Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Standard Zap-Turn Dos or Zap/Ray? Which is better suited for the metagame?

Turbo Blastoise

I'm just wondering what everyone's vibe is on Zap/Ray Decks. Do you think they are actually superior to standard Zapdos ex decks like some people are saying or do you feel there is too much Crystal Shard and colorless decks running around to make this deck competitive in the current format?

Well, i would say that Zap-Turn regular is better, b/c with Shard out and all, Rex from this set really gets hurt so, for this current format, i would do Standered Zap.

If you run Zap/Ray you need to run Fire or Multi just for the Rayquazas which hurts your energy curve and since Zapdos exs power lets you only move basic :lightning energy you wouldn't be able to do 50-70 on turn 2 if your Voltor, Elekid or Electike started with the Multi. If you plan on Running Manetric ex in the deck as well, you would have too many exs and be way too volnerable to Desert Ruins.

Dragonstar said:
If you run Zap/Ray you need to run Fire or Multi just for the Rayquazas which hurts your energy curve and since Zapdos exs power lets you only move basic :lightning energy you wouldn't be able to do 50-70 on turn 2 if your Voltor, Elekid or Electike started with the Multi. If you plan on Running Manetric ex in the deck as well, you would have too many exs and be way too volnerable to Desert Ruins.

but if you spit it with fire, and use

ray
zap
manEX

then you have that extra NRG type for man's second attack, so you dont have to discard 3 lightning, you can only discard 2

GodTrainer said:
but if you spit it with fire, and use

ray
zap
manEX

then you have that extra NRG type for man's second attack, so you dont have to discard 3 lightning, you can only discard 2
Good point......still seems iffy to me though but I wouldn't even run Manetric ex I think he is horrible in Zaptunrdos.

Zap/Ray don't go well. Its a common misconcenption that they do. Their powers "overlap" one another which isn't neccesary as good a combo as it seems. In fact, its not a combo.

Regular Zapturndos is FAR superior, even without the massive presence of Colorless.

Yeah, Zap/Rex is just not that great from what i can tell. Plus with so many Shards loose, Rex is just bait =/. And Rex can't switch out like Zex can.

My philosophy exactly. You don't need Ray when you can do most of its job with a Shard. The situational potential extra damage that Ray EX can do is nothing compared to the excellent speed of ZapTurnDos.

i think there i no need of another pokemeon with a come into play effect like legendary ascent to play with zapdos id personnally play zapdos ex with manetric ex and normal manetric from deoxys alectric also hava a recharge atack and 50 hp^^

Back