Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Status Effect question

jdizzy001

Greetings players,

I started playing PTCG on day 1 of release back when I was a young boy. However, I fell out after the release of fossil as I was young and had no one to play with and no way to go to gyms or retailers. Fast forward many, many moons, my son is now very interested in Pokemon. I pulled out my old pokemon cards and we have been playing regularly. He loves it. Despite this, I have a question regarding paralysis. If on turn A my pokemon becomes paralyzed, per the rules he is supposed to recover on turn C. If my opponent uses a paralyzing attack on turn B, am I paralyzed until turn D now? Or does the attack have no effect (status wise)?

To clarify/Sum up:
Turn A: opponent paralyzes my pokemon during his turn.
Turn B: I am paralyzed, I cannot attack.
Turn C: opponent attacks (causing additional paralysis).
Turn D: Am I paralyzed?

when was paralysis (from turn A) removed? between turns B & C or at the start of Turn D?

Last edited:
Let's define what you mean by "turn C" and "turn B" and "turn D".

So, during your opponent's turn, your opponent does an attack that paralyzes your Pokemon but doesn't Knock it Out. Let's call that Turn A

On Turn B, it is now your turn. Your Active Pokemon is Paralyzed. You can do other things on your turn, such as attaching energy cards and playing Pokemon to the bench or evolve any of your Pokemon that can be evolved, or play Trainers, but you cannot attack unless you have someone been able to remove the Paralysis from your Pokemon, such as by playing a Full Heal.
When you end your turn, between turns B & C, the paralysis is removed from your Pokemon.
On turn C, it is now your opponent's turn again and they can do whatever they usually do.
If they choose to use a Paralyzing attack again on Turn C, your Pokemon would be paralyzed again through your turn D.

So, you ask above about the opponent using a paralyze attack on Turn B.
Following your outline, Turn B is your turn, not theirs, so they can't attack on your turn.

Back