Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

*SPOILER* The Next EX Set will be called.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Pokemon Master

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
It was announced at the EX Sandstorm tournament in San Diego today that the next set will be called EX Dragons. Wonder if it will include flying dragon PKMN, such as Rayquaza.....

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you guys want to actually know what is in the current set that hasn't even been released yet before you want to know what's in the next set, visit the following link from my site for a complete card list of EX Sandstorm and a lot of the scans:

http://pokebeach.topcities.com/adv2/adv2.shtml

Last edited:
Water Pokemon Master said:
It was announced at the EX Sandstorm tournament in San Diego today that the next set will be called EX Dragons.

WOW :eek: I wonder were they got that information from, caues it was the frist time I have heard it. That sounds like it could be a cool set. Of course it is still months away, so I will only worry about Sandstorm for right now.

Unless I heard incorrectly, PT&E1 said that Nintendo told him that, and that was all he knew. It is pretty fitting to call this set EX Dragons, since the Japanese version had many dragin/flying Pokémon.

EX Dragons? Wow... and I only expected EX Champions. :) .... And yeah, Rayquaza WILL be in EX Dragons (as an ex-type no less!). For more info, check out my site (links in me sig).

Yes, I knew that. I was just giving people some clues to what would be in the set, you know, to make them wonder.

Actually as of now its supposedly the prototype name.. I hope they come up with a new name though ^_^ EX Dragon by itself sounds urm.. interesting... Well, lets hope we get some more news soon.

The set should be nice. The new way of doing dragons is very...well...new. (double resistance, weakness to colorless) ADV3 has two minidecks (as ADV1 had three) so I assume they won't need to get new, never before released cards for the set (like they did for EX:2, as ADV2 had no minidecks, meaning no extra cards). Though, since ADV3 only has two minidecks, it would be cool if they added some new cards anyway. It'd be really great if Nintendo decided to try to get at least one EX card (not EX-Pokemon, just a card in an EX set) for every pokemon. It doesn't look like that'll be happening in ADV, but Nintendo obviously has refreshed plans for EX.

How do you know it is a prototype? PT&E1 said directly that Nintendo named the next set EX Dragons. He said nothing about it being a prototype name.

Water Pokemon Master said:
How do you know it is a prototype? PT&E1 said directly that Nintendo named the next set EX Dragons. He said nothing about it being a prototype name.

Obviously, if it has yet to have been announced to the public from Nintendo and Pokemon USA so it is not official.
-Phil

will salamence be in that set?
i heard there is a pretty good one coming but i dont know if it is in sandstorm or the next set.

GymLeaderPhil said:
Obviously, if it has yet to have been announced to the public from Nintendo and Pokemon USA so it is not official.
-Phil

I agree with Phil, that the set name could change. Remember how Crosstrainer was changed to another name. MTM said that naming a set could the hardest thing to do since you have to come up with a name that fits the set, check pattens to see if someone had already done that name, if so start all over again. So EX Dragon could be just one of many names they are working on for the set.

On a side note, since Sandstorm had extra cards in it that were not in other sets, maybe we will see the same thing with the next set. I guess we will have to wait 3 months to find out. :D

Gym Leader Blaine said:
I agree with Phil, that the set name could change. Remember how Crosstrainer was changed to another name. MTM said that naming a set could the hardest thing to do since you have to come up with a name that fits the set, check pattens to see if someone had already done that name, if so start all over again. So EX Dragon could be just one of many names they are working on for the set.

On a side note, since Sandstorm had extra cards in it that were not in other sets, maybe we will see the same thing with the next set. I guess we will have to wait 3 months to find out. :D

Isn't that because Crosstrainer was altogether cancelled?

Gym Leader Blaine said:
I agree with Phil, that the set name could change.

So EX Dragon could be just one of many names they are working on for the set.

I just picked up the October Scrye, and both page 16 and page 26 make reference to the new set. "Pokemon: Dragon" (pg 26) is listed amongst the upcoming sets, and on page 16 we find, "The following set, Dragon, will be released in December" (I fixed the bad grammer)

I reckon this is pretty official, since it undoubtedly came from Nintendo. All things, of course, being subject to change.

Regarding the set contents - ADV3 does have two mini-decks, for a total of 84 unique cards (Aaah!, where did I find that out???), could be a viable set size, I suppose.

RainbowRichards said:
"The following set, Dragon, will be released in December"

Which means we could see the Prerelease tournaments for these end of November/first of December. :thumb: I will say this it is nice to think about a Prerelease with every set release now. Give us players something else to look forward to. Thanks PUI :D

Well, I hate to say this BUT I TOLD YA SO. :)

Anyways, I think there is more than enough proof that this set will be called EX Dragons. It would be suprising if they renamed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back