Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Stinging Wind CC Deck maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm thinking of creating this deck, I want to find out if its worthwile to buy the cards necessary to make it, as of now I need 10.

Pokemon (25)
2 Mareep Expedition
1 Mareep Aqua
2 Flaaffy Exped
1 Flaaffy Aqua
1 Amphy Exped
2 Amphy EX
2 Tackle Seedots
2 Suprise Seedots
4 Nuzleaf (2 of Each)
4 Fan Away Shiftry
2 Plus Energy Skitty
1 Minor Errand Running Skitty
1 Energy Draw Delcatty

Energies (18)
8 Grass
8 Lightning
2 Boost

Trainers (16)
4 Rare Candy
2 Poiton
2 Copycat
1 Oracle
2 Shaman
2 Birch
1 Wally's Training
1 Briney
1 TV Reporter

My Idea is to force the opponent to reattach energy with Fan Away Shiftry and do damage when they do attach with Conductivity Amphy. If Muk EX comes out, it can be easily KO'd with all the others other than Shiftry.

Cooltrainer Aaron said:
OK, I'm thinking of creating this deck, I want to find out if its worthwile to buy the cards necessary to make it, as of now I need 10.

Pokemon (25)
2 Mareep Expedition
1 Mareep Aqua
2 Flaaffy Exped
1 Flaaffy Aqua
1 Amphy Exped
2 Amphy EX
2 Tackle Seedots
2 Suprise Seedots
4 Nuzleaf (2 of Each)
4 Fan Away Shiftry
2 Plus Energy Skitty
1 Minor Errand Running Skitty
1 Energy Draw Delcatty

Energies (18)
8 Grass
8 Lightning
2 Boost

Trainers (16)
4 Rare Candy
2 Poiton
2 Copycat
1 Oracle
2 Shaman
2 Birch
1 Wally's Training
1 Briney
1 TV Reporter

My Idea is to force the opponent to reattach energy with Fan Away Shiftry and do damage when they do attach with Conductivity Amphy. If Muk EX comes out, it can be easily KO'd with all the others other than Shiftry.

This idea sounds cool. I've never actually seen it played, but it could work in skilled hands (assuming you have those :p) so let's start.

25 Pokemon is a lot of pokemon. A lot. So let's narrow down the evo line choices. The Surprise Attack Seedots are unneccessary, and maybe risky to play because of the lightning energy involved in the deck. So let's make it three tackle seedot, and three leaf, all with stun spore. Stun spore's versitility with it's energy cost is key in multi color decks, especially with the para bonus. Lower the Shiftry to three. So a 4-3-3 line for the Seedot family.

As for the Mareeps, you seem to like the Expedition, so go for it. I don't really have a suggestion, because none are spectacular, and none are good. So 3 Expedition of those. The Flaffy's...ah...go with the Expedition. You're going to want Amphy out turn two, however, so only put in two. Two Amphy EX and one Amphy Expedition should do it in case you need to power up a surprise Shiftry really fast late game or something completely random and weird. So a 2-2 Skitty line. That makes 22 Pokemon. Ah, much better.

Energy: I'm assuming Shiftry or Amphy could be the main attacker, so let's make the energy more in favor of grass types, since they require two in this case (Light Touch throw needs GGCC and Amphy's attack need LCC). Nine grass and seven lightning. Two boost...make it three. Nine plus seven plus three equals nineteen, so there is room for nineteen trainers.

The trainers aren't very focused. There are many singles and some cards that clash with the theme. This is where the most help is needed, but don't fear. Four rare candy is always good. This deck's supporters should go like...
3 TV Reporter
3 Oracle
3 PETM
2 Birch

Which means so far we have room for four more cards. Put in four gold berry (I wish). No seriously. Put in four potion and that should be it.

Here's the new list:

22 Pokemon
4 Seedot
3 Nuzleaf
3 Shiftry
3 Mareep
2 Flaffy
2 Amphy EX
1 Amphy Expedition
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty

19 Energy
9 Grass
7 Lightning
3 Boost

19 Trainers
3 Reporter
3 Oracle
3 PETM
2 Birch
4 Candy
4 Potion

Done! Keep working on it and hope you do well at CC's!

problem, don't have most of those cards, I only have 1 oracle. I agree that I should switch to Tackle Seedots, but I'd rather keep one Suprise in. I agree with Stun Spore one, but I'd like to have 3 of those and 1 of the other, and keep 4 Shiftry as the powerhouse lineup do increase my chances of blowing away energies. The swap a Skitty with a Delcatty is sound as well, nice idea. I only have 1 Reporter and 1 Oracle. I'd like to concentrate my funds on the rare cards I don't have.

So.....
Pokemon (25)
4 Seedot
4 Nuzleaf
4 Shiftry
3 Mareep
3 Flaaffy
2 Ampharos EX
1 Amphy Exped
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty

Energies (19)
9 Grass
7 Lightning
3 Boost

Trainers (16)
4 Rare Candy
2 Poiton
2 Copycat
1 Oracle
2 Shaman
2 Birch
1 Wally's Training
1 Briney
1 TV Reporter

Cooltrainer Aaron said:
I was considering that, but I need 4 Shiftrys, how am I gonna get 4?
There's always multiple auctions. :D

If you do get the needed cards I would suggest using Wooper's fix, great fix. Only one minor change though. Instead of the Expedition Flaaffys use Dragon's Flaaffy, the first attack works great considering you are using Delcatty.

Since my post was eaten the otehr day, I will try to respond now.... First off, nice deck idea, how did it come to you? lol.....

Second, I would run it like this... or as close as possible...

26 Pokes
4 Dunsparce
2 Wynaut
2 Wobbers
4 Seedot (dont matter, preffer Suprise myself)
4 Nuzzles (Prefer Stun)
4 Shiftry (all Holo)
2 Mareep (DR?)
2 Flaffy (DR?)
2 Amphy EX

18 Trainers
3 Oracle/Prof Elms Training
3 Reporter/Birch
2 Fast Balls
1 Town Volunteers
1 Fisherman
3 Briney/Non Supporter healing
3 Shaman/Oaks Research/Copycat
2 Switch/Grass Cubes

14 Energy
4 Multi
3 Psy
7 Grass

Now the idea is to start with Sparce, set up bench with turn 2 Wynaut, and swarm away... After thinking about it last night, Shaman is perfect for this deck.... Down right brutal!!! You put all their energy in hand then Shaman them back into there deck, this way they likely lose all/most energy they just had.... You loose the abilty to add ER2 which helps this deck, but Amphy's Power covers that up... Plus its Metal Resistance will be helpfull, Grass and Psy take care of 2/3's of Amphy's Fighting weakness... So they team up semi nicely. I think that Exp Amphy isnt usefull to this deck, 2/2/2 line with Sparce/Wynaut is managable. You need space for up to 4 Shiftry (3 minimum) a Amphy EX, and a Wobbers (let Sparce be sacced or Briney it for the last spot...)

this is just my interpretation of how the deck idea I came up with should be run, more or less.... my 2 cents...

Thanks Shift, but really it's all in the line of duty :D . But anyway, Aaron, you can't just throw in a random Wally's Training and Shaman and all of that stuff. You need to concentrate your trainers. And I am going to say this one more time, and then never again (actually that was a lie, I prolly will say it, and a million times at that) :

NEVER USE WALLY'S TRAINING IN AN EXPEDITION-ON FORMAT.

PETM is so so so much better and there is absolutely no aspect of gameplay in which Wally's Training excels as of now. At anything. Elm's Training Method allows you to search for any evolution card. ANY evolution card. Please don't make me say this again, because Wally's Training will only be used when Expedition rotates out and we start over with R&S or whatever Nintendo decides to do. Oracle, Birch, etc. can be easily traded for.

Aaron, trainers are arguably the most important partt of any deck. Granted, you also need Pokemon and Energy to make it work, but trainers are what make the deck run. So don't be complaining that you only have one oracle (BTW how can I get that from you, I have none) and only one of this or that, because trainers not only must be included and focused in a deck to get it to perform at maximum potential, but also cost less than Holo Shiftrys. :p So don't think trainers aren't as important as the pokemon or energy. They are all important.

Heres a stragety.Put 1 or 2 Dragon Flaffys in.Put 4 Energy Switches in.The strategy is to get energys on flaffy.Then use Energy Switch to get the extras on to other pokemon.

FINALLY!!! MY MASTERPIECE IS COMPLETE!!!!

Turns out I did have some usefull supporters to put in, so here's the final decklist.

Energies (19)
1 Boost
2 Cyclone (heh, no more Boost's but this'll work)
7 Electric
9 Grass

Pokemon (25)
3 Tackle Seedot
1 Surprise Seedot
3 Stun Spore Nuzleaf
1 Steady Punch Nuzleaf
4 Fan Away Shiftry
1 Mareep DR
1 Mareep Aqua
1 Mareep Exped
1 Flaaffy Aqua
2 Flaaffy Exped
2 Amphy EX
1 Amphy Exped
1 PlusE Skitty
1 Errand Skitty
2 EDraw Delcatty

Trainers (16)
1 Birch
1 Fisherman
1 Oracle
2 Desert Shaman
1 TV Reporter
1 Briney
2 PETM (yay I actually had some)
4 Rare Candies
2 Potion
1 Mystery Plate

I know u all must be saying "What's this? The Cooltrainer is actually using Supporters for once?" Ya, I took your advice guys, I have 9 Supporters in my deck. I still have the others that will be very usefull while still keeping most of the other cards I was planning on using. I found out I only had one Boost Enery (waah), so Cyclone acts as a GOW. I like to put in a little variety in my cards, so I put at least one of each version of the cards available in it that are actually usefull

CTAron, while Rare Candy sounds like a great idea, it really isnt. Since this was ripped from my Speed Shiftry, I will take the librety to explain. Simply put, Wynaut doesnt search for Rare Candy. Since it canot, maxing Nuzzles and droping Candy is for the best. Use Sparce to set up turn 2 Wynaut, use the remaining turns to rapidly search for your Shiftry evos. Generally everyone is so into the set up now, allowing 2-3 or more searches before Wynaut needs to evolve to Wobbers. Thats a minimum of 1 Shiftry, and 1 Nuzzle waiting to evolve to Shiftry with only 2 turns. First search, 1 energy/Nuzzle, second, 2 energy/Nuzzle#2 and Shiftry, after that, do the same for getting a third Shiftry or Amphy at this point, and get your Wobbers.... hopefully getting 3. Once your set up, or Wynaut is about to be KOed, thats when Wobbers step in and begins the assualt. I find this deck rather amusing if set up... Return there energy, and let it do 10 damage everytime they have to attach... too funny.... to bad Blazekin Slaughters it.......

Here's an idea I'm toying with, Taking out the 2 Poitons and putting in a LPS and Ancient Ruins. LPS for a quick HP boost, and combine Ancient Ruins with Delcatty to get all the cards I need.

Cooltrainer Aaron said:
Here's an idea I'm toying with, Taking out the 2 Poitons and putting in a LPS and Ancient Ruins. LPS for a quick HP boost, and combine Ancient Ruins with Delcatty to get all the cards I need.

Healing is important, but LPS's advantage, especially in this deck, which takes advantage of both benifits, also provides somewhat of an HP boost, so:

-2 Potion
+2 LPS

I would put in my other suggestions for trainers, but you don't seem to want to change them, so there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back