2 Rare Candy
3 Buffer Piece
3 Claw Fossil
2 Oracle

16 Energy
4 Steel Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
8 Psychic Energy

Hmmm lets see. Get out a aggron EX or aggron and heal it with potions and xatu. Dunsparce helps get them out fast. Claw fossil IMO is a staple in every deck now. I mean it allows for you to stall alittle bit for free, and when it dies or gets hit, you can do 10 damage to the opponent's pokemon. WHat is ingenious about this is that you can use Xatu to heal your fossils that barely stay alive so they survive longer. But that really isn't what the deck is about. Go ahead critique.

Last edited:
20 Pokemon
2 Aggron EX(Sandstorm)
3 Aggron(R/S)
2 Lairon(Sandstorm)
4 Aron(Double Stab)
3 Crawdaunt(Non-Holo)
3 Corphish(Slash)
3 Dunsparce

24 Trainers
3 Professor Oak's Research
4 Potion
2 Switch
3 TV Reporter
3 Rare Candy
3 Buffer Piece
3 Oracle
2 Warp Point
1 High Pressure System

16 Energy
4 Steel Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
8 Water Energy

This is a alternate version of steel claws, in which I can protect my fire weakness. I like this one alittle better.

Last edited:
From the looks of the deck it seems pretty efficient. I have seen most of Prime's decks since Pokegym opened and there pretty darn good. Aggron IMO is a great pokemon to battle and to have in a lot of decks. Xatu plays a BIG role in this deck and is a must to heal Aggron as fast as possible. Crawdaunt can knock out Blaziken in one hit, Oh Oh I like.
Dunsparce sets that up real quickly and 3 is a good amount to have.

Also, I have to agree Claw Fossil can stall and really add that missing piece to make the deck great.
Lets take a look at the drawing engine, 3 POR's, 3 TV Reporter, 2 Oracle and the others to back it up.

Not too shabby, the deck looks like a winner.

Pokemon: 21

3 AggaronEX
3 Aron (any)
3 Corphish (Toxic Grip)
3 Crawdaunt (Either)
3 Sparce
3 Natu (SK)
3 Xatu (SS)

Trainers: 22
3 Professor Oak's Research
3 Potion
3 Switch
3 TV Reporter
3 Rare Candy
3 Elm's Method/Master Ball
3 Moo-Moo/Oran
1 Town Volunteers/Crystal Shard/Weakness Gaurd

Energy: 17
4 Steel Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
6 Water Energy
3 Boost Energy

That's how I'd play the deck. I call it Gojira: Bone Crusher's Return! lol Hope I helped!
-Swampy

Last edited:
I dunno if I like how you took out the middle evolution of aggron. I mean, I hate to have to rely on rare candy to get my aggron out. And I do think using xatu and crawdaunt in the same deck is mixing ideas. I mean, one deck was a great healer, while one was a great attacker, but now that you have mixed the decks, the deck is neither a great healer, nor a great attacker because of the loss of cards that match the deck style. Now it has become a alright healer and a alright attacker. That is why I made two decks. Because I knew that I couldn't combine both ideas and fit all the needed tech and helpers into one deck without having to lose some of the cards that made each deck great. I do like the boost idea. I will try to find a way to put that in. If I face some rayquaza this weekend at my league, I will definitely put in some c. shard. And IMO oracle is better that masterball/elm's method combined. I mean, early game, I will search for evolutions and rare candies, in which both help me there. But near the end of the game, where I am looking for steel energy or a potion or warp, masterball nor elm's method will not help me at all.

But thanks for the comments everyone so far, they always help so much.

In the Xatu version, use Skyridge Natu, instead of the Sandstorm version. I'm not sure you need the Buffer Pieces in either deck.

I find that buffer piece is great in a steel deck because I can use it to limit the damage early on so my basics don't get knocked out and late on so my steel pokemon take less damage combined with the steel. I find it needed in every deck, a staple IMO. But thanks for your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back