Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

States Information Up at Pokemon Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
The State Championships are Age Modified Swiss format with cut to top eight. These events are being held from April 3rd, 2004 through May 2nd, 2004.

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 finishers in each of the three age groups.

May charge up to $10 per player as an entry fee

You are not required to buy cards at the event to play.

What are the Prizes?

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. Our age categories are; Under 10, 11-14 and 15 and up.

Everyone who registers receives State Championships Promo Card!

Top eight finishers in each of the 3 recognized age categories receive the following prizes.

1st Place
State Champion Award
1 Display Box of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
Two round bye at the National Championships (a bye means you don’t play the round and are awarded a win in that round)
A Stage One VIP Package containing cool Pokémon Merchandise. This package will be awarded upon onsite registration at the National Championship event at Origins Game Fair.

2nd Place
18 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

3rd Place
9 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

4th Place
9 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

5th through 8th Place
4 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

GOOD News. Plus, I'll be able to take some of my players to neighboring states if they don't win in CO.

Too bad only half the States are currently represented.

Last edited:
|PoKeY| said:
Like usual no one cares about new hampshire...

That's not entirely true... all I will say is to keep an eye on that list, it is subject to change ;)

Also if your in the sea coast area, you're welcome to attend my league... we have a tournament (that will be sanctioned) comming up in mid-may at the Games Weekend convention...

hmm... Is it just me or is the Milford, MA event listed as 1900... dang, guess I'm already late for my event! :p

-marril

SteveP said:
GOOD News. Plus, I'll be able to take some of my players to neighboring states if they don't win in CO.

Too bad only half the States are currently represented.

You are more then welcome to come down to Utah and play. :)

As for half the States are currently represented, I know more states are being worked on, but these are the ones that PUI has okayed as of right now. For instance I am working on one in another State right now, and hope to have it locked down by next week.

Last edited:
I knew TJs was going to have the event...my guess is that means they haven't decided when. But I guess thats nice that they posted it anyhow? *shrugs* Who knows...

Hmmm, its interesting that they wont even pay the entrance fee needed to enter Origins. It still doesnt make sense to me why nationals is at a pay-to-enter convention where they dont have complete control over the venue. Oh well, another subject, another thread, another time.

I also know that Wisocnisn's is tentativelyschedueled for April 24th in Manitowoc, WI. This isn't official though... this really is only what we've heard from the store owner so far.

im really worried we wont have one here in arkansas does anyone know if we will or does anyone know an email of POP so i can find out lol ide really appreciate it

There are 25 States listed so far(26 if you count Mexico).Trust me when I say there will be a lot more.Just wait for the site to get updated periodically.

`Sensei

*sighs* i know im just nervous beacause ive been working on my BAR deck for a long time and we didnt get any CC's so thats why im nervous plus they would have to find somewhere to host it

Gym Leader Blaine..

For instance I am working on one in another State right now, and hope to have it locked down by next week.

Would that other state be to the "North" ????
Pokeplayer
PTO WA State

yay, another big tourney, hope we have a better turnout than 59 players in our CC! Can't wait, and just in time before my exams. No trips to Nationals right? :( just invites :(...

-MuD

Pokeplayer said:
Gym Leader Blaine..

For instance I am working on one in another State right now, and hope to have it locked down by next week.

Would that other state be to the "North" ????
Pokeplayer
PTO WA State

It is the State of Idaho. Hope that is okay Pokeplayer? We got the go ahead from PUI, and are working on getting the location right now.

Gym Leader Blaine...

I inquired along time ago to PUI about ID...But at present I don't have the resources to go to ID..

I will say that I played at a SBZ in 2002 in May in Boise.. The shop is listed on the league and had good attendance..

I may look to Eastern Wa in the near future...

Pokeplayer

Yea, it would be nice if they could pay for at least part of the cost to Origins if you won... It would be even nicer if they also payed for a part of a trip down to Origins!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back