Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Speedrill for Reginals

Status
Not open for further replies.

senior pokeboy

Hi this is the last Turnement before the Nationals, and i want to win some points. I was on 1st place in Denmark, but now i'm only on 3rd. Please help me.

Pokemon:
4 Weedle
2 Kakuna
4 Beedrill
2-2 Claydol
2 Unown G
2 Uxie
1 Azelf

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium:
4 Bebe's
4 Roseanne's
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokedex
3 Poke rader
2 Warp Point
2 Night main.
1 Pokemon Rescue
1 Luxury Ball
3 Broken Time-Space
2 Super Scoop Up
3 Plus Power

Energy:
8 :grass:

Strategy: I don't think that you don't know what to do with Speedrill but here anyway. Get as many Bedrill up as you can and attack with Band Attack. The deck is fast with help from the most of the Trainers and Uxie/Claydol. Poke Rader is good for getting many pokemon at a time and Broken Time-Space helps getting Beedrill and Claydol up.

Nice deck:thumb:!!!

I love the Beedrill deck and I`ve made one myself to with a 1-1 Shaymin X line so if i would have the time I could set him up and enjoy the benefits of 4 150 hp beedrils.........but that negatively effect the speed of the deck wich you are so clearly aiming at.

So if you don`t want to or can`t put in the shaymin I would advice some more discard retrievers. Cuz 110 is gone in a second these days and you really need all 4 of the beedrill if you wanna survive the longer games so.........

+ 2 pokemon rescue / time space distortion
- 2 pokedex/ pokeradar

but besides that I think this deck will rock on states!!

Let's see:
+1 Kakuna
+1 Night Main.
+2 Multi Energy
+3 Great Ball
+3 Oak's Visit
+2 Cynthia's
+2 Wager
+2 Time Space Distortion

-2 Unown G
-2 Uxie
-1 Bebe's
-4 Rosey
-4 Pokedex
-1 Pokémon Rescue
-2 Super Scoop Up

Okay:
You need the third Kakuna in case a candy is prized and if BTS is in play you can evolve straight to drill without the candy.

You relay too heavily on Powers, Power Spray is becoming more popular and if used against your version you have no draw and basically dead in the water. Oak's will help.

Unown G is not really needed due to free retreat, though I can see use for 1, I lost because of Maganzone X Paralyzing attack and not being able to retreat.

By adding Multi you are giving yourself wider attack options although not by much you allow Azelf and Claydol to attack if need be which I have had to do.

TSD is really needed to add to the restorative power of the deck and also will lessen the need for search cards.

Radar is a good choice as you can get multiple Pokémon at once and even if you get none its a free shuffle.

I was surprised to see no Great Ball. Its a wonderful card thats in some Speed Decks. It allows you to get back a Weedle from the deck right after a Maintenance.

I might need to add a scoop and now that I think about it is nice to bring back to the hand when BTS is in play. Just play the three right back.

Shaymin X (Ground) is a possibility, but it will affect speed unless you get lucky and start with it in opening hand.

Drill beats G decks. I have the most experience with Bees in my State of VA (that I know of). I've been playing this since US Nats of 08' and I got a record of 4-5 in masters.

Hope these suggestions help you.

You need to remember playng Speedrill, you only have 6 spaces on your field. Beedrill should take up 4 of those, which leaves room for a Claydol and Azelf/Shaymin. Uxie is good, but there isn't room for it.

I also think you should add Pokemon Rescue or TSD. I used to play with 3 NM and 4 PokeRadar and it worked great. Save the PokeRadar until later in the game and they can work wonders when your deck is down to 25 cards or less. Also you really need the 3rd Kakuna or your BTS will help your opponent more than you. 2 Roseanne's should be plenty. You definitely need a way to get energy. Consider Professor Oaks Visit or Professor Rowan to pull cards from your deck. I like Professor Oaks Visit and Pokedex along with Claydol since you can dig deep into your deck and put un-needed cards at the bottom.

Good luck.

Now my deck is something like this:

4-3-4 Beedrill
2-2 Claydol
1 Azelf
1 Unown G

3 Pokeradar
4 Rare Candy
3 Great Ball
2 Night Main.
1 Pokemon Rescue
2 Warp Point
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Cynthia's Feelings
3 POV
3 Broken Time-Space
3 Plus Power
2 Wager
2 Quick Ball
2 Bebe's
1 Luxury Ball

6 :grass:
2 Multi

This have helped me alot, but i still need space for a Night Main. (I don't have more Rescue or TSD)

Last edited:
Playtest a few matches with a 2-1 line of Shaymin X land form plus 1 Premier Ball and 1 Level Max.. as stated before your bench should be 1 claydol, 1 Shaymin X / Azelf , and 3 Beedrils, other one attacking. It's always better to have 150HP bees than 110HP ones ..
This may slow down the deck a bit but the outcome if you find the balance of trainers to get consistent setups with this bench in 3 or 4 turns, then it's probably worth it.
The SSUs are to heal the Bees ( or get the benched Azelf mabe ), but flippys at the end, so I would playtest 4 Pokehealers instead . A matter of preference.
Good luck.

You NEED 4 Pokedrawer+ in here. You should also have 3 Kakuna.

Look at the new post, and i don't have 4 Pokedrawer+ yet. And it does very good actually, without Roseanne's.

Then i have a Question to all. Is it best with Healing or Recycling? I don't really have space for both, when i also need space for speed.

Last edited:
Why exactly are you running Azelf, out of curiousity? You don't have any 1-of pokemon that are critical to the deck, really. And, if you do find a pokemon in your prizes that you want, the only way to get it with Time Walk is probably going to be putting another pokemon from the same line into your prizes (or memorizing the prizes and just taking it as a prize.)

Why exactly are you running Azelf, out of curiousity? You don't have any 1-of pokemon that are critical to the deck, really. And, if you do find a pokemon in your prizes that you want, the only way to get it with Time Walk is probably going to be putting another pokemon from the same line into your prizes (or memorizing the prizes and just taking it as a prize.)
The Azelf is to get any Weedles, Kakunas, or Beedrills out of your prizes so you can use them. Also you don't have to put another Pokemon back into your prizes. It can be any card.

Try putting in another Broken time Space. Maybe drop the wagers. I don't see any reason for putting them in there. As for SSU I usually run either 3-4. Running 2 is kind of useless imo

Try putting in another Broken time Space. Maybe drop the wagers. I don't see any reason for putting them in there. As for SSU I usually run either 3-4. Running 2 is kind of useless imo

If your running Claydol TGW won't hurt you and aganist G decks it helps. G decks have no real way of coming back from a loss on Wager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back