Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speedking(Insanity Deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2EachHisOwn

4 Slowpoke( amnesia "strike and run")
4 Dark Slowking(Main Attacker: hits for lots second turn)
12 Psychic Energy(Duh)
4 Darkness Energy(Out of reach KOs)
4 Rocket's Mission(draw)
4 TV Reporter(draw)
4 Prof. Cozmo's Discovery(draw)
4 Rocket's Poke'Ball(get Dark Slowking)
4 Poke'Mon Retriever(discard for Slowking;get back up attacker)
4 Surprise Time Machine(discard for Slowking;special conditions)
4 Strength Charm(discard for Slowking;out of reach KOs)
4 Venture Bomb(discard for Slowking;out of reach KOs)
4 Crystal Shard(discard for Slowking;tech for Sally/Dark Heart)

The ideal start is using amnesia against a dunsparces "strike and run". The next turn waylay him for 50(60 with dark) by discarding a tool/machine. He should either a: lose by bench b: have a lack of basics(due to cunning and denying the sparce) that get KOed by litter which dishes 80(90 with one dark;100 with two dark) As I stated in the title this is an insanity deck. It is do or die. You will more than likely lose most games that go past 4 or 5 turns. If you have any tips for the deck feel free to let me know. Enjoy.

how about trying to get 2-3 Rockets Wobbufet(for a little Lasting+ Amnesia)
other than that, it looks really cool. Tell me how it works out:)

I went to a tourny with it and went 4-1 in swiss. It was a good day for my deck. Due to the opponents I played, my tie percentage was the highest in the tourny and I was ranked first going into tops. I lost to a Blasty Ex deck with Articuno Ex and Pidgeot in tops, but other than that I was proud of my deck. I would have won but I missed the kill on his Pidgeot with two water by 10 damage. I rocket's missioned for 4 energy! Due to the Pidgeot not being Koed he quick searched for a Articuno Ex and killed my Slowking. I would have killed his olny two waters on the board and won, but fate conspired against me. I have considered putting in 3 to 4 rocket's Meowth. Stall and grab a strength charm or other needed tool, and the whole snatch for a swoop first turn to use on second turn to get the Slowking(after I put in swoop, lol)

yeah, the deck looks fine, but what about add 3 rocket's mewtwo EX and 3 rockets wobby?

my opinion:

-1crystal shard
-2 venture bomb
-1 strenght charm (this is so situational)
-1 R. pokéball
-1 cozmo
-2 rocket's mission

+3 R. Mew2 EX
+3 R. Wobby
+2 Steven's

yeah, looks pretty good now, 100% of insanity on modified is impossible, so let's fit it for 80% of insanity or whatever. the main problem of your original deck is the chance of your open hand comes with no pokemon =/

Bohn said:
the main problem of your original deck is the chance of your open hand comes with no pokemon =/
. . . that's the main advantage. You'll (almost) ALWAYS have turn 2 Slowking. He used to run it with Rocket's Meowth to reduce mulligans and keep the chance for T2 'King. (Snatch and Run for Swoop!) Now, the problem was that Rocket's Meowth couldn't stop a SAR and thus made the match tougher. (though you could still start with Swoop! and R. Meowth) Its actually pretty solid. Jumpluff pretty much pwns it though. R. Mewtwo is useless as is R. Wobby. It wouldn't do a thing for this deck. And don't underestimate Venture Bomb/Strength charm. =/ T2 Slowking>Zap-Turn-Dos. Though I would suggest a Desert Ruins or two for the deck to help deal with big EXs.

-2 Crystal Shard
+2 Desert Ruins

What is funny about the match up between Zap-Turn-Dos and this deck is that it is pretty much decided by who goes first. If I go first I'll amnesia there energy getting attack and then kill there little 40 to 50 HP pokemon. When and if they finally get there Zappy going my back up King will kill it with no problem, thanks to strength charm, darkness energy and desert ruins(advice taken from Prof. Chris) I will kill it and there is no way they will get a back up Zappy. Also considering the fact I will have already drawn 5 to 6 prizes. Of course the same goes for them if they go first. I will be hit for 50 to 80 second turn and I will have difficulty getting an energy on a pokemon. When I finally kill the thing(if I kill it) the back up Zappy will end it for me.

Heh this reminds me of Science. Nice 10/10 for creativity I'll suggest 2 or 3 Rocket's Wobbuffet. You can get Dark Slwoking out turn 1 with a Rare Candy atttach DRE and KO the Dunsparce by discarding the tools. Crazy idea yeah but this is Insanity after all..

I have ran it that way before and it never worked out. I had to have six cards in my hand to pull it off(not good chances). A slowpoke, Dark Slowking, Rare Candy, Double Rainbow Energy and two tools/machines. I decided to go for the turn two thing instead.

Here is an updated version of the deck:

4 Slowpoke
4 Dark Slowking
3 Rocket's Meowth

11 Psychic Energy
4 Darkness Energy

4 Rocket's Poke'Ball
4 Rocket's Mission
3 TV Reporter
3 Prof. Cozmo's Discovery
4 Strength Charm
4 Venture Bomb
3 Poke'mon Retreiver
3 Swoop Teleporter
2 Crystal Shard
2 Surprise Time Machine
2 Desert Ruins

The Rocket's Meowth = good idea but what about Rockt's Wobby? Have a Dark Slowking out for a little while as a KOing machine then you need the poketools back. But Rocket's Meowth I also like. And it does fit the name. SPEEDking. All I'm worried about is it might be to much of a free prize for your opponent.

Last edited:
meh, you know what?! i've been seriously thinking about this deck, and pidgeot would be great here ( i know i know we could "lost" the focus, but with 3 rare candy and 2-1-2 pidgeot line your deck could run better as pidgeot could search dark energy, strenght charm, etc..

You are right, Meowth is a free prize for your opponent. You will more than likely lose by bench than by prizes. Keep meowth active to search for tools, keep using cunning to slow them down and know what is in their hand. You will more than likely keep meowth active for a turn or two, or they will send their attacker out to KO it. Which, in that case, you send your King to KO it. Meowth is more of a sacrifice for the greater good/more basic/lure their attacker out card. You will always want to be Kinging the game away, but as we all know that is not always possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back