Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Spectreons, New Adventure... Now up, Chptr 6!!!!

Spectreon

Wow, after seeing my previous fan fic had more veiws and post than any other, I decided I would start up a new story. After being offline for a couple months, I had a little time to think up a new story line to run with, envolving the lead character from my last fic, Mitch.... Now without further delay.....

Chapter 1

Mitch stood looking over the horizon at a new land. North America. Little was known of this country back in the Japanese Regions. With new rules, new Pokemon, a new adventure was about to begin. After hearing of his defeat of Jordan, and Phil’s rise to power, Mitch was asked by Professor Oak to journey to the US, which was believed to be Team Rockets next conquest. He was to enter the North American Poke League as a guise to see if he could locate and get info on Team Rocket. He gladly accepted the mission, especially since whether he was successful or not he would be well rewarded.

He had just arrived in New York City, New York. The boat trip had been long and tiresome, but he had met some interesting people along the way. He was on his way to register for the North American Pokemon League, which was done at Professor Willow’s laboratory just outside of the City. He easily located her lab, seeing as how it was the largest lab ever built, next to Professor Oak’s that is. He rang the door bell, and a young girl answered the door. She sweetly asked, “Yes, what can I do for you today?”

“I am here to see Professor Willow, and register for the North American league.” Mitch stated. “Oak sent me…”

“You must be Mitch. Hi, my name is Kendra. I am here learning from Professor Willow so I can become a professor myself some day. Come on in, follow me.” The two walked down the long corridor, passing several classrooms and laboratories all dedicated to the study of Pokemon. They finally reached the room at the end of the hall, and entered it. It was humongous. It had shelves of Pokeballs, a Poke-Center station, a massive computer, and all kinds of interesting Pokemon items. The whole back wall was made of glass, a window out into the open field were figuratively hundreds of Pokemon were roaming around in multiple environments. “Wait here Mitch, I will go get her” Kendra said as she left out the glass door along the back wall, and walked of into an area that Mitch could only assume was made to suit desert Pokemon.

Minutes later Kendra and who Mitch assumed was Professor Willow came in “You must be Mitch; I have heard a lot of great things about you from Professor Oak. Allow me to introduce my self, I am Professor Willow. You would be proud to know he speaks very highly of you.” She walked over to the enormous computer and started typing in commands on the keyboard. “Now if you don’t mind, let me see your Pokedex that Oak gave you, I will need it so you can be registered for our league” Mitch handed over the newly acquired Pokedex Oak gave him before departing. She took it and loaded into a slot on the computers console. Within seconds it was done, and Willow handed it back.

“Now for a run down of our league. Beginners here get to choose two from the following, Squirtle, Totadile, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Bulbasuar and Treeko, but not 2 of the same type. Now obviously you are not a beginner, so you will not be offered any of these. Gym battles here are done in the two on two battling style, with dozens of gyms scattered throughout the country. Each gym match is a four on four match. You must earn twelve badges or more in order to participate in the finals, which will be held in Ohio this year. The nearest Gym from here is the one in New York City, run by Samantha. Defeating here will earn you the Insomnia Badge. Feel free to contact me if you ever need anything. I have added my number to your Pokedex’s cell phone list. Now if you don’t mind, I have a lot to do, this place doesn’t run itself. Kendra, would you see to it that Mitch is well geared up for his newest adventure, thank you. So long Mitch, best of luck.” And with that Professor Willow walked out of the room, and went back about her business.

“She seems pretty busy.” Mitch said without thinking. “So now what…?”

“Follow me to the provisions room, and we will make sure you are packed well for your long journey.” Kendra said. They went on to the provisions room, and Kendra used her key card to get in. “Take anything you want, we have pretty much everything you could ever need. Items to increase your Pokemon’s strength and abilities, Pokeballs, heal items, you name it.” Mitch went through and gathered various items he thought he might need. Once done, he went back to where Kendra was standing. “Last but not least, take this.” She handed him a small envelope and a guide book. “Inside that envelope you will find some scratch money, and a travel ticket. Present that ticket at any bus station, train depot, or airport, and it will allow you to travel anywhere you want for free. Use it as much or as little as you see fit. Now if you have everything, you should get heading out. It’s late, you should probably find a place to shack up for the night, and begin your new quest tomorrow. Best of luck to you Mitch” she said as she walked him back to the main door.

Mitch headed off, and found a suitable cheap hotel to stay in, and prepared for the next day. He stayed up late reading through the guide book on battling rules, and prepared for his match the next day before going to bed. With all his excitement, he was surprised he was actually able to sleep.

Last edited:
Chapter 2

After a goodnight sleep, Mitch felt as if he was ready for anything. He ordered room service for breakfast, and was off in search of the Gym. Spectrum followed close behind as they walked the city streets of New York, trying to find the gym. The city was huge, larger than Mitch could have ever imagined. It took him all morning and half the afternoon to finally find his way there. The gym was enormous. It was 10 stories high, and took up the whole block. Two guards stood in front of the 12 foot arching doors, asking him to state his business.

“I am Mitch from Rainbow Town.” Mitch clamored, intimidated by the sheer size of the two guards. “I wish to challenge Samantha to a gym Match, and earn an Insomnia Badge.” He said with a bit more confidence.

“Very well” stated the guard on the left. “Enter.” The two guards opened the massive doors, and held them open, allowing him to enter. As he entered, the guard announced him. “MITCH FROM RAINBOW TOWN!!!” his voice boomed.

A young female trainer was running out the door crying, holding her Pokeballs and running towards the Pokemon Center. “You’ll be okay guys, I’ll get you there in no time” she said as she blew past Mitch.

“Welcome Mitch from Rainbow Town, I have been expecting you.” came a sweet sounding voice from a trainer hiding in the shadow at the other end of the building. “I hope you prove to be more of a match than she was. I am Samantha, New York City Gym leader.” As she introduced her self the lights flashed on, so bright they blinded Mitch. The room was unbelievable. It had to been the biggest stadium Mitch had ever seen. There were large stands that would hold at least thirty thousand people. The battle arena was larger than a football field, and the roof retracted allowing for even more room to maneuver over head. Samantha was gorgeous. “This will be a 4 Pokemon double match, the battle will begin once you release your first 2 Pokemon. Vigaroth, Bannette I choose you.” And with that, she was ready to begin.

“Alright Spectrum your up, and I also choose you, Tuffy.” Mitch released a Pokeball containing a Jigglypuff he recently acquired before heading to the states. It was a gift from Whitney of the Goldenrod Gym, one that she had raised since it was an Igglybuff. “Tuffy use your lullaby to put Vigaroth and Bannette to sleep.” Tuffy obeyed and aimed its Sing attack right at them, but Vigaroth and Bannette just plowed through it without any effect.

“Don’t you get it Mitch, all of my Pokemon have the ability to not fall asleep. That cheap trick wont work here. Vigoroth, Crush Claw that Jigglypuff, Bannette, use your Mean Look.” Samantha ordered. Bannette’s Mean Look hit first, crippling Mitch’s chances of recalling it, while Crush Claw hit with such ferociousness that it sent Tuffy flying. Spectrum responded with a Shadow Ball directed at Bannette, but Vigaroth blocked it, negating all the damage it would have done. “That wont work either, Mitch. Vigoroth cancels out any ghost move you would use on Bannette, while Bannette cancels any fighting moves you would use on Vigaroth. They cover each other well, don’t they?” she said.

None of Mitch’s Normal type attacks would work either, Tuffy tried a Double Slap on Vigaroth, but Bannette intercepted that as well. Mitch was quickly running out of options, and Tuffy wasn’t good at head to head battling. He would have to devise another strategy. Vigaroth came in to use another Crush Claw against Jigglypuff, and Mitch got an idea. “Spectrum, block that Crush Claw.” Spectreon took the attack, which did nothing since it was a ghost type too. “Two can play at this game” Mitch said. “Tuffy use Double Edge on Vigaroth, now!”. Mitch had a plan that just might work. Jigglypuff went into a full fledge Double Edge as Bannette went to block it. “Spectrum, NOW!” just as Bannette intercepted the Double Edge, it was hit head on by Spectreon’s Shadow Ball, and with that, Bannette was down, and its Mean Look effect on Jigglypuff was too.

The judge called out “Bannette is unable to battle” and waved his flag.

“Very good strategy Mitch, I am impressed.” Both Jigglypuff and Bannette were recalled, and Samantha sent out Hypno, while Mitch sent out Loudred. “Hypno, use your Hypnosis to put them to sleep” Samantha called, and Hypno started swinging the pendulum it held.

But Mitch was ready for that, “Silencer, use Up Roar.” And Loudred started crying loudly, keeping both it and Spectrum awake. “As long as my Loudred keeps using Up Roar, your sleep attacks wont work either Samantha. Now Spectrum, blind them both with a Sand Attack.” Spectreon sent a Sand attack flying up at its opponents, causing both of them to rub their eyes to get the sand out. “Hyper Voice, Silencer” and Silencer let out an excruciating yell. Luckily Mitch still had his ear plugs, but even they weren’t strong enough to stop Mitch from hearing the loud noise. Samantha was covering her ears, as a look of pain crossed her face. Mitch Wouldn’t let up and had Spectrum fire a Hyper Beam at Vigaroth as it went down too.

“Vigoroth is unable to battle” the judge said, again waving his flag.

“That’s it, I choose Murkrow. Use your Feint Attack on Spectreon.” And with that Murkrow unleashed a devastating attack that caused Spectrum to be knocked out.

“Spectreon is unable to battle.”

“You did great Spectrum, thanks. Now Tuffy, come back out.” Mitch hoped it had had enough time to recover some from the damage it took earlier, but he still had another Pokemon left if not. “Tuffy, use your Ice Beam on Murkrow. Silencer, use Stomp on Hypno.” Hypno flinched from Loudreds Stomp attack, but Murkrow easily dodged Ice Beam with an Aerial Ace, then hit Tuffy head on with a Wing Attack.

“Jigglypuff is unable to battle”

Mitch’s gamble didn’t work, Tuffy was to badly damaged, and he only had one Pokemon left. “Go Bruce.” Mitch threw the Pokeball holding his Golbat, since it was his only flying Pokemon.

“Murkrow, Perish Song.” Murkrow started to caw its enchanting song. “You now have three minutes to finish this battle Mitch. Perish Song will automatically knock out all 4 of our Pokemon, and unless you have at least one Pokemon standing you lose.” A giant timer came on and started to count down on the wall behind Samantha, signaling the end of her Murkrows Perish song.

Mitch wasn’t worried, he had a plan. “Silencer, Bruce, use Protect to dodge her next attacks” Both of his Pokemon easily dodged the Feint Attack and Psychic attack unleashed by Samantha’s Pokemon as the clock winded down past the two minute mark. “Bruce, use Poison Fang on Murkrow, Silencer use Stomp again.” Both Murkrow and Hypno now used Protect, and easily dodged Mitch’s attacks. One minute left now, and this match would be over. Still Mitch seemed un-phased.

“This match is over, you fought well Mitch, but unless by some miracle you can knock out both my Pokemon in forty-five seconds, you lose” Samantha gloated. “It might mean fainting my own Pokemon, but a win is a win.”

“You seem awfully sure of yourself for someone who just lost Samantha, both of you use Protect again.” Both Silencer and Bruce used Protect again, easily dodging the attacks that Hypno and Murkrow let out. The timer ticked the final seconds, and Hypno fell over unconscious. Then Murkrow and Golbat fell from the sky, hitting the ground hard. Only Silencer remained standing, crying out triumphantly.

“But how, that’s impossible? Why is your Loudred still standing?” Samantha sat there with a puzzled look on her face.

“It’s Loudred’s ability, Sound Proof. It prevents all effects from sound based attacks, including Perish Song. So while everyone else fainted, Loudred was perfectly fine.” Mitch stated.

“That was a very hard fought battle Mitch, you deserve this. The way you stayed calm under pressure, and didn’t let up, I was clearly out matched. I obviously still have a lot to learn.” Samantha said as she handed him his first badge. “Congratulations and good luck. And with that, Mitch accepted the badge, and was off to his next adventure.

Chapter 3

After an exciting win in New York, Mitch decided to head south. He hadn’t heard or seen anything suspicious about Team Rocket yet, but he was definitely having fun. He opted not to be a Pokemon trainer along time ago, but this was so exciting. He knew it was just a cover so he could get to America and snoop on Team Rocket, but he really wanted to see just how far he could go. He took a bus down to North Carolina. There was a long stretch of beach there similar to Kanto’s and Hoenn’s Safari Zone, where you could pay to catch as many Pokemon as you could. They gave you a dozen Pokeballs. Ironically called Beach Balls that looked every bit the part, they actually looked like Pokeball sized beach balls. Mitch thought this might be a good place to investigate, since Team Rocket was known to repeatedly try and steal Pokemon from Kanto’s Safari Zone. Plus it gave him the chance to catch a new Pokemon or two.

There were people everywhere. From kids, to adults, men and women, this place was obviously quite popular. A lot of people where along the shores and peers, fishing for underwater Pokemon, while others where scrounging around looking Pokemon like Staryu and Krabby. Others didn’t seem interested in Pokemon at all, just out laying on the beach, catching rays, or playing and running around. Mitch decided to wander around, keep his ears peeled, and asked around to see what, if any, info he could find out.

After hours of wandering around, he still was no closer. He decided to head to the PokemonCenter on the beach, to check his emails, and to report his progress to Oak. He had received no new emails from Oak, just some junk mail, and a letter from Emma, simply stating hi and she missed him. After replying back and E-mailing Oak, he decided to try his luck on the beach and see if he could catch anything. He was unsuccessful at catching a Starmie and a Corpish he found while wondering the beach, so he decided to try his hand at fishing.

He sat at the end of a long peer for over an hour before he got his first bite. It was a Horsea, and he decided to let it go since he already had a Seadra. He repositioned his rod and reel, and cast it back into the ocean. Roughly fifteen minutes later he had another bite. This time it was a Carvanah. He decided to try his luck again. He decided to throw some bait to distract it while he threw his Beach Ball at it. It worked, after a few shakes, the Beach Ball finally dinged, signaling it had caught the Carvanah. Mitch was excited. He had always thought Carvanah and its evolution, Sharpedo, where cool Pokemon, but weren’t really native to Kanto where he grew up. It wouldn’t be extremely helpful to him, being an aquatic Pokemon, but still. He decided to name him Smoothie. An ironic name, considering its Rough Skin was harsh to the touch.

He spent the rest of the day taking care of and playing with his new friend, and was soon able to pet it without getting hurt. Carvanah seemed to be very mischievous and playful. Mitch decided to allow Petey to go to Oak’s Laboratory so he could keep Smoothie with him for now. With his next upcoming gym match, Mitch was likely going to need him. He also sent back his Golbat, Bruce, to get Fin, his Seadra. Mitch was excited about his next gym match, an under water gym match in Myrtle Beach.

The name of the beach was intentially left blank because I have no clue what beach I actually want to use, when I get the 4th Chapter written it will have been decided, and the blank filled in.

Though this looks like a lame attempt to up my post count, I figured it would be easier to read if each chapter was in a different post.... Enjoy the first 3 chapters, and let me know what you think......

Last edited:
No you didnt loose me, I just have a lot of personal stuff going on in my life right now... I plan to have the next chapter up within the next hour or so, prolly while most of you still sleep.

Most of the characters in my stories are fictitous, with real peoples names. The characters generally don't have anything to do with there real life counter parts, just their names. Only a handfull of names here are actually made up... Samantha in this case happens to be my oldest daughter (5 in Sept). Jordan Alexander is my son (just turned 3) and Ruth Emily is my youngest daughter (2 in Nov). Phil is the infamous POINKO of these boards and of Pokemon Zeo fame.

Ancient Pokemon Trainer, feel free to check out my old one then. It was pretty well recieved, and not to shabby if I say so myself. There is a link to it in my siggy.....

brb with chapter 4.....

Chapter 4

‘Welcome to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, home of the Aquatic Gym’ read the sign Mitch was now staring at. This trip was starting to become a lot of fun. He had already earned one badge in America, and was about to earn his second. Still no word on Team Rocket or on their leader, Phil. “Well, maybe I find some news on them here” Mitch thought to himself.

This was obviously a resort town. Everywhere Mitch looked he could see tourist, attractions, and gaudy souvenir stands. He knew the gym was somewhere along the beach, so he decided to just walk along the cost line until he found it. It didn’t take to long to spot it, a humongous building, larger than any gym Mitch had ever seen. When he got to the door though, much to his disappointment, he noticed a sign stating they were closed. “Oh well, might as well go check into the hotel then.” Mitch muttered.

“Hello, and welcome to the Myrtle Beach Coastline Resort. My name is Devon, how may I help you?” said the clerk standing behind the service desk.

“Yes, my name is Mitch, and I have a reservation here at this hotel. I called to confirm it yesterday, room 112.” Mitch dug around in his back pack and pulled out the reservation receipt and handed it to the desk clerk.

“Ah yes Mitch, room 112.” He said, checking the computer. “Here is your room key, is there anything else I can help you with?”

“Actually, yes, can you tell me when the Gym leader might reopen the gym, because I am really interested in challenging him for a badge?” Mitch inquired.

“I haven’t the foggiest. It should be open right now as a matter of a fact, but I over heard some other trainers talking about it being closed for some reason. Very odd if you ask me, Pollie rarely ever closes his gym. I am sure he has a good reason for it though. I can ring your room the moment I learn it is open if you like.” Devon said.

“Yeah, go ahead and do that. Thanks.” And with that, Mitch walked up to his room, and began to unpack. He decided to check his email while he waited. He had received an email from Emma, stating she was visiting relatives down in Florida. ‘Maybe I can catch her down there before she leaves.’ Mitch thought to himself. There was also an email titled ‘Warning’ from Kendra. He opened it immediately and began to read.

“Unfortunately I only have bad news. It seems Team Rocket is in Myrtle Beach, and is aware of your presence there as well. Professor Willow is unsure of whether or not Phil is there or not, but watch your back and be careful. Talk at ya later

Kenny

‘Well I refuse to be a sitting duck’ Mitch thought to himself. He grabbed his Pokeballs off the dresser where he had laid them down, and rushed out the door and down the stairs. He jetted past Devon and hollered he would be back later on, and bumped into some poor tourist on his way out the door. He stopped, apologizing for bumping into him, and then began to run down the street.

After hours of looking around the city, keeping his eyes out for anything or anyone suspicious or out of the ordinary, he decided he was hungry. He stopped at a local restaurant called the Burger Shack. He kept surveying the streets outside the window, when this girl across the street caught his eye. It was the second time he had caught her staring in this direction, and she quickly looked away. She couldn’t have been more than 16. He quickly finished, asking the waitress if there was a back way out. She pointed to the back door, and Mitch decided to take it. It led into an alleyway, one direction leading back to the front of the store, the other turning to the left a little ways down. The front of the store was out of the question, knowing that someone was watching for him to leave out that way. He decided to follow the alleyway, maybe he could surprise them. He rounded the corner, only to realize that this alley didn’t lead anywhere. Three large buildings came together, leaving no exit out of the alley. He tried the doors to the buildings, but unfortunately they were all locked. There was a large stack of boxes, so Mitch decided to hide behind them while he figured out a plan. He grabbed for his Loudred’s Pokeball when he heard a noise from the other end of the alley way. He saw from a short distance, a male and the same female from across the street of the Burger Shack intensely looking around every corner of the alleyway.

“We know you are in here Mitch” shouted the girl. “You might as well surrender now, there is no escaping Team Rocket. Come out now you coward.” Both of them had called out their Pokemon. She had a Beedrill, he had a Dustox. Both were swarming around, helping with the search.

Mitch waited until they were right on top of him, and then pushed the boxes over, causing them to fall on top of the Rocket members. “Silencer, I choose you!” he said, letting his Loudred’s Pokeball fly. “Screech attack!” Silencer let loose a tremendous Screech, causing the already stunned Rocket members to grab their ears in pain. Mitch took the opportunity to make a run for it, recalling Silencer to his ball. Mitch rounded the corner of the alleyway, and was almost at the end when he looked back to see if they were behind him. ‘WHACK!’ Mitch had run into something. He looked up and there stood a Golduck, and its trainer behind him, a tall young looking man with a deep tan. At first Mitch reached for a Pokeball, thinking him another Team Rocket, but realized his eyes were fixed down the alleyway towards his pursuers.

“Golduck, Psychic now!” said the trainer. The red jewel on its head began to glow, and its powerful attack caused Mitch’s foes to freeze in their tracks. “Now use Hydro Pump Golduck”. It let out a powerful jet of water from its mouth, effectively blowing back the male Rocket member, and the Dustox and Beedrill, knocking all three unconscious. The female Rocket member stood there, unable to move while the Golduck held her motionless with his Psychic attack still. “Now use your Hypnosis on her.” Mitch was unsure why this guy was helping him out, but he was never the less grateful that he was. “Now young lady, tell me everything I need to know…”

Moments later back inside the Burger Shack, Mitch and the stranger sat down in a corner booth, away from the windows. “Thanks for the help, but who are you anyways?” Mitch asked.

“I am Pollie, Myrtle Beach gym leader. And you are Mitch. I understand you went by my gym earlier looking for a match. Sorry about that, I was out looking for Team Rocket. After hearing from Professor Willow they were in town, I shut my gym down to look for them. She also mentioned you would be here soon, and to keep an eye out for you. Never figured I would find you and them all at the same time. Unfortunately your match will have to wait, now that we know where Team Rockets base is we will attack them, before their goons wake up and can alert them to our presence. Come on lets go…” he said, and with that, Mitch and Pollie where out the door and off to find Team Rocket.

Well, there ya go... hopefully that will wet your whistle for a little while. I will get to working on the next chapter ASAP, but no gauruntees when that will be... just be patient, good things come to those who wait...

Yah that was rude.Just because people don't read your topic doesn't meen you can tell someone to in some one elses.Think about how I felt with Shining Kabutops rises to Hoeen.25 views...Anyways when wiklll the next one be Spec?

Unfortunately the next one will likely be soon. I will have a lot of extra free time on my hands, and what I do with that free time next week will depend on if I have time for this or not. I have a lot on my platter right now, and will get this story dished out as fast as I can. I have a pretty good story line worked out, plus at least a dozen gyms (which are mostly thought out as of now, like 10/12). Its all a waiting game.... just be patient, if you like what I have written so far, the rest promises to be just as good (I hope). Thanx for all the support I have gotten so far, I will get the next chapter up ASAP.

I know I'm bringing up a year and a half old topic, but please do not lock... I would like to continue my story from where I left off. I'm currently digging up the old info I had and recreating what I cant find. I'd like to keep the whole story in one topic, thanx

Back