Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

!st place report with tyram seniors

magicarp101

hello this is my first report on a tournament ever and i decided y not do one i played tyram the week prior
at PA states and got third and was pretty satisfied but now i felt like i needed to win and built CMT planning to play this prior to DE states but when i got there i was convinced to stay with what im comfortable with which paid off in the end. no lets get started. we had 5 rounds top 4 with about 30 people which means a first round loss and i could be done.

Round 1 against jimmy mcclure with zeekeels

i started with 1 mewtwo 4 rare candy 2 junk arm and drew a communication enough said

0-1

Round 2 Ryan b zeekeel

this game i got t3 two typhlosion ninetales and blue flare and i went first and i catchered eel after eel and he just ran out of stem he N ed me into one which was a juniper and all i needed was catcher or junk arm for one. he had three prizes left he gets a ko i juniper and get a Cather for the win

1-1

round 3 vs Henry p with zeekeels
i don't remember much about this match up but he got nothing for three turns i got my typlosions and reshirams and rolled over him quick

2-1

round 4 vs ???? with zeeleels
this match i get t2 typhlosion and blue flare i am winning with one prize left he has a mewtwo with 7 energy he has three prizes he pokegears for the N but whiffs and i had switch fire mewtwo in hand with a typhlosion on the field good game

3-1

they but up standings and im 5th so i have a good chance at toop cut i hope into the last round

round 5 vs????? with durant
i got t3 typhlosion and just rolled over him quickly

4-1
swiss is now over and they put up standings and i was lucky to come in 4th and even more lucky the 1st seed was a durant

top 4 vs orrin Wwith durrant

Game 1

i got t4 two typhlosions and just rolled through the ants

1-0
Game 2

got two early typhlosions and he went 6 for six on crushing hammer but it just wasnt enough i win with ease but a little sweat

2-0

i advance to top two against jimmy mcclure (my 1st round lost)

game 1

we both get setup early but i went first and we traded prize after prize till i had one left and so did he but the fact i went first i was able to pull off a very tight game indeed but(little did i know a closer one was to come :biggrin:)

1-0

game 2

he chooses to go first which is not a surprise he gets set up early and quickly gets rid of my cyndaquils with thunderus and i get two very late typhlosions but he had two prizes left so i was just two late

1-1

game three

this game was a complete thriller i get setup early and he gets setup a little late but i take two unanswered prizes and soon the game was he had three prizes and i had one with the win next turn so he uses N with my three damage reshirams with two energy each on the field and his active zekrom with 3 lighting energy and an eviloite i take my one card from N he takes his three and i draw a qulava and do not panic knowing i have two more cards to draw before i lose. at this point im looking for a fire to win. so he bolt strikes my active reshiram and gets a ko. so its my turn and i draw typhlosion:mad: and pass and then takes his turn and ko's another reshi now we both have one prize left i have to pull something this turn or i lose. i draw and top deck a junk arm i use junk arm discarding my typhlosion and quilava in hand top get a pokegear. i draw one by one. 1 junk arm 2 pokemon collector, 3 junkarrm, 4 communication, 5 pokemon collector, 6 energy at this point i am nervous as crap and and about to piss my pants.... number 7 PONT!!!!! YAY last card. so i continue with my move and use PONT. To make it more dramatic my opponent suggests that i flip over the cards to see if i get the fire one by one. SO here we go 1 collector
2 junkarm 3 juniper, 4 pokemon communication And 5 is FIRE energy almost the whole room screams In a frenzy. i attach the fire and blue flare for the game and Delaware states.

2-1

Delaware state champion i finally won a sates on my home turf
and got a three hundred dollar award towards nationals and move up to 49 cp points.

well im glad i didnt play CMT

Last edited:
Back