Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Steps to get a good pokemon

thethirdckelly1

I'm very new to this in case everyone hasn't noticed from my multiple "please help me" threads.

This one's about the specific steps that go into ending up with a good overall pokemon. This is based on what I've gathered so far, so please correct the many things that I'm sure will be wrong.

1. Breed untill you get the correct nature and IVs/catch a pokemon with correct nature and good IVs
-Get a male with desired moveset and desired nature and give an Everstone
-Get a female of desired species with desired nature (and possibly deisred moveset) and give an Everstone
-Get many eggs
-Check using the Egg Nature glitch to find which eggs have the desired nature, and hatch them
-Do an IV battle on Wi-Fi to find their IVs
-Pick the best one and use it
-Make sure the pokemon has all the egg moves you're going to want for the final moveset
2. EV train the pokemon with the exp. share or by battling weaker pokemon that give the right EVs
3. Give the pokemon any TMs or tutored moves that are going to be in the final moveset
4. Level up to level 100
5. Give the pokemon an item

Please help with this.

Last edited:
step 1 is by far the hardest, so there's actually multiple steps to getting the right nature/IVs.

you can omit 4 if you're planning to play wifi.

Give Female an Everstone when breeding to increase chance of passing on a nature.

Use a Pokémon with Synchronise to catcha wild Pokémon, and the pokémon caught will have a higher chance of being the same Nature as the Pokémon with Synchronise.

#5 make sure it is a useful item on your pokemon(Don't give a item like Choice Band to a DDtar, as that would be completely useless.). Try to make it 6 different items for a team of 6 Pokemon.

Now to separare down #1 into mini-steps.
1. Get a male with desired moveset and desired nature and give an Everstone
2. Get a female of desired species with desired nature (and possibly deisred moveset) and give an Everstone
3. Get many eggs
4. Check using the Egg Nature glitch to find which eggs have the desired nature, and hatch them
5. Do an IV battle on Wi-Fi to find their IVs
6. Pick the best one and use it

It is also important to think about the X-factor: 3 random IVs from both parents are passed down to the egg, while the other 3 IVs are random. Use it to your advantage.

For step 1, I'd recommend finding some Dittos with the right perfect IVs first and breeding them to get the IVs onto the Pokemon you eventually want. After that, get the proper nature Ditto and breed it to get the desired Female with the Nature and IVs. Then finally, breed it with the desired Male (for egg moves) or another of the same species (or even Ditto if you lack a good male) to get the final result.

For step 1, I'd recommend finding some Dittos with the right perfect IVs first and breeding them to get the IVs onto the Pokemon you eventually want. After that, get the proper nature Ditto and breed it to get the desired Female with the Nature and IVs. Then finally, breed it with the desired Male (for egg moves) or another of the same species (or even Ditto if you lack a good male) to get the final result.

that is what you have to do if you want a perfect pokemon(desired IVs and nature and desired moves) even is sometimes it could be annoting and could take quiet a few hours.

So it doesn't feel left out! :thumb:

I agree on the Dittos. I've been camping a bit, just east of Canalave City.

nah I just do it on Emerald. Duplicate and give them TMs and Masterballs (so I won't be wasting my time) and use the pal park.

that is what you have to do if you want a perfect pokemon(desired IVs and nature and desired moves) even is sometimes it could be annoting and could take quiet a few hours.

Not necessarily, 2-3 to guarantee that you have something nice to use isn't that much time to ask for (I usually do it at night when nothing's on TV). Now what gets REALLY annoying is when the Everstone trick won't cooperate and you can't pass off the right Nature >.>

Steps to Getting a Good (illegitimate) Pokemon:
1. Hack.
2. Get caught.
3. Learn to hack better, in an attempt not to get caught.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until step 3 is the last step.

OK, I've used charmanderrox' steps. I pretty much understand the how to get a good hatch, but what's the egg nature glitch?

If you have and egg, place it in your box. Then in the box to the left or right of it, place another Pokemon in the exact same spot. Right before the Pokemon's Nature is shown press L or R to go to the Egg. It will show the Egg's Nature for a split second while going to the other box.

nah I just do it on Emerald. Duplicate and give them TMs and Masterballs (so I won't be wasting my time) and use the pal park.

Do it on D/P. You can get a good chain to get a lot of Dittos. You can also get a shiny, like I did.

I have an Adamant Ditto with 31 IVs in attack and speed.:clap:

Steps to Getting a Good (illegitimate) Pokemon:
1. Hack.
2. Get caught.
3. Learn to hack better, in an attempt not to get caught.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until step 3 is the last step.

I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing. I'd just say lol, but I don't feel it's adequate enough to capture the true amount of my laughter, nor is rofl, or omhfgtisfh, which of course stands for oh my holy *censored* God that is so *censored* hilarious.

I have an Adamant Ditto with 31 IVs in attack and speed.:clap:

Well good for you.

I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing. I'd just say lol, but I don't feel it's adequate enough to capture the true amount of my laughter, nor is rofl, or omhfgtisfh, which of course stands for oh my holy *censored* God that is so *censored* hilarious.
*takes a bow* Thanks. I was afraid no one would notice it. :biggrin:

Back