Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Starting a League

Blitzkrieg916

Hey everyone,

This seemed like the most logical place to post this, but if it's not the right thread then please tell me and I will post in the correct forum.

My friends and I are starting a League but were having a bit of trouble. We got our POP IDs and I registered mine on Pokemon.com and I filled out the application form for a League. I then got a message saying the info would be verified by an admin to see if my League is approved.

I don't want to sound impatient, but it's been about a week now and I still have not received any answer.

I just wanted to know if maybe anybody on these forums knows approximately how long it takes to get an answer?

Thanks,
-Blitz

its normaly down to the OP manger to approve the league, you will get a reply they normal reply with in 2 weeks i beivel that was when i done my PTO app

Since the merger of Pokemon.com, and Go-Pokemon.com (The old OP website) Much of the websites Applications
have taken longer to push threw for me. League Applications, Professor Orders, League Orders, etc. I know it's
frustrating, but don't give up! They will get to you.

Part of the reason it could be taking so long is that this is the 'Pokemon Offseason'. For Leagues, we get 8 'Seasons'
per year, each lasting about 6-7 weeks, and there is about a week inbetween each. They start September 27th, and end
sometime in August. So the leagues have been 'out of session' since August. Now, if you've already gotten your league
started, you can continue to run leagues, post times for players to come, and give out whatever prizes you have. But they
don't send you new prizes, and you can't sign up new players during Offseason. I imagine that's a big part of the reason
your league application hasn't been addressed yet.

But here's the bottom line, you don't need Pokemon Support to run a league. (Though it is helpful!) Don't be affraid to do
something unofficial for now, until they approve your league applicaiton. See if you can find some local players or game stores
that would be willing to donate some prizes or hold little tournaments, charge a small fee ($1 or $2) and buy some packs
with it for the tournament prizes, whatever you want to do! If you get the players to come first, your league will be all that more
succesful when you do get it approved! Good luck.

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

Hey DarkStar.
Thanks for the heads up. My friends and I already started running our own unofficial league and were starting our third week this weekend. Everything's been going great, we just think some help from Pokemon would be nice.
Anyway now that I'm more informed I think I can wait a little longer :p

Thanks!

No I haven't. Would that be recommended?
I read through the application and to be honest I don't think I would have a very high chance of being approved.

In order to qualify to be a TO, you should make sure you:

Know the rules of the game
Know all the Tournament Procedures (You can find them on the Pokemon Website)
Have a safe enviornment to run your tournaments
Expect to have, or eventually have at least 8 players to register for your tournaments
(And that's 8 people Other than you, as a TO, you can't play in the tournaments you run)

They usually don't turn away anyone who is serious about creating a pokemon location on the TO application,
but as you've seen with your league application, it takes a while to get it approved. So if you are planning on ever
being a Pokemon TO, I'd submit an application. The worst case senario is that they decline your application, and
they will tell you what you need to fix in order to qualify, then you can work on those things, and submit it again
when you are ready. So if that is where you are wanting your 'gym leader' career to head, then applying would
definatly be my recommendation!

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

Thanks a lot for the tips DarkStar :)

I'm not sure about being an OFFICIAL TO just yet but I'll think about it. If I have to wait longer then so be it. My main focus is the League for now. Thanks for your help!

My League has finally been approved! :)

I guess DarkStar was right about the "off-season" thing. Thanks!

I also applied for TO and I got approved that same day!

One little question though, this is strictly out of curiosity, I'm not trying to be impatient or anything, but once I've ordered my supplies (League kit, Player ID booklets,etc.) about how long does that take to ship?
I'm sure it varies by location, but is there a general timeframe?
I'm in Montreal, Quebec (Canada). Just putting that up there in case it'll help with answering my question :p

THanks again :)

Back