Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

SteveP's Decklist Program Updated for PS

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
http://pokegym.net/decklist

The 'Gym would like to thank longtime member and contributor Steve Perucca for contributing his decklist completion program to the PokéGym!

You've GOT to try it!

It's available at the link above.

And it will be linked in the Deck Help and Strategy Forum -- the text view is AWESOME for organizing your list for Deck Help posts and articles.

We welcome your comments in this thread as to how we can make this feature more helpful to you... and, of course, a great place to say thanks to SteveP.

UPDATE: Steve has provided the latest Stormfront images, all the decklists since DP (submit corrections in this thread) and some updates to older images as well. This is all online at the link above - RELOAD or EMPTY your web browser cache! I had to, in order to see the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, your work is showing up at events from coast to coast, and probably the world over. I saw several lists made with your program at the Salem BR this past Sunday. GREAT WORK! Your efforts have helped both players and organizers alike.

THANKS!!!

BDS

your system is amazing and i see it being a great thing for everyone,especially younger or newer players. thanks for contributing to the game my good man!

-brent

Is there a way to print a blank one and then fill it out by hand without the illegal deck notices?

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I truly appreciate them.

This was originally developed at home as an offline program to run on my browswer. The offline version is really fast compared to the online version, so that's why I'm working feverishly to make it available to download. Obviously, I can't include all the 30MB of graphics (mostly Pokemon images), but will include mostly everything else that the online version has. The favorite pokemon images will be sprite-sized, but I'll provide details on how/where you can go to get bigger images for your favorite pokemon and download them individually. My plan is to have the downloadable version available in a zip file by Wednesday night or sooner at my wife's website, then later here.

Stay tuned.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Is there a way to print a blank one and then fill it out by hand without the illegal deck notices?
I'm hearing from more and more players who'd like the option to turn the errors off. I will definately consider a way to do that, maybe as an option when the Print Preview first comes up, much like the SET-# confirmation box that pops up just before going to TEXT VIEW.

Also, I noticed that my Google toolbar blocks the TEXT VIEW popup, but not the other popups. Just disable popups for that session, and I'll see what I can do to the software to fix that.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Also, any way you could, for example, have the option to list Magnezone Lv. X as either Magnezone or Magnezone Lv. X? I prefer not to include the "Lv. X", since it's not part of the card name, but I'm aware that it's normal to specify Lv. Xs.

Thanks.

Also, any way you could, for example, have the option to list Magnezone Lv. X as either Magnezone or Magnezone Lv. X? I prefer not to include the "Lv. X", since it's not part of the card name, but I'm aware that it's normal to specify Lv. Xs.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. If you delete the LvX from the card on the entry page, the SET-# resets to blank. I guess you can retype the SET-# after it resets.

This kind of customization will become available in the future when someone creates the ability to export to a Word or editable PDF.

A Java version might be coming in the future that would allow a lot more features than JavaScript can handle. But for now, I'm limited in what I can do.

The program FLIES when using Mozilla's Firefox browser. I highly recommend using it to run this program. You can download Firefox for free at:

http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Running the program on Internet Explorer can sometimes be slow (the pop-up card suggestion list). I'm trying to figure out why that's so, and to fix it. It might just be IE's security settings. The offline, downloadable version should remedy that sluggish performance.

The program FLIES when using Mozilla's Firefox browser. I highly recommend using it to run this program. You can download Firefox for free at:

http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Running the program on Internet Explorer can sometimes be slow (the pop-up card suggestion list). I'm trying to figure out why that's so, and to fix it. It might just be IE's security settings. The offline, downloadable version should remedy that sluggish performance.

Last edited:
I saw the first mention of this on the 'gym a little over a week ago and sent the link to many of the kiddos and their parents from my league. It was a huge hit! The kids love little things like picking their favorite Pokemon and the parents love the images because many of them do not understand the different sets, etc. We saw a lot of printouts from your program at the Columbus-area BRs.

Thanks for your hard work and for sharing it with the community! And thanks for placing it on the 'gym so everyone can easily find it!

Steve I love the program! The auto complete is just a-mazing!

I still don't like having the set numbers listed for trainers and energy though. The old decklists had those but POP changed it last season. I would much rather have the program list things just like the current POP decklists do, with nothing beside trainers and checkboxes for special vs normal energy.

Steve I love the program! The auto complete is just a-mazing!

I still don't like having the set numbers listed for trainers and energy though. The old decklists had those but POP changed it last season. I would much rather have the program list things just like the current POP decklists do, with nothing beside trainers and checkboxes for special vs normal energy.
Your comment is noted. The print preview excludes the set-#'s. However, due to the need for required references for older PlusPowers, Darkness specials, and Metal specials, my program needs to know that information. Plus, the VIEW CARDS functionality needs to know the set-#'s too in order to properly display things.

Let's say you have 4 PlusPowers, all from different sets, including old base set ones (the one that requires an outside reference). If you just put 4 PlusPowers from DP on the decklist, that's "tricking" the deck checking algorithm into thinking you have all legal cards (no outside reference required).

My software is trying to make it easier for the deck checkers as well as the players, so removing the set-#'s from the entry screen is not really an option.

The next release will have the option to turn off the deck check display. Be warned though, if you turn in a decklist from this program without the deck check section, PTOs might not like that.

Regarding the basic/special checkbox, my program does specify the energy type in the card description. It's just a bit different than the POP PDF. But, I hear your comments. I might change the print preview to mimic that feature of POPs PDF (change the words "basic" and "special" to checkmarks on the right-side of the column.

Anyway, I recommend not altering the card names and suggested set-#'s on the entry screen. Let the program do what it's made to do -- help find issues/errors on your list, and list/show "exactly" what you have in your deck.

The problem is that having set numbers actually makes it harder for both the deck builder and the deck checker (and yes I've done both) IMHO.

I *don't* need to know if the person has a DP Rowans and one from a later set. The number of cards needing references is tiny in comparison with the number of cards printed in multiple legal sets and those from older sets that need no reference at all.

Update:

Version 1.4 is up at my wife's website. I'm doing some final testing before giving the update to PokeGym and others hosting this program. You're welcome to check it out at: www.nancyweb.com/pokemon-decklist/index.htm

The changes are:

- Users have the option to show the Deck List Check on the Print Preview. (Be warned - PTOs probably won't like it if you to turn in printouts from this program without the Deck List Check on the page.)

- Basic and Special energies now have the check mark on the Print Preview (recommended by vanderbilt_grad and others)

- Minor tweaks to performance and displays.

The problem is that having set numbers actually makes it harder for both the deck builder and the deck checker (and yes I've done both) IMHO.

I *don't* need to know if the person has a DP Rowans and one from a later set. The number of cards needing references is tiny in comparison with the number of cards printed in multiple legal sets and those from older sets that need no reference at all.
Point noted. I can't change the deck entry screen, but I suppose I could add the option to merge duplicate entries into 1 line item on the Print Preview. So, in your opinion, what should be the "default" on the Print Preview screen? List them as entered (line-for-line), or merge duplicates? Obviously, I probably wouldn't merge anything that requires an outside reference.

Anyway, I'm kind of leaving it up to the user about how he/she wants to use this program to create a deck list. Believe it or not, I actually have scans of all the basic energies from the various sets. By default, I turn that off so that users are presented with only one version of basic energy (the non-set version found in the latest theme decks and the POP 8 packs). But, in the offline version (available very soon), users can turn that feature on. I don't see a reason why, but that's how I built this program -- users should have the ability to depict their deck, card-by-card. Whether they do that or not is up to them.

Finally, regarding the multiple version question, the user can obviously just put 4 Potions on his/her list from any set. The VIEW CARDS window won't display accurately, but maybe they don't care. It's their choice.

Let me check into the "merge duplicates" option for the Print Preview, and I'll return and report back later...

Last edited:
I disagree with V-G and prefer the program just as it is in this respect.

The reminder of the older card needing outside references is great.

Sometimes making it simple is not making it easy.

Steve, I am sure a lot of thought went into your options and apps. Don't be so quick to take them away or "dumb down" the program on request.

Vince

I disagree with V-G and prefer the program just as it is in this respect.

Sometimes making it simple is not making it easy.

Steve, I am sure a lot of thought went into your options and apps. Don't be so quick to take them away or "dumb down" the program on request.

Vince
Yeah Vince, I'm pretty firm on some things about the program.

I've updated the program to allow some options that don't "break" the intent to create an error-free decklist for players and PTOs. The program is still in testing at my wife's website, but you can check it out anyway.

By default, the print preview will show any errors and issues with the entered data. However, any attempt to turn off the error listing will present a warning to the user. Additionally, PTOs will definately notice any decklists without the Deck List Check listing, which should raise a "red flag."

The offline version is basically ready - just some final testing before tomorrow night's upload to my wife's website. Other than Pokemon sprites for the favorite pokemon feature, I've decided to make the "lite" version identical to the full online version. I'll provide details of how you can download larger images into the images/pokemon/ folder where all the image files are stored.

BTW, the beta-version is NOT here at PokeGym (gotta test-out any bugs), but you can go here to preview/test it:

www.nancyweb.com/pokemon-decklist/index.htm

The only thing really new is the "Options" tab at the top. This will probably expand a bit as I think of new options to add.

Later...

Last edited:

What Vince said!

It does alter what we are used to with Trainer/Supporter/Stadia in general, i.e. if I have 4 versions of Rare Candy, all are legal, I just put 4 Rare Candy on the list. However, being able to show your old Plus Power requires a reference... wow!

Back