Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Some Random Theory ive conducted about pokemon thats worth a look...

|PoKeY|

In all honesty, this a serious topic, despite its appearance. Im not like trying to spark huge controversy or anything I just think its worth a thought.

This is a serious topic, not a joke.

ive been thinking about it today and I've come to the conclusion that:

Pokemon is a living reinactment of the Slavery of the Blacks.

It makes perfect sense. Back in the days of our fore-fathers in the South (mostly), blacks were treated as slaves and forced to do rigourous labor.
The Equivalent: Pokemon Trainers have their Pokemon perform in rigorous battles called Pokemon Battles. Pokemon Trainers= White; Slave Masters, Pokemon= Slaves.

Many Pokemon Trainers trade their Pokemon with other Pokemon Trainers.
The Equivalent: Slave Trade and Slave Auctions.

Pokemon Trainers search through tall grasses to find new Pokemon to Catch.
The Equivalent: Slave Masters purchased slaves that arrived from Africa.

Pokeball= Money
Pokeball can also be the equivalent to the ball and chains of bondage that prevented escape.

Mewtwo is the equivalent of Martin Luther King, Jr.
MLK Jr's Assination is the equivalent to Mewtwo's banishment to the depths of the unknown dungeon.

Professor Oak doesnt really fit into this, but ive made a relationship to it. Professor Oak gives the Pokemon to Ash and Gary, promoting slavery. Just like an old man giving away free slaves or like a Cigarette Company tries to promote cigarettes to little kids.

The only exceptions/issues to this are Ash, Pikachu and Psyduck in the show.
Ash is a good trainer, there were good slave masters back in the day, but you didnt see a lot of them in the past. They show the game and show to seem more friendly to promote sales. But Team Rocket is the real message and they try to decieve you by showing you the "good guys" trying to stop the "bad guys". Its hypocritical and very confusing.

IN NO WAY am i boycotting Pokemon or promoting the boycott of it, im just giving a radical and different view. I still like the game.

What else am i missing, what are your thoughts on this?

|PoKeY| said:
In all honesty, this a serious topic, despite its appearance. Im not like trying to spark huge controversy or anything I just think its worth a thought.

This is a serious topic, not a joke.

ive been thinking about it today and I've come to the conclusion that:

Pokemon is a living reinactment of ...

I had to click on this. The preview screen ended right there. You sure know how to whet an appetite.

But what you're missing is the point.

Just an interesting aside, this is how conspiracy theories work. Theorists put two and two together and get four. Problem is, they ignored all the other numbers; it's not just two and two. Thereby, they come up with a logical explanation that takes into account known facts but that is actually completely wrong.

Obviously I'm not saying that Pokemon is a pro-slavery conspiracy, even based on this. I'm just saying that it's easy to take a given set of characteristics - here, Pokemon - and apply new skins to them. Pokemon reflects slavery no more than it reflects natural selection, tribal dominance by proxy or extreme-right racial fascism. But it can be twisted to reflect all four.

Last edited:
i guess in a way i could see that but... not really.
i agree with Hypnosproject in saying um ok

Pokey,

I fear that in boldfacing your text about not intending to boycott or harm the game of pokemon, you are seriously and dangerously missing the larger ramifications of a post like this. What you are, in fact, doing is trivializing the slave experience. That may not be your intent; I actually doubt that it is. However, bringing the two up as if they share context presents a gross misrepresentation of historical fact and underscores a fundamental lack of awareness on your part. I won't bother to tear apart your logic, partially because I'm having difficulty understanding it.

You know me, and you know I'm your friend. Please, take this advice from an historian: drop the pursuit of this line of thinking.

Gosh...I'm still laughing....here's another theory for you...with rather more logic

Pokemon is Japan's way at getting us back for Fat Man and Little Boy.

Taking all the money right out of ours pockets. ;[ But what else are we to spend it on anyway besides tickets to see boxing at NBA games.

And I'm glad to see Jake has gotten his degree or what not in history? :p

Oh yeah, I think this topic is stupid, but I gotta step in for my favourite hommie-g, mewtwo...

Metal Master: The movies mean CWAP! Mewtwo lives in the unkown dungeon because he is training, to lv 100, so then he kill can all, u catch him, and u rule the world w/ him. mwhahamwahwmawhaha

Back