4 Life Herb
2 Warp Point
3 Broken Time Space
2 Conductive Quarry
4 Poke-Dex Handy
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Expert Belt
----------------- 30 Trainer/Supporter/Stadium

Alright, I haven't been playing this game for a while but I would like to say that I've been doing some testing and this deck is alright. The strategy is just to get a Steelix out, keep healing it, power it up, and be destructive with it. That's all, anyone got any suggestions?

Last edited:
Just a heads up, you might want to add 1 basic metal energy, because if you play vs a Scizor Prime, you won't have enough basic energy cards to be allowed to attack it, due to its Body.

Anyways, Steelix is pretty solid. I've been running it for a while now and it's been doing very well.
My biggest difference is that I run 3-4 Skarmory UD for energy acceleration, but that's up to you.

You really don't need BTS as you don't have any Stage 2. It's an ok play but it's better suited for Stage 2s.
-2 BTS
+2 Conductive Quarry

To help speed up your deck. It can grab anything since you don't have any Lv. Xs.
-1 BTS
+1 Luxury Ball

You may want to do Poke Healer instead of Life Herb. Poke Healer can also help incase your facing a DGX and it shuts off your body, and they poison you with their own Skuntank.
-4 Life Herb
+4 Poke Healer

You don't really need Azelf as you have multiple of everything. Skarmory is a good starter as it helps power up your Steelix faster.
-1 Azelf
+1 Skarmory

I think a starter is absolutely needed in this deck, be it Skarmory, Jirachi, or Sableye. Even any Pokemon that does a "Call for family" type of attack with the more you can call for, the better you are.

List is pretty good, though I would make some changes. I'm not sure why you are running the Azelf. I think a 2-2 Blissey line and a 4-4 Steelix line is solid enough to validate not having Azelf. The only time it really matters is if Skuntank gets prized and the only match that is absolutely critical in is Gengar and is worthless against all SP. It seems to me that Azelf becomes a wasted deck space such an overwhelming majority of the time that it doesn't do much good. I would also run 4 call and only 2 basic metal (if that is all of the energy you want to run). I think you can do without the Pokedex and the BTS.

---------- Post added 11/26/2010 at 12:55 AM ----------

Just a heads up, you might want to add 1 basic metal energy, because if you play vs a Scizor Prime, you won't have enough basic energy cards to be allowed to attack it, due to its Body.

Anyways, Steelix is pretty solid. I've been running it for a while now and it's been doing very well.
My biggest difference is that I run 3-4 Skarmory UD for energy acceleration, but that's up to you.

Sure you can...attach 2 and energy stream.

I agree entirely that this deck needs a starter.
And just like chrataxe said, it doesnt matter if its Skarmory, Jirachi, or Sableye.

Sure you can...attach 2 and energy stream.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.
I meant to say that you cant use Gaia Crush vs Scizor Prime if you dont have 5 basic energies in your deck to attach to Steelix.

4-4 Steelix Prime
2-2 Blissey PL
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
1 Skuntank G
----------------- 16 Pokemon
4 Basic Metal
4 Special Metal
4 DCE
2 Call Energy
----------------- 14 Energy
4 Bebe's Search
4 Engineer's
1 Palmer's Contribution
4 Life Herb
2 Warp Point
3 Broken Time Space
2 Conductive Quarry
4 Poke-Dex Handy
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Expert Belt
----------------- 30 Trainer/Supporter/Stadium

Alright, I haven't been playing this game for a while but I would like to say that I've been doing some testing and this deck is alright. The strategy is just to get a Steelix out, keep healing it, power it up, and be destructive with it. That's all, anyone got any suggestions?

As someone who has played a little Steelix here and there I think I can speak adequately about this deck. Honestly, you can use Smeargle as a starter. Nothing like Collectering T-1 (especially if you go first). I think you need 4 Call Energy as this deck NEEDS to get an Onix and a Chansey on the field T-1 (See Smeargle comment). I think your collector count is alright. As a good rule of thumb your Collector and Call energy count should total a minimum of 7 card slots for optimized consistency (unless you are playing Machamp or something like that). Sometimes 6 works, but this is a rarity, and 5 usually will be too inconsistent.

I also firmly believe that you need 4 Moo-Moo Milk if you are going to run optimal healing. You can cut the BTS and the Azelf for this. Poke Dex is not necessary either, and you need to replace these 4 with some sort of hand refresh and or disruption like Oak, Judge, Looker's (disruption is great in this deck once you have a Steelix powered up), or Judge for that matter. Quarry is nice, but you could run Ruins of Alph to drop that metal resistance from you opponent's Luxray GL Xs and Magnezones.

Junk Arm can also be helpful as it allows you to not only discard energy for Energy Stream, but also allows you to recover your Life Herbs and Moo Moo Milks. Thats just my input, take it for what it's worth :pokeball: :)

Summary:

- 4 Poke Dex, 1 Azelf, 1-1 Steelix Prime, 3 BTS, 2 Quarry, 2 Basic Metal, 1 Belt, 1 Warp Pont
+ 2 Smeargle, 4 Looker's/Judge (play test and pick), 4 Moo Moo Milk, 2 Ruins of Alph, 2 Call Energy, 2 Junk Arm .

Hope it helps :p

Im definitely loving the Junk Arm idea. you can never have too much healing power, and it helps discard energies.
(plus you can get back any Trainer, not just healing cards!)

Also, Im currently running some Judges in my build, and I cant tell you enough how useful theyve been. There are so many critical points in a match where a simple Judge can really disrupt your opponent. So like tinox6 said, disruption is huge, especially when you have a Steelix setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back