Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

States For Iowa?

I traded emails with Shayne (IA PTO) a couple of weeks back and he said that he had just received the information for setting up IA states. He also said that he would make sure the info was posted on the official Pokemon site as soon as it was finalized.

I would assume the tournament will be held on the 21st since MN and WI are on the 14th.

Thanks for the info wiem0014,

I hope you're wrong. Missouri and Kansas go the 21st, need a 14th!

True for most of his events perhaps, but States can't be held on Sundays, only on Sat March 14th or the 21st. I'm sure for Shayne, like the rest of us PTOs, he may be at the mercy of the availability of his venue. Most of us try our best to have dates that won't conflict with the neighboring states, but when we only have 2 dates to work with, sometimes venues are already booked on our preferred dates and we just have to go with what we can. I would have preferred not to have IL on the same day as MO, but the venue options I had were all already booked on the 14th, so I pretty much had to go with the 21st.

But I'm sure Shayne will let everyone know once he gets all the details ironed out. :smile:

They just posted the information for the IA State Championship Tournament on go-pokemon.com. It looks like it will be held on March 14th in Ames.

This is the same day as both the MN and WI tournaments. I wonder what this will do for attendance. I would assume attendance for all three will be lower than expected as the players from all three states normally travel. This should also mean that the turnout for the IL tournament on the 21st will probably be huge as it will draw from MN, IL, IA, WI, and possibly IN.

Get ready PokeMama. It might be a packed house!

Thanks again for the info, that's great, a driveable option! The WI-MN-IA knot seems similar to the OK-KS-MO knot, maybe we get to play Iowa this year!

Good luck to Shayne! He always runs great events in one of my favorite cities (My College City)

Go CLONES!

Vince

I'll be heading to Ames with my team from Lincoln, and then to Lenexa the next weekend... as long as it doesn't cause a problem with my planned grad school visits that week, as that is my spring break. I was accepted to NJIT and Northwestern, and still have three other schools to hear back from.

Jay, I love you but you are going to have to work HARD to hold onto your Glass this weekend.

Iowa seems a choice spot for invasion.

Don't look at me, I am going to TN to be a part of the "Southeastern CLASH" between TN, KY, FL, MO, MS and others.

Talk to you all soon!

Safe journey to all of my travelling trainers!

Vince

I'm ready bring it on. It will probably be like most years where out of staters will make up over half of the masters.

Back