Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

bangiras

Regarding this post: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67577, I don't think Ariados' text is meant to be self-referential.

Here is Ariados' text:
おたがいのポケモン全員(アリアドスはのぞく)のにげるエネルギーは、それぞれ1個ぶんずつ多くなる。
The Retreat Cost for all Pokemon on both sides (excluding Ariados) becomes 1 Energy more apiece.

This wording is unusual, because normally if a Japanese card refers to itself, it will say このポケモン (this Pokemon) or 自分 (itself) instead of the Pokemon's name. When a Pokemon's name is used, it refers to cards with that name and not the individual Pokemon. English cards usually translate this to "any [name of pokemon]".

Pokemon-card.com's FAQ doesn't touch on the specific situation of Ariados MT vs Ariados MT, but I did find some rulings which make me think that Ariados MT can't be affected by another Sticky Poke-Body.

場にポケボディー「べたつき」がはたらいているアリアドスが2匹いるときに、おたがいのアリアドス以外のポケモンのにげるエネルギーは2個ずつふえるのですか?
When 2 Ariados with working "Sticky" Poke-Bodies are in play, the Retreat Costs of Pokemon other than Ariados on both sides are increased by 2 Energy apiece?

はい、2個ずつ増えます。
Yes, they're increased by 2 Energy apiece.
ポケボディー「べたつき」をもたないアリアドスや、わるいアリアドスは、にげるに必要なエネルギーが1個多くなりますか?
For Ariados without the "Sticky" Poke-Body, and Dark Ariados, does the Energy required to retreat become 1 Energy more?

わるいアリアドスのにげるエネルギーは、1個多くなります。
ポケボディー「べたつき」をもたないアリアドスのにげるエネルギーは、多くなりません。
The Retreat Cost of Dark Ariados becomes 1 Energy more.
The Retreat Cost of Ariados without the "Sticky" Poke-Body doesn't become more.

I think Sticky should say, "The Retreat Cost for each player's Pokemon (excluding any Ariados) is :colorless more." Can we get a check on this?

Back