Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Starmie/Staryu/Bellossom

Gliscor

Starmie
Staryu
Bellossom

Three fakes that I just made. The reason why I chose HGSS over BW blanks is because I not only made some new HGSS blanks lately, but the current BW blanks don't look too realistic. The Bellossom is kinda random being with the other two, but I requested the drawer to use his Bellossom artwork, and while I intended to use the artwork for some other fake, I ended up not doing it and used it here instead.

The Starmie fake might seem a little pointless with the Power, but when you think about it, while it might not be effective, it works as a tech to counter Donphan/Reshiram. Bellossom... nothing special =P

Last edited:
They are great cards, very realistic looking. Only problem is, Starmie looks a little broken. 80 for 2 and a Positive effect seems a bit much.

Updated the cards in the first post. Starmie now does 70 damage, does 10 damage to itself, and requires a coin flip to discard an Energy. Bellossom's mistakes are now fixed.

I had a cool idea to make Starmies power a little more useful. Remove the coin flip from Psycho Vapor, but allow it to only discard a basic Energy of a type currently attached to Starmie. Then, have the power switch a basic Energy to another Type, instead of Rainbow. That way, she's a hard-hitting splashable tech that can attack for any energy, but it also gives you incentive to use a Water if you have that option.

Back