Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speed Donkfest Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Well yeah, this deck, is well my favourite yet most epic deck I have ever played or encountered in my 4 years of playing - especially at league and other kind of casual play. Hahaha.

The concept was thought of by no other than someone who T4'd a States not long ago by I think, a Mr. Rob Downs. It may be weird at first but lol, it best to try out that epic deck. Hahaha.

My good friend, Sam built that deck and took it to my place to test the night before my first States of this season, he surprised the fun outta my group of 4 people and yet it was fun - AND two of them took that deck to States finished T8 (I'm not one of them hahaha). Fun, fun times.

So yeah, it used to be a 4 Uxie, 4 Crobat build but now It have evolved a bit over the time and by the time AoA would be released, it would be one heck of an epic donkage for that time and it would be interesting to see how much topcut spaces it would raid by donking against this crazy, heavily varied format full of Stage 2's and SP.

Without further mumbo jumbo, here's the decklist.

3 Uxie LA
1 Uxie Lv.X
4 Crobat G
2 Shuppet PT
1 Banette PT
=11

4 Roseanne Research (Search)
4 Poke Ball (Search)
4 Quick Ball (Search)
1 Luxury Ball (Search)
2 Energy Search (Search)
4 Pokedex Handy 910is (Draw)
4 Pokedrawer+ (Draw)
4 Pokeblower+ (Disrupt)
4 Pluspower (Disrupt)
2 Warp Point (Disrupt)
4 Super Scoop Up (Recover)
4 Poketurn (Recover)
2 Night Maintenance (Recover)
2 Galactic HQ (Stadium)
=45

4 Psychic
=4

The Strategy is well... Donk, donk, donk with the massive usage of Pluspowers and Crobat drops (with cards such as Pokeblower+, Poketurn and SSU).

Before you may ask and laugh at the energy count. 4 is not a joke, PERIOD.

And in all seriously, why a lone Banette is doing here in the deck? It's your Mewtwo counter, since you need an Evolution pokemon to get around that annoying PokeBody...

The deck have 5 great quick donkers that do big damage early on - 3 Uxies and 2 Shuppets. This is also prevent the chances of massive mulligans.

So yeah, the deck could use some massive boost when the new set comes out, such as Night Teleporter from Pulse of the Frontiers, and Expert Belt from Advent of Arceus which would seriously turn this deck into an even powerful smackdown deck.

However, this deck would have some serious issues, which would be Mr Mime MT, and Spiritomb AoA. You wonder how it would take it out? Just pry on Crobat drops for Mr.Mime, and keep on spamming Uxies and hoping for great Crobat drops (and some Roseanne topdecks) to prevent the deck from crippling so bad.

In addition, this massive speed donkfest deck could use some other boost cards such as:
Skuntank, it would acts like an extra Pluspower and Poison would never affect any of your Pokemon, since most of the time you would disappear from the playfield. A major drawside that this Pokemon need some Stadium to have the PokePower to full use.

Volker's Philosphy is great for this deck, since it can refresh your hand and discard a dead card (usually an Energy or something) to keep you going strong.

So yeah, this deck would be so massive epic when AoA hit the shelves here in the English speaking countries... And it would be definitely my main deck choice for my first Cities of the season...

Also there are other viable options like, Mr.Mime MT + Unown Q which can process the stall and hit ability... While Electrode SF can hoping to stall and opponent to spread out damage counters thus possibly paralyse for a next turn or something.

Starmie, Honchkrow and Underground Expedition are other nice cards for the deck...

So yeahhh... =D

Last edited:
Bahahaha, this is awesome. I wanna run uxie donk, it sounds like a fun deck :]

Side note: I also wanna try Claydol swarm.

Great job jason on the deck

seems a lot better than regular uxie crobat

good work cause i cant see any reason to change anything lol

Haha, I remember getting donked by Downs with this deck.
I think a good addition to this deck that could make it good even late game is Mr. Mime MT with unown q. You would have to use shuppet late game to bring back all the ppower- and you just promote the mime slowing down their setup, and free retreat next turn for shuppet again.

Also maybe instead of galactic HQ as your stadium, you could use Miasma Valley, because all of your pokemon are psychic and it will help you out more against SP decks.

Mime + Unown Q combo? Hmmmm...
That's a nice surprising combo factor, eh I dunno it may help but still xD

The reason this deck will never see play(Competively) is becuase if your opponet flips over Gastly or Dialga you pretty much lose.

i don't know if you want to do this, but i'd run moonlight over galactic HQ, just in case you want to attack with uxie instead of shuppet and vice-versa.

I bring up crobats active and never shuppets and uxies
Cauz crobat have free ret so i can decide what to use ;p

Mime + Unown Q combo? Hmmmm...
That's a nice surprising combo factor, eh I dunno it may help but still xD

Hiya Jason..

I played with an LA Starmie deck at one of the last BR. The Mr. Mime/Q was a huge help. I had a lot of fun with the deck but it made a couple of opponents pretty frustrated (especially when you get the 4 Plus-Powers going).

The main flaw in my decklist, as noted above , was lack of UnownG and also the trainer-heavy nature of the deck gave Gengar a field day.

I haven't tried the Shuppet version. I liked the LA Starmie as its Core Flash snipe was sometimes useful to get final prize (too bad PP only affects the active or it would be real fun :lol: ).

You going to San Diego? Hit me with a PM.

The deck is really not half bad. Certain things make it scoop, though... If the game goes past the first few turns, its over. In any case, Rob and I were discussing a similar possibility for Starmie LA at league the other day.

This deck will become alot better when expert belt is released. I use shuppet and Electrode SF in my version. When shuppet goes back to my hand I put Electrode active that damages them for damaging me and it also has higher HP than shuppet.

I like your idea of using banette as a Mewtwo counter, nice deck...

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks everyone.

I like the concept of Starmie LA... Such a sweet card.

Electrode? Which one from SF? And does that have free ret? :p

And Abudoggie, I wont be going to SD.

"Why add in a Gastly if my main strat is to donk? :F"

Because Gastly (Stormfront) stops it and you can have Gastly (Stormfront) mirror. If you really want to have some fun add some Sableye and Special Darkness.

u can use houndoom G and sableye donk to counter gengar and dialga g decks, with that, this deck has more potential to win a lot of decks, thats a good list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back