Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

South Stadium (judge's POV)

well i figured that this would kinda be a new thing to see since i kinda promised MEG45 that i'd judge the whole thing......

and for all of the compliments on how well it was run, i appreciate it but the trip itself was the more adventureous time than the whole tourney was......

ok first off, not to offend anyone, but I WILL NOT GO THROUGH OKLAHOMA EVER AGAIN!!!!

ok, well me and megamurkrow (matt) spent the night at Psyduck's house thursday night and woke up at 5:00 the next morning.... problem being that we went to bed at 2:30, so not much sleep, we drive down and meet up with the rest of the STL convoy clan (meg45, nikepk, swanton, scep+, furiouszangoose, along with meg's wife and kids)....... so after some breakfast, we head off for the great state of texas......

Well i somehow or another get us lost, which only sets the tone for the rest of the trip..........

4 hours go by without a hitch, AND THEN we enter oklahoma...... i thought that things were looking up when we enter the world's largest mcdonalds and we get some mini mugs with simpsons icons on them........ i get the one that everyone wanted (ralph, eating paste!! lol), but we get back to the cars and realize that it's about to start pouring rain, so we hop in and restart the truckin'..........

soon after, it starts raining, and that's when everything hit the fan.........

1st- psyduck's vents start spraying a mist and leaking water under the console, which suggests that he's out of freon, which isn't good :(

2nd- meg's windshield wiper comes loose, so he's driving blind for 16 miles to the NEXT exit!!!! :confused: how is that possible to not have one sooner???

3rd- 2 TOLLBOOTHS!!!!! WHAT IS THAT???? lol

4th- it rains the whole time in OK!!!!! but the horizon was close to the TX state border........

5th- on the way home, meg's speedometer breaks!!!!!!

so as u see, things didn't go so well in oklahoma...... :lol:

ok, we finally get there and we are treated to a dinner at a nice restaurant, and whoo, was it good!!!!!

next, we get back to the hotel and swim for a while and crash at like 2:30 a.m.

--The day of the tourney!!!
well we get set up and get registration started...... i was HJ for 15+ and it was, of course, the largest group

before the tourney, i talked to the STL players and reminded them that i would be just as strict, if not more on them, and wouldn't show leniency, which i am sure that they already knew (thankfully i didn't need to enforce that)

finally the tourney begins and pairings are posted, unfortunately the tables were assigned 1-27, but the markers were numbered 53-80 :confused: so this took a while to straighten up

since i didn't play, i don't really have to say much about the tourney except for the fact that i was happy to see some rogue decks, but saw a ton of rambo decks.....

in the end, Denise Barlock won the whole thing and Robert Eguia took second.....

nikepk took fourth and due to drop downs, won a trip to worlds :clap: :clap: :clap:

we finish up our side tourneys, talk with one another and head back to the hotel for a late night draft.....

in the end, i went to my room, came back down too late, so i played psyduck in a normal battle, and lost :(

we finally got to bed at about 2:30 a.m. (anybody else noticing a pattern here? lol)

after a long haul back to STL, i sit here typing, sorry for being rather vague about the whole tourney, but i couldn't recall much, lol

MAD PROPS!!!!!!
-MEG45 and MPB for running one of the best tourneys that i've ever been to or been a part of :clap:
-Dave Schwimmer (by far one of the greatest guys that i have ever met) and for trusting us to run this :clap:
-MY judging staff (banginbox and the rest (sorry, can't remember names))
-STL convoy clan for not attempting to take advantage of me being friends with them
-Will Hung for showing the class that he did with that entire fiasco there
-all the players (i hope u had as much fun there as the judges did)
-all the people that i met down there (patriarch, spectreon, jesus, and the rest)
-hot tub spas (mmmmm, i want one!!!)
-ralph wiggumm (just cause)
-and the arlington convention center
-MM's g/f for making us cookies when we met her in OKC

MAD SLOPS!!!!!
-the fact that it cost each vehicle $14.00 for all of our stuff to break down in OK, lol
-11 hour drives!!! lol

MAD SLOPS: THE temperature of the room was -20000 degrees!!!!

lol, other than that, I loved the event. you judges did great and the entire tourney was run perfectly. Thanks for hosting such an awesome event guys.

Hey hey

-MM's g/f for making us cookies when we met her in OKC
-Got that right, those are the only things that kept me conscious for the final stretch. Whenever I was about to fall asleep, I shoved a cookie in my mouth to keep me busy... and filled with sugar.

But Scotty... I cannot believe you actually wrote a tourney report before you went to bed. You're nuts, and obviously your shift doesn't start early enough, you bum ;)

-Matty T

Last edited:
HEY! WAIT A SECOND!!!

I DID NOT GET ANY COOKIES!!!

YES, I AM YELLING!!!

M45

MAD, MAD SLOPS TO WITHHOLDING COOKIES FROM MEGANIUM45

:p :rolleyes: :D

Great job matty, scott and chaddy....now we need to get someone kendlicious back into the mix...

M45

BPB... Didn't know that was you.. I played Denise in Top 8 and gave it to her even after she koed my Chic.. You did a Great job in our Age group.... Sorry I lost...;)

Anyways.. all the Judges were Phenomenal!! A++ to all EWES Guys!

Next time.. New Mexico! ROFL

Don't worry M45!

Ah Vince, you missed out on the cookie action cause you were still in that gas station when I was handing them out. But worry not, I still have plenty left and I will save some for you! Don't forget I work very close to you during the day.

Peace.

that sux having all thiose problems caused in oklahoma. I am happy you got to texas safe ad had a great tournament. Hope to see ya at worlds. I didnet yet win the invite but win or lose ill be there.

Ya, GO OKLAHOMA!!!
YAY!!!!
WE AREn'T BORING CUZ WE HAVE TORNADOES!!!
YAY!!!
BTW, hope your windshield wipers are okay.
Those sissies.
They couldn't even take the Oklahoma weather.
That is the true windshield wiper test.
Don't worry, I'm sure that they are in a much better place now...*sob*
WAIT A SEC!!!
YOU MET JESUS????

AHHH SO MANY POSTS!!!!

Pat- u need to eat boy, i was plenty comfortable!!! lol

blaze- count on it ;)

matty- i know i know, but while gettin in, i woke the kiddo up, so i just kinda entertained him while typin

vince- yeah, u all took forever in that gas station, and then u all dissappeared shortly thereafter

Meches- yep it was me, do i live up to my SN? and i was kinda dissappointed that u didn't wait to see how that burn was gonna go, but it was ur choice. :)

whicker- YEAH TORNADOES, D'OH my house is gone.......... BOOO TORNADOES, ROFL

sharky- ditto to u too, lol

FF- same boat ur in, see u there

Holy crap...NO HE DID NOT!!

I almost threw up in Jesus' (NM Scizor, smart one =P) face while we were debating the ID system. $5 dollar crap burgers are THICK X_X

Last edited:
Oh, LOL
Well, I can't tell it's spanish when you type it.
Anyway, that would be impossible.
EVERYONE knows that I am actually Jesus.

Yeah.. I prolly shoulda waited to do it, but she had more setup in here hand and I had squat.. Oh well.. Next time smack me in the back of the head or something!! GRINDER it is!! And you do live up to your SN!! Great Job!

Last edited:
Back