Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Special Energies

Todd Ingram

Special Grass Energy
This Energy provides:grass: Energy. If the Pokemon this card is attached to is :grass: type, the Pokemon this card is attached to may evolve the turn it is played.

Special Fire Energy
This Energy provides:fire: Energy. If the Pokemon this card is attached to is :fire: type, remove 1 damage counter from the Pokemon this card is attached to whenever you attach an Energy card from your hand to the Pokemon this card is attached to.
Special Water Energy
This Energy provides :water:Energy. If the Pokemon this card is attached to is :water: type, the Pokemon this card is attached to cannot be Poisoned or Burned.

Special Lightning Energy
This Energy provides:lightning: Energy. If the Pokemon this card is attached to is :lightning: type and is damaged by an attack from your opponent's Pokemon, put 1 damage counter on any Pokemon in play (either yours or your opponents)

Special Fighting Energy
This Energy provides:fighting: Energy. If the Pokemon this card is attached to is :fighting: type, any damage caused by an attack from one of your Pokemon that does not have an effect is increased by 20(before applying Weakness and Resistance

Special Psychic Energy
This Energy provides :psychic: Energy. If the Pokemon this card is attached to is :psychic: type, once per turn, you may move 1 damage counter from one of your Pokemon to one of your opponent's Pokemon.

Swamp Energy
This card provides :water: and :grass: Energy, but only 1 Energy at a time. This Pokemon's Resistance is now :fire:-30. (You still apply the old Weakness.)

Magnet Energy
This card provides :lightning: and :metal: Energy, but only one Energy at a time. Once per turn, (before your attack), you may search your deck for a :lightning: or :metal: Energy (either Special or Basic) and attach it to this Pokemon. If you do, put 2 damage counters on this Pokemon.

Ivy Energy
This card provides :grass: and :psychic: Energy, but only 1 Energy at a time. The Pokemon this card is attached to is now Poisoned. If any damage counters are placed on this Pokemon between turns, put the damage on the Defending Pokemon instead.

Rainstorm Energy
This card provides :water: and :lightning: Energy, but only 1 Energy at a time. Whenever your opponent has to flip a coin in between turns, have your opponent flip two coins instead. If either one is tails, the effect activates as if your opponent had flipped 1 tails. (You can't flip more than 2 coins in this way.)

Arcane Energy
This Energy provides :psychic: and :dark: Energy, but only 1 Energy at a time. At any point during your opponent's turn, when damage counters are placed or damage is done to one or more of your Benched Pokemon, you may flip a number of coins equal to the number of your Benched Pokemon that were damaged. For each heads, put 1 damage counter on the Defending Pokemon. For each tails, shuffle 1 card into your deck. (If you don't have enough cards in your hand to discard, discard the cards from the top of your deck instead.)

Miracle Energy
This Energy provides :colorless: type. If you have more Prize Cards left than your opponent and the Pokemon this card is attached to has 2 or more damage counters on it, this Energy provides :colorless: Energy plus 1 Energy that matches the type of the Pokemon this card is attached to.

Cursed Energy

This Energy provides :colorless: Energy. All damage done to the Pokemon this card is attached to(excluding LV. X) is reduced by 30 (before applying Weakness and Resistance). All damage done by this Pokemon (excluding LV. X) is increased by 30 (before applying Weakness and Resistance.) The Pokemon this card is attatched to(excluding LV. X) has -10 HP. When this Pokemon is Knocked out, put all cards attached to this Pokemon in the LOst Zone and add this Pokemon to your Prize Cards. (Any Basics or Stage 1 Pokemon attached to this Pokemon are also sent to the Lost Zone) (Your opponent still takes a prize card.) If the Pokemon this card is attached to already has any Special Energy attached to it, this card only provides :colorless: Energy.

Last edited:
I think these are a really good idea. But I do have a problem with the Cursed Energy. It's effect is less than an Expert Belt, but it has, in my way worse consequences. I would either make it have a better positive, or a less harmful negative. Or maybe do both, and make another card! ^_^

Much better. I'm not sure about the wording... but as for what they do, I like them. A good idea too... I had kinda been wondering why those types didn't have any specials like dark has. They are still kind of unbalanced though. For example, Darkness Energy (sp) simply adds 10 to the attack if it is attached to a dark type, while the Fighting one you have does the same thing, but ONLY with attacks that don't have effects. That's the worst balancing issue that I see.

Cursed Energy is way, way, way too powerful. Way. That Pokemon will never be KO'd with 4 of them attached, and will be doing a minimum of 130 damage with it's attacks. 130 is for an attack with a base damage of 10. Take, say, Kingdra with a base of 60? That's 180. Way too powerful.

Also, the way it's worded, a S2 LvX would add 4 Prize cards - The basic, S1, S2, and the LvX. Since a common theme of Cursed things is that you can't get rid of them, wouldn't it make more sense for the Cursed Energy to be added to the prize cards?

Also, there is no need for the "This doesn't count as a basic X card". It's special. It's not basic. It already doesn't count.

I'm talking about Poison, but instead of Poison damage being done to your Poke, it gets done to the opponent. Plus, it would COMPLETELY screw a Drapion LV. X Deck.

I'm talking about Poison, but instead of Poison damage being done to your Poke, it gets done to the opponent. Plus, it would COMPLETELY screw a Drapion LV. X Deck.

Poison wouldn't take effect, as it has to do damage, but Poison places damage counters. Hope this helps :thumb:!

Back