Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SP's Report-Lusby and Glen Burnie

SuicidalPikachu

ok, so Lusby cities was last week and i felt like posting both in one report. For this cities, i played Rai-vire, list will immediately follow.

Pokemon:

4-3-1 Raichu lvX (SF)

2-2-1 Electivire

2-2 Claydol

1 Unown G
1 Uxie

Energy:

3 Call
12 Lightning

Trainers:

4 Bebe
3 Pokeball
3 Roseanne's
4 Energy Switch
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
2 Premier Ball
1 Lux Ball
3 Felicity's
2 Conductive Quarry

ok, round 1.

Me v Something:

i dont remember what exactly it was, but i get set up and i roll on through, i think it was Infernape/Heatran.

1-0

Round 2
Me v Abomasnow thingy(maybe)
i get these rounds confused, i know i played against this thing either this round or the next one, so it really doesnt matter, i get out rai X and shut him down.

2-0

Round 3
Me V T-tar
So, i played against this deck before, i've played against this person before, beat him both times, so i figured i should do well, except i dont get a pikachu till t4 and he spinning tails his way to the win. We play after and i beat him without too much dificulty...

2-1

Round 4
Me v Infernape Heatran thing again
same deck, different person. anyway, i get set-up, she doesnt, i win.

3-1

Round 5
Me v Togechomp
wasnt expecting to play this and it was really wierd, i T3 donk his poke-less set-up and break his undefeated record.

This is wierd, because now we have 6 people 4-1 and it cuts to top 4. we're trying to figure out who gets axed and im nervous because going into the round my win percentage blows. worst by like 7%. but the standings come out, im in 3rd, and i get to prepare for top cut.

TOP CUT

Me v Gigas

I dislike this match-up and will come to be the reason why i ditch raivire for next cities. the first round is rather close, and i end up getting the last prize, yay... second round he donks me like crazy and then 3rd round is another really close one, i get it into a 1-prize game but i still lose. he goes on to win the tourney so i feel better, and i get one of the cheezy playmats...

GLEN BURNIE!!!!!!!!!!

ok, so there must be something in the water at Aardvarks because the Tuesday after lusby cities we have an epiphany, what can consistantly beat Machamp and gigas? MEWTWO!!! so we build it, mike tests it, and the day before cities is like, it auto-losses to T-tar basically. which makes me sadface and i get out raivire. on the way up i am feeling less and less confident in it and call mike up and am like, let me use Machamp. so yes, i hopped on that bandwagon.

Round 1
me v Something
IDK what was in the deck, it looked metallic but machamp was just like take out on ur face the entire game.
1-0

Round 2
me v Dusknoir/Gliscor
so, he makes alot of misplays this match, some i let him take back because im generally a nice person :biggrin:. anywho, i warp point up for my last prize when he has a no energy, no damage dusknoir X active.
2-0

AND NOW THE LOSING COMMENCES!!!!!!!!

Round 3
MIRROR!!!!
she gets set-up, i dont, i lose.
2-1

Round 4
mirror?!?!
yes, AGAIN. we play a fairly even game, and it comes down to strongwilled's(?) anyway, i try for the warp point to win the game but fall short from 5/7 of the deck. i misplay and attach energy to my bench go to retreat and am like wait... you can stark mountain OFF of uxie but not ONTO uxie... FAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL.

2-2

Round 5
me v Raichu+something
weakness, and a few misplays, and machamp was one of the reasons why i didnt play raivire in the first place.

3-2.

all in all, not BAD just not GOOD. pramawat wins both of the cities w/ gigas and i make a sadface:frown:

Raichu decklist is appreciated. Let's hope someone can work and improve on it. I wanna see Raichu in action. You are not a falling star. You can make everyone fear you again. GJ

thnx bro. i hope to have a solid competitive deck again for states and make a good showing there. i'd love to see somebody make a raichu deck that can out machamp and gigas, that would make my day.

Round 3
MIRROR!!!!
she gets set-up, i dont, i lose.
2-1

"She" is Rogue Archetype's wife !! (No pokegym screename yet.. but I told her she needs to make one today so people can stop calling her "Rogue Archetype's wife...lol)

I would've LOVED to have had a match vs. you at Lusby. Two electric decks would've been .. just... silly :p

Great job man...

Back