3 Windstorm
2 Scott
3 Mentor
3 PETM
6 Steven's Advice/Copycat/TVR etc.

Energy (14)
10 Grass
4 Water

Strategy: Yes, this list is pretty lacking. I have absolutely no competition where I live so I can't playtest it at all, sorry.

The strategy is pretty nice actually. Crobat uses Cacturne's power to do 120 a turn (10 from Crobat's Power+10 from Poison+100 from Pester, and probably more with multiple Crobat powers).
This strategy relies on Sidney's Stadium being active, so Lati@s is mandatory. I have no need for other Stadium cards because Sidney's must be in play, but 3 Windstorm is here to kill Cessation Crystal.
Altaria hopefully helps Crobat attack by turn 2 (yeah right), because getting this combo fast is key.
I need a good setup Poke. Any ideas? Also, the trainer line needs help.

Unfortunatly with every deck running so many stadiums this deck is pretty fragile, but with an early scott you should be able to get an advantage quickly. Also, Metagross and Dragonite can't be OHKO'd without using two Crobat powers (and Crobat is weak to both) which should hurt this deck a lot.

Any ideas? This deck does seem like it has potential.

EDIT: With trainer denial this deck becomes stronger. However Houndoom is a no because of the large bench. lol Walrein EX PK

Last edited:
If you ask me, I would play Radar Jam Crobat DS to disconnect the opponent and keep Sidney in play. Maybe 2-2 Crobat EX/DS.

I don't like Altaria and you don't need it.

I would go 3 Tauros and use THAT as a Windstorm capability, and may be run 1-2 Windstorm on the offchance of the Cessation, but really you're just worried about Stadiums.

It's a nice idea. Maybe you can run a Deoxys EX Speed instead of Lati-Lock, and possibly a Mewtwo d to move Energy when needed?

Another interesting tech might be 1-1 Flareon EX.

I would try to get SSU in there also, to pick up damaged EX's.

Not to be rude, but you seemed to miss the point of the deck.

If you ask me, I would play Radar Jam Crobat DS to disconnect the opponent and keep Sidney in play. Maybe 2-2 Crobat EX/DS.

But the point is to attack with Pester for quick KOs after poisoning. I don't want to attack with Radar Jam. Plus, the faster I start Pestering the better (again, 120 damage a turn guaranteed with no real drawbacks).

I don't like Altaria and you don't need it.

Fair enough, but Crobat is ridiculously fragile (stage 2 EX with 130 HP? :() and I kinda want to get him going as soon as possible. Maybe without Altaria I can get a Houndoom in, though. But probably not. Heh.

I would go 3 Tauros and use THAT as a Windstorm capability

That doesn't work. I need Sidney's Stadium in play in order to do the Pester combo, so by playing it I'm already discarding the stadium. I don't need to discard stadiums, because if Sidney's Stadium is not there, then I can't do the combo, regardless of what stadium is (or isn't) in play. I suggested Tauros because I can't think of a better searcher for this deck unfortunatly (maybe Pinsir?)

Maybe you can run a Deoxys EX Speed instead of Lati-Lock, and possibly a Mewtwo d to move Energy when needed?

Lati-lock is an absolute must I would think: Houndoom tears this deck apart. It also cancels safeguard which is nice, but Safeguard is the least of my worries with this deck. Mewtwo is a great suggestion though, especially with Crobat's free retreat and stacking power.

Another interesting tech might be 1-1 Flareon EX.

That is a good idea. I think an even better idea is Flareon*, instant Pester.

Thanks for the comments.

I agree with the flareon* idea. Free retreat +burn+pester=pwn

and for a starter/searcher, zangoose from the new PK set looks like a solid bench getter. He has the 1 nrg 2 pokes call for family. So Id use him if tauros's power conserns you

Re:

But the point is to attack with Pester for quick KOs after poisoning. I don't want to attack with Radar Jam. Plus, the faster I start Pestering the better (again, 120 damage a turn guaranteed with no real drawbacks).

Fair enough. I just thought you wanted Sidney's to stay in play somehow and a lock was interesting and available. But yes, Pester is the point.

That doesn't work. I need Sidney's Stadium in play in order to do the Pester combo, so by playing it I'm already discarding the stadium. I don't need to discard stadiums, because if Sidney's Stadium is not there, then I can't do the combo, regardless of what stadium is (or isn't) in play. I suggested Tauros because I can't think of a better searcher for this deck unfortunatly (maybe Pinsir?)

Pinsir can't get the EX, or the Cacturne. BTW, Tauros' power is OPTIONAL. You don't HAVE to get rid of Sidney's. I thought Tauros would help you vs. Cursed Stone.

Lati-lock is an absolute must I would think: Houndoom tears this deck apart. It also cancels safeguard which is nice, but Safeguard is the least of my worries with this deck. Mewtwo is a great suggestion though, especially with Crobat's free retreat and stacking power.

Cool.

That is a good idea. I think an even better idea is Flareon*, instant Pester.

True!

Maybe im stupid but I dont see the point of Sidney's in here. I thought you want to have Crobat active not Cacturne.

also, you have a 4-3-4 line with no rare candy.

About Tauros: I know the Power is optional. And all in all it is a better Zangoose. That is why I wanted to use it.

Let Fire Fall, Cacturne can use its power from the bench as long as Sidney's Stadium is in play.

Skull Bash... um not really. But maybe removing Cacturne and using 3 Scott and 4 Briney would work. But then Flareon is prized and you die.

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Turn 2 Octillery, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back