Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

States discussion for NJ

NJ is a high competition state for pokemon. So the decks will probably different than some other low competition states. I live in NJ and i am probably going to the NJ states in Cedar grove and the DE states in Newark. I am expecting ALOT of kingdra decks, some Machamp decks, and the new addition of Giratina and Ampharos/Manetric Decks. Comments?

Underground is all over nj/ny. I think i heard that gino was coming down for the ny one.

Anyway. I think someone will be looking to defend his title in nj.

Underground is all over nj/ny. I think i heard that gino was coming down for the ny one.

Anyway. I think someone will be looking to defend his title in nj.

I was just hoping to make cut for the first time at NJ states. I don't know why but I am 0/4 at NJ states for making cut, while I am 4/4 at DE. I have no clue what I am going to play yet and that's not good because usually by now I have an idea that I am leaning towards using.

Drew

While I appreciate the fact that NJ is so competitive, I just hope this state's is unlike the last one where everyone and their brother ran the same deck. Ideally I would like to see a very diverse group of decks that center more around strategy as opposed to who can donk who first. Sadly the fact that the newest set has done nothing IMO to hinder Kingdra and Machamp, I expect to encounter a large number of these decks.

While I appreciate the fact that NJ is so competitive, I just hope this state's is unlike the last one where everyone and their brother ran the same deck. Ideally I would like to see a very diverse group of decks that center more around strategy as opposed to who can donk who first. Sadly the fact that the newest set has done nothing IMO to hinder Kingdra and Machamp, I expect to encounter a large number of these decks.

Kingdra not so much, Machamp yes. I feel that Toxicroak G is a very good deck and while Kingdra gives it issues it does beat Machamp pretty easily.

Drew

this is gonna be a hard competition. There are so many decks that it is actually impossible to break the format I think. It is going to be how good the player is that will decide the winner.

So many decks out there and so many possibilites. I don't think kingdra will make a huge splash but with machamp now showing its dominance in cities it will be there in big #s. One thing i feel will be big is the g pokemon and the emergence of many decks using them. I do fell the croagunk g deck has alot of potential. I will be trying to attend this one coming up. I know there will be heavy competition and alot of fight from NY/NJ so i hope to do well.

Just in case i don't make it good luck drew and hope you can beak the curse you have of 0-4 at NJ states.:thumb:

I'm going to run a practice tournament at my league next sunday.
Entry will be free, so the prizes will be light, but it's a good opportunity to get some practice in.

This will be Sunday 1-4 at Convenant Church in Cinnaminson NJ

Team Underground is takin ova.. of course theres gunna be madd ppl at NJ/NY/NE. Ima be at my own state for the first states! Then ima be up in NY for the next weekend. Im goin undefeated..:cool: I already broke the format yall just gotta wait for my tourney report...:cool:

IM GOING UNDEFEATED!!!

I checked the store's event schedule and it doesn't list the pokemon states under its events taking place on the 14th of March. However if you check the listings of locations of where the states are going to take place on the pokemon website it lists Time warp comics as the location. However I too have heard that the states will be at a hotel and would like to know where this hotel is.

Back