Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

states

Well... what are your options? Any Tier 1 deck?

MY INTERPRETATION OF TIER 1:
LuxChomp
DialgaChomp
VileGar
Sablelock
LostGar?
Gyrados

Gyrados isn't a good move as trainer lock hurts it somewhat and isn't great vs. LuxChomp. DialgaChomp is equal vs. LuxChomp, but doesn't do great vs. trainer lock, obviously. VileGar could be a good play, but the trainer lock does absolutely nothing vs. VilePluff.

Sablelock is about equal vs. LuxChomp (depending on techs - with Blaze I assume it is better, but idk) and ok vs. VilePluff. LostGar... we don't really know how well it does yet. So IDK.

Otherwise, BLG could be a really good play, as it is epic vs. VilePluff, as they play uber grass - same with Chenlock and Blazechomp.

Gigas is ok. I'm not an expert on Gigas (I'd say Cetra is the Gigas master here, tbh) but IDK it's matchups.

Yeah. I currently play Sablelock and love it (thought I am currently trying out DChomp). It's pretty good all over, just slightly unfavorable with Machamp (like all SPs) and very slightly vs. Gdos.

True. Well, I know that Cetra is pretty pro with Gigas, I don't know dennis hawk much.

Yeah, BLG is sick.

Dennis and Cetra are both pretty much on the level with Gigas.

OK my meta is probably 2 luxchomps and a Vilepluff along with a bunch of other random nonsense. What is my best play for states?

Three other people are going to states? Or do you seriously expect the whole rest of the tournament to be random nonsense?

Gigas might have problems with trainer lock and big damage from pluff. As I've learned from the past, don't tech against players you might never play against at a big event. Play what you think is the best deck in general that you are comfortable with. I'm pretty sure that you can expect way more competitive players than those 3.

@Happiny: But can Pluff OHKO Gigas? cuz otherwise it's pretty easy. a Giga Blaster with Belt can OHKO Pluff, and you can Sacrifice the damage off from Pluff.

But yeah, trainer lock is an issue cuz of the JArms.

Gyrados isn't a good move as trainer lock hurts it somewhat and isn't great vs. LuxChomp. DialgaChomp is equal vs. LuxChomp, but doesn't do great vs. trainer lock, obviously. VileGar could be a good play, but the trainer lock does absolutely nothing vs. VilePluff.

Sablelock is about equal vs. LuxChomp (depending on techs - with Blaze I assume it is better, but idk) and ok vs. VilePluff. LostGar... we don't really know how well it does yet. So IDK.

Ok, well gdos isn't that bad against trainer lock. It isn't favorable, but with its speed and discarding ability, it can be handled. Also, dialgachomp and sablelock are far from equal to Luxchomp, and dialgachomp does very well against trainer lock.

@lotad: Yeah, I forgot about Regice can discard. But JArms is the primary source of discaring.

No, Sablelock and DialgaChomp are equal vs. it. Pretty much all SP is equal vs. each other in my experience.

I spaced out about DGX's Body, lol. Then yeah, it owns. I'd play DialgaChomp, LuxChomp, or Sablelock for states in the meta Bidoof stated.

If I were you I'd probably go with ChenLock. Nice shot at donking, proven deck, beats VileGar, though IDK how it does against LuxChomp.

^It can definitely beat luxchomp and if it beats vilegar then it should be very good against jumpluff. I would probably go with chenlock.

it does pretty well against luxchomp well sablelock. there are three ways to win. donk, disrupt, or win the garchomp war have promocroak and control topdecks with chatot g

Sablelock seems to have the best match against lost gar so judging from the hype its probally the best call over all but it depends how many teams of players go to your states. A well resourced team will probally bring the following.

luxchop/dialga/sablock
Lost gar
vile gar
Gyrados
Machamp
random rogue deck

Yeah.. I'd play Sablelock.

Currently I'm playing Sablelock with 1-1 Blaziken - it improves the DialgaChomp and VileGar MU's, and otherwise is still pretty good.

But DialgaChomp and LuxChomp are obviously good plays.

So people bring teams of players tyo a States to play all meta decks...but what about the Champ player who plays 2 Vilegars and a Gyareados? Or the Gyarados who plays 3 Luxchomp? lol

Back