Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sorting your Cards

C-U elite

How do youi sort your Cards? This thread could not only help the younger players but also the newer or even more advanced players.

I sort my cards by rarity, type and they all have differnt binders.
I also carry all my stuff in a bookbag and a duffle back.

Any Ideas?

I have a pretty interesting system for my cards that I follow. I have all of my Level x cards in one small binder, my rares are separated by set with dividers. All of my deck cards are in another small binder, and my commons and uncommons are in a 5000 count box, also separated by set and pokemon. Lastly, I have my trainers in two 1000 count boxes, and those are separated by type of trainer. So stadiums, fossils, balls, supporters, tools, and trainers are all divided up.

Un/Commons = Sorted by

1. Energy Type
2. HP
3. How good they are

Rares = The same but separated
Holos = The same but separated

Pre DP and Post DP are separated as well. Trainers are alphabetical. LV. X's are in a binder and favorites are in the safe.

Cards that I will be using shortly (deck cards, cards I want to trade, cards I want to remind myself to look at, etc.) are put in tins or in plain sight.

I have a binder for E - series holos and Neo Holos. Chansey Base 2 (My 1st Chansey) lies in the glory position.

I've got several different systems for my cards.

For my Common and Uncommon Pokemon, I have each set in its own 400-count box (which can actually hold 550 cards, figure that out). They are in set number order, and separated by Common and Uncommon. When I've got 8 of a Pokemon in here, I'll put the rest into an unordered 5000 count box to serve as my League's Open Trades box (take a card, leave a card, I generally don't monitor this too closely). That 5000 count box is pretty full ATM, and probably going to get MUCH bigger when HGSS comes out...

For my Trainers/SpEnergy, I have two 400-count Professor boxes. I organize them into Stadiums, Fossils, Supporters, TGIs, TMs, Tools, Trainers, and Special Energy.

My Basic Energy are stored in an old box of screws. I'd estimate that there are about 900 cards in this box.

My Rares and Holos for my new sets are in a different 4-pocket Pokemon binder for each set. They are ordered Holos, Rares, RH-Rares, RH, LvX/Shiney/Secret in the back, and the Holos and Rares are sorted by set number.

My Binders and Decks are all in a rolling computer bag, which is about 2ft by 2ft by 1ft (probably bigger, but I'll go with that for now). My

For me, it's like this...

Rares and Super Rares are kept in a binder. At the front of the binder is the Lv. Xs in chronological order, and then SRs/SHs in chronological order. This is also where promos go. Obviously if the Lv. Xs were released in the same set, they're in order by number.

Then I have the rest of my rares in the binder with dividers for each set. Inside of each set, it's done by collector's number.

As far as C/UCs, I have a 5k count card box that holds all of my C/UC modified legal cards, which I keep in the trunk of my car at events, as it is quite heavy.

Good luck!

`binder of tradable rares/extra trainers
`cardboard card boxes with commons sorted by set/energys/useless rares/whatnot
`mini binders with trainers/staples for personal use
`baggie of sleeves
`mini binder of reverse holos

all in my backpack, works for me

I keep modified holos and RH's in a binder separated by type (and the Lv.X's separate from those).

All the rest of the cards I keep in one of those big divider boxes separated first by set and then by type. Trainers and Energies separate from those.

Works for me, makes it easy to find everything quickly.

I keep my 1000ish cards in a big binder, sorted as type (with rares/favourites at the start and junk at the end) then all my trainers then all the energies (shoved into a sleeve each - I have fighting energy 6 deep in the one sleeve :l)

I want to make it better but can't be bothered + don't know what will look good.

I used to have it by type + alphabetically. My binder starts with my Victory Medal :3, then my shinies, secret rares and such, then my Lv. X cards. Then there are some other things of random value (Vaporeon and Flareon Star, Gardevoir EX SS, etc;) and then it goes into type - colorless first, and then the next type is whichever trumped the previous one (so fighting, then psychic, then dark, then i get stuck and switch to metal, then fire, then water, then electric).

Inside types, it's pretty random. I SHOULD get a second binder for rarer cards, sounds like. And go by collector's number. But, it's such a pain to re-order them when you get a new one...

I've got mine sorted by type in my binders, with one copy of each card in my collection (minus trainers). Within types I have them in number order, and then by set. Right now there are two binders, the first one starting with the Mareep pormos my Sacramento league gave me when they saw how much I liked Mareep and they were tired of pulling them--one turned out to be the error, too! Sentimental, really.

Extras, trainers, and energy I have in an 800 ct box (that I drew on : 3). Cards that are for trade are in 300 ct. boxes sorted by rarity, then by pokemon and set for common/uncommon non-holos, by set and collection number for rev. holos, and set and collection number for rares.

i am way lazier than all of you.

a few binders with 'good cards', ranging from a book of RH trainers, to just books of holos and Xs, not sorted by set or number or anything. seems like a hassle ;x

My binder goes:

1. Holos (In order from Colorless to Water, alphabetical order, shhh)
2. Rares/Rev. Holo Rares (Colorless - Water)
3. POP and Promo
4. Colorless (pretty much thrown in randomly with families grouped together)
5. Dark (random with families)
6. Electric ("")
7. Fighting ("")
8. Fire
9. Grass
10. Psychic
11. Steel
12. Water
13. Trainers
14. Supporters
15. Tools and Stadiums

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I used to have it by type + alphabetically. My binder starts with my Victory Medal :3, then my shinies, secret rares and such, then my Lv. X cards. Then there are some other things of random value (Vaporeon and Flareon Star, Gardevoir EX SS, etc;) and then it goes into type - colorless first, and then the next type is whichever trumped the previous one (so fighting, then psychic, then dark, then i get stuck and switch to metal, then fire, then water, then electric).

Inside types, it's pretty random. I SHOULD get a second binder for rarer cards, sounds like. And go by collector's number. But, it's such a pain to re-order them when you get a new one...

You COULD technically put grass after dark since bug beats dark and grass envelops bug pokemon too.

Last edited:
Commons and energies sorted by type in a Ziploc Bag Box (for the big bags)
Uncommons, Rares, Trainers, and Rev Holos all seperated in one tin (just barely fits all of them)
Lv.Xes and Secret Rares in one of those 10-sleeve things.

I organize most of my Pokemon by set and then number in a large binder, but keep my Lv. X, promo, and other more desirable Pokemon cards in a separate four-sleeve binder. I keep all of my Trainer/Energy cards in tins, and as sets get older, I put away the cards in empty booster boxes and set them aside. Since there are so many Modified sets, I've had to remove the common/uncommon cards from my binder so that it doesn't explode.

I don't use binders at all.

I just have boxes of Pokemon sorted by types.

Then I have a smaller box for trainers and energies.
trainers/stadium are organized from offensive, draw, search, recycle, stadiums, fossils, etc.

I have a box with all my pokemon stuff: Damage counters, mats, coins, deck. I have a smaller box with all my cards not in a deck. Don't have any binders, but I want some!

Back