Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Stereotypical LuxChomp

IronPika

My brother and I are proxying up a LuxChomp to playtest against for tourneys, but we don't have a list to go off of. I don't really trust the decks up for strategy help, because they obviously aren't perfect. In your opinion, what is the list for a "perfect" LuxChomp? Thanks.

A perfect list, is a list YOU have tested to fit YOUR playstyle, and has the techs YOU want. LuxChomp is so versatile, that it has to fit your playstyle.

That's all I can say for now

//peace

You don't want a 'perfect' teched out Luxchomp list for playtesting against because most Luxchomps you play won't be like that.

You want a decent basic list at first. If you can't beat that then seriously consider running something else. If you can beat it, then you can start testing against the main varients/techs.

:D Where would the fun be if you didn't create the deck list yourself, test it a billion times, and make edits until it suits your playing style?

I'd suggest paging through a few of the Luxchomp lists, take what they have in common, and write up a list. Take whatever techs you feel like throwing in and just playtest it. The perfect deck for someone else is NOT going to be the perfect deck for you, so take some creative liberties man!

Go for it. Have fun with your Luxchomp.

There is a front page article about LuxChomp, and prodigal_fanboy did a really good job on it, but that was before DCE came out. With Collector and DCE, LuxChomp has really changed a lot.

IronPika, here is what I think is a stereotypical LuxChomp list:

2-2 Luxray
2-2 Garchomp
2-1 Uxie
1 Bronzong G
1 Promocroak
2 Crobat G
1 Ambipom G
1 Azelf
1-1 Mewtwo counter
1 Unown Q
1-1 ERL

4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 Poketurn
4 Energy Gain
2 SP-Radar
4 Power Spray
3 Pokemon Collector
1 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
1 Bebe's Search
1 Aaron's Collection
1 Night Maintenance

4 Call Energy
4 DCE
3 Lightning Energy
1 Psychic Energy

You can switch things around to match your playing style. ERL is not always needed; depending on your metagame, the Mewtwo counter could afford to be taken out; you might like Expert Belts, and the list goes on and on.

Thanks, Neki. I looked around for a list on the Archetype forum, but I didn't see any, so I'm guessing you got that from another place I didn't look.

As for the others, I believe you misunderstood me. I'm not looking to make a LuxChomp, I'm not looking to play a LuxChomp, I just want a bare bones, nothing special LuxChomp.

Back