Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speed Spread returns.

Arcaninedog

I have been thinking and pondering good deck ideas one day, many ideas had come up but this is perhaps the best deck idea I could think of. I still wonder if it'll work good in this format though.

Speed Spread

4 Stantler SW - This is perhaps the best starter for this deck, getting your supporters out to assist your setup or perhaps getting other cards you might need later on. I have also thought about Phinone (actually a friend thought of him) but I still thought he would also be a great starter, to get your stage 1's at least setup.

2-2 Claydol - Probably a must in all decks, helping you keep consistent flow of your deck and also recycling cards into your deck to prevent accidental decking.

2-2 Dodrio MT - Could possibly be a mistake playing this guy, I have thought about other spreaders but this guy has also got my attention as well. Three energy (which can easily be satisfied through scramble after losing Starter) doing 30 damage to three of your opponent's evolved Pokemon. This guy knows how to spread damage fast among your opponent's Pokemon.

1 Absol EX - This is and old guy I want to see more of again, and maybe will expect more of with the release of Omastar. His ability allowing to move 30 damage from one of your opponent's guys to another. This can get a pretty wicked kill pretty easy.

3-1-3 Ampharos SW - This is the brains of the operation almost. Ampharos has "spread" written all over him. His body forcing your opponent to put 10 damage on all his guys whenever he decides to use a supporter card. Then you have his attack. Ampharos does 70 damage for a mighty 3 energy, plus you have this ability if you want to discard all lightning on Ampharos you may do 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon that have energy on them. (Once again, all I have to say is scramble or Double Rainbow and a Multi energy, the DRE gets discarded but the Multi remains because it is considered colorless when DRE is on). Note for those who think that people will just avoid using Supporters: You also have to remember that if they decide to not use supporter's that their setup is almost destroyed by that choice.

2-0-1 Omastar MD - Ampharos is the brain of this deck but Omastar is certainly the heart of the deck. It's power allowing you to de-evolve all of your opponent's benched Pokemon. This power smells of victory in this deck. because all it kills most Pokemon on de-evolve. This is actually the only time you're supposed to actually draw prizes with this deck. Also there is always the option of using the power and wagering the evolved guys back into their deck.

3 Celio's Network (might make these Bebe for reasons of Absol ex and geting more out of Cosmic power by dumbing even one more card with the supporter.)
2 Windstorm (let's face it, this is needed)
2 Roseanne's Research
4 Rare Candy
2 Steven's Advice (My draw power but other draw power might be needed.)
2 Super Scoop Up (If you're good at flipping, let's you recycle Absol Ex's power or even Omastar's Power.)
3 Team Galactic's Wager (Very good at disrupting setups and by using it in combo with Omastar's
1 Night Maintenance
3 Warp Point

7 Lightning Energy
3 Scramble Energy (You'll be using this card a lot.)
3 Double Rainbow Energy
2 Multi Energy (Allows access to Absol Ex's attack plus that combo I mentioned about DRE on Ampharos.)

Needs Pachirisu GE or Call Energy. Stantler's supporters will just get Wagered away half the time.

Also, wrong forum, bud. : )

Lati-lock?
PLOX?
Ball engine?
Alakazam?

That list is also pretty inconsistent. 4 evolution lines, 2 stage 2s, and many bad starts. Top that off with 2 true draw (bad draw vs GG) and wager (semidraw, and bad against GG),2 basic getting cards, and 3 celio's/bebe's.

Lati-lock - I haven't seen someone play that in ages.

PLOX - They can't keep using Psychic Lock forever and neither does it block Jamming

Alakazam - I've only seen that played once, and I was the one playing it.

Ball Engine - Even the heaviest ball engines play a couple supporters. But I do agree that's another horrible matchup.

Also I know I have a few bugs to work out, I only built this deck in a basic manner to get the idea out.

_

As for the comment about the wrong forum. I wasn't really asking for deck help, I was only giving off a strategy. If I'm disagreed with, then a mod can move it, and I'll give my apologies. But I felt right in showing my strategy in the card strategies forum.

I'd consider upping the SSU, being able to recycle Absol EX's power more freqeuntly helps you to spread the damage more, and 4 means you will be seeing it a lot more as well. Maybe possibly consider Zapdos MD as well for this strategy, though it is much more flippy than I would like.

It can be called "Spread" but not Speed Spread just because of the energy requirements needed to spread and to just attack. Yea you have a starter that helps setup this,but you have no Zapdos at least to help.

Glaceon or Empoleon are better spreaders because of the fact they spread and can attack for cheaper,have better lines to support.

Work on the list some more.

i call it speedy because even though those two spread for less energy, Ampharos' body is instant, and the point is to get him out like turn two so your opponent doesn't really have a choice on just not using supporters. As for upping the SSU, I have a little story and the story is that I'm not that lucky at all... I mean I played at a tournament Saturday with Banette and I somehow manage to prize 3 Shuppet in one match. So I try to avoid flippy cards to the best of my ability. But I play 2 SSU because at least having some helps.

Glaceon is a terrible spreader IMO.
Its too inconsistent at it as it relies on a flip.
If you want to spread damage the best way to go about it is Empoleon with support stuff.

You'll stand a good chance of losing to Empoleon. Emp'll just Dual Splash everything you play down until you finally kill it with Ampharos (or until you finally get a Dodrio out, which they won't kill until they have a backup Empoleon at the ready), upon which they'll promote a Scrambled Emp and kill Amphy.

You're right: Magmortar easily beats this due to Flame Body and sniping. No contest.

GG/PLOX will just have a field day with P-Locking Claydol (thus crippling your speed engine by forcing you to use Powerful Supporters for Garde to Telepass) and OHKOing Ampharos.

I can also see Beedrill beating you since you only run two Windstorms to their three or four Crystal Beaches and Cessation Crystals. Plus, they massively outspeed you and don't need to play Energies on anything on the bench thanks to the one energy attack cost.

To top it off, Moth Balls (Gyrados/Mothim rogue deck that's doing well) eats this alive by playing Supporters and feeding off of the spread damage you do. Plus, it's way faster and uses Unown P to place damage counters on Gyra/Moth if you don't spread.

Try Bronzong. I had modest success with Empoleon-Bronzong, so I can tell you it works.

Plox doesn't stop bodies-but if they use YOUR supporters they don't need theirs as much, do they...
Lati-Lock is a great tech choice for good players.
Alakazam is a broken card- it stops the opponent's powers!?

I dont think its speed spread, more like setup spread. Unless absol stays in spread might have a hard time. My eyes are one the yanmega, and the spiritomb especially. tech zong and absol ex, and you got a decent looking spread with like 8 nrgs at all.

Instead of Dodrio I'd go with 4 Phione or 3-1 Phione/Chatot and run Call Energies. But that's just an idea. I think it would speed the deck up a bit.

Back