.

To make this even easier for you, I'm going to provide you with the ANSWER.
Angle ABC is equal to 90 degrees.

Now all that is needed for you to win this nice prize is the SOLUTION (solution includes not only answer, but how you came to it).

So all you have to do is prove how Angle ABC is equal to 90 degrees and it's all yours! Use your Geometry skills and whatnot to do this. Simply reply here with your solution and if its correct... you win!

No deadline...just until someone finds a solution- good luck!

There is no way to get a perpendicular angle off of a scalene triangle. a 90 degree angle exists when two lines intersect each other perfectly.

In other words, you get a 90 degree angle off of an iscosceles or equilateral, but not a scalene.

The answer I PMed you was wrong. Is this one, too? =P

Last edited:
In a scalene triangle, one side is the smallest, one is the biggest. So all you do is average together the sides to figure out what the center points are of the angle. Which in this case, the answer is 90 degrees.

Okay, I don't even know what I wrote, but is that even lukewarm?

Just a couple of questions, if it's allowed...

This is a 2-Dimensional object, correct?

This is a mathematical puzzle rather than a riddle, correct?

Meh, otherwise I'm guessing I'm looking at a normal right-angled triangle from a skewed perspective. But then, I'm logic-minded, rather than mathematically... :)

i already solved it, took me like 5 seconds, but i odnt need the packs or anything and i want to give others a chance. also the solution is very hard to post here as i used equation editor. its really easy once you think about it. i bet physics squirrel already got it too.

This is a 2-Dimensional object, correct?

Yup

This is a mathematical puzzle rather than a riddle, correct?

Yes, no smart aleck response, just pure math :D

JasonthePwnda said:
no it involves something called GEOMETRY.
I took that only last year, and ate questions not too dissimilar from this one for breakfast. Sadly I seem to have lost said skill. Stupid nPr/nCr and whatnot starting that cycle to make me forget. :p

ok sean i will tell you my solution, but oyu have to label all the angles for me. all of them. and make vertical angles equal. etc.

>Now all that is needed for you to win this nice prize is the SOLUTION (solution includes not only answer, but how you came to it).

Answer: Angle ABC is equal to 90 degrees.
How I came to it: I copied it from your initial post.

Yay! I win!

Since you have to come up with the right answer to win the puzzle, it means that it is the right angle. And if it's a right angle, it must have 90 degrees. Ipso facto, QED, send me my packs. :p

*Remembers there horror of geometry last year*

Oh god, not even more!

><

I've got the answer. I don't need the packs -- I'm just enjoying seeing people try to figure out the answer. Should be fun to see what people can come up with.

Back