Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Standard | Discard Energy Acceleration

SolarPichu

Hello PokeGym Enthusiasts!

I wanted to see if there were any viable energy acceleration methods similar to Solgaleo GX's Turbo Strike. In my old deck, I dumped that in the Discard and then used Mewtwo/Mew GX to copy that for 2 Colorless to deal 120 and grab a couple Energy from the Discard.

I don't see any other GX cards in standard with something similar to copy. If it helps, I use the Welder engine and Fire Energy, but everything in my deck that attacks has colorless requirements currently.

I found a few viable options, but I'm not sure which would be the best option.

Arcanine - Grand Flame does 120 for 3 Fire Energy, and grabs 2 Fire Energy from the Discard.

Incineroar V - Grand Flame does 90 for 3 Energy (2 Fire and a Colorless), and grabs 2 Fire Energy from the Discard.

Victini V - Spreading Flames attaches 3 Energy from the Discard for one Energy, but does no damage.

I think I'm leaning towards Incineroar for consistency, as well as pushing the damage agenda, but just wasn't sure if there is some other card I'm overlooking.

Thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!

Since you're not limited to Fire, Eternatus V does 30 damage and allows you to attach a Darkness Energy from your hand to one of your Pokémon.

Bede - Attach a Basic energy card from your hand to one of your Bench Pokémon (subpar replacement for when Welder rotates out)
Metal Saucer only works on Metal Energy and Metal Benched Pokémon

The Victini V Battle Deck is interesting as it rotates around Discarding Energy and having attacks that attach - Raboot and Nintetales attach to themselves, Cinderace's ability moves energy to itself when it comes Active, Cinccino attaches to one of your Bench,

Boltund V accelerates Lightining
Blastoise V MAX accelerates Water, Frosmoth has Ice Dance

Back