Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Stormfront decks

gashmoigidy

What decks do you think will be the best once stormfront is released? Do you think it will change everything or just add support?

*heck* yeah it will change things. Here will be the new archetypes (note: a lot of stuff with Heatran Lv.X):

Lumineon/Cresselia Lv.X/Dusknoir/Azelf Lv.X (Random, but it will work wonders)
Heatran Lv.X/Magmortar Lv.X
Gengar/Dusknoir
Heatran/Charizard
Shaymin Lv.X/Leafeon Lv.X
Heatran Lv.X/Magnezone Lv.X
Raichu Lv.X (possibly)
Tyranitar/Togekiss
Regigigas Lv.X (possibly)
Heatran Lv.X/Infernape

And there you have it! There is no single dominant deck. However, I feel that Gengar/Dusknoir and Tyranitar/Togekiss will be the strongest. Some current decks, like Kingdol, will still work well.

Basically, there are so many good cards in IFDS that the metagame will probably go to *heck*. :lol:

Last edited:
I agree with you politoed on one thing, the IFDS/Stormfront T-Tar will make a powerful deck, but not sure if togekiss will be the one to work with it, I think it's gonna be T-tar/Sableye/Darkrai/X for max damage and a little stall and control

I love the shaymin stuff though, that could be a fun, and powerful deck as well.

I agree with you politoed on one thing, the IFDS/Stormfront T-Tar will make a powerful deck, but not sure if togekiss will be the one to work with it, I think it's gonna be T-tar/Sableye/Darkrai/X for max damage and a little stall and control

I love the shaymin stuff though, that could be a fun, and powerful deck as well.

Eh, but Togekiss helps T-Tar get the neccessary energy it need to do its attack.

True, weavile/darkrai good combo! darkrai X IS needed: instead of 100 dmg, it boosts it to 150!!

The problem I had with togekiss was it worked once, but if you didn't get nrg in those 10 you drew, you had to rely on SSU and a flip of the coin, to get it up and do it again, or roseannes', which I'd much rather use to get basics. Trust me, I want this deck BBAAAADD!!!, but I want to also do mass dmg, and darkrai X is great for that, then of course moonlight stadium, but you all know that drill

T-Tar will be great, but im excited for Torterra/Cherim. Using the new Torterra, getting a pile of Cherrim on the bench is easy, then level up and away you go, since Torterra's type becomes Grass with the LvX regardless of the card beneath it (Based on earlier meta-rulings)

Im also excited about Sabelye for obvious reasons, and Dialga to make Rhyperior work.

I think Gengar is going to be the best, but if I can find a way to make Garchomp still a good idea, I'll probably use it.

I thought that shaymin isn't being made next set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It said so on pokebeach. It's going to go along with the release of the next pokemon movie. Isn't it?

Raichu Lv.X isn't 'possibly'. Level up and kill two claydols? Yes please. :lol:

^Jeez, way too many exclamation marks(ow). And DUR, that was obvious. We aren't getting it,
along with Giratina.

Raichu Lv.X isn't 'possibly'. Level up and kill two claydols? Yes please. :lol:

^Jeez, way too many exclamation marks(ow). And DUR, that was obvious. We aren't getting it,
along with Giratina.

What!!!!!! were not getting giratina:eek: i had MEGA plans for that card :nonono::nonono:
i think that anything with shaymin lvX (torttera, leafeon) will be killer

My testing revealed Palkia Lv.X to be a more effective partner with Magnezone Lv.X than Heatran Lv.X. Heatran Lv.X is good and does work with Magnezone Lv.X, but Palkia Lv.X is just better.

maiby this???

i make a deck with magnezone lvx, elektivire lvx and bronzong (metal)

it works +/-, may i did an experiment with the new magnezone, that may search a thunder or metal pokemon with he's pokepower, and with the stadium electric reef . it works very better, here's a decklist

3 magnemite
2 magneton
2 magnezone dp
1 magnezone sf
1 magnezone LVX

3 elektabuzz
3 elektivire sw
1 elektivire LVX

3 bronzor
2 bronzong
_____________+
21 pokemon

4 special metal energy
3 basic metal energy
6 thunder energy
4 call energy
_____________+
17 energy

2 bebe's search
3 prof rowan
3 cynthia's feelings
4 pokeradar
2 night maintenance
2 premier ball
3 electric reef
3 rare candy

_____________+
22 trainers

___+

if you can make this deck beter, send it...

we don't get shaymin next set. It is being pushed for the movie. SOme evidence is that they have done it before an that stormfront has 100 cards where IFDS has 108

Ror

i make a beter deck with furret. her's a new decklist...

3 magnemite
2 magneton
2 magnezone dp
1 magnezone sf
1 magnezone LVX

3 elektabuzz
3 elektivire sw
1 elektivire LVX

2 bronzor
2 bronzong

4 sentret
3 furet
_____________+
27 pokemon

4 special metal energy
3 basic metal energy
5 thunder energy
4 call energy
_____________+
16 energy

3 bebe's search
4 prof rowan
3 night maintenance
2 premier ball
2 electric reef
3 rare candy

_____________+
17 trainers

____+

I can't believe no one's mentioned the new Empoleon, possibly one of the best cards in the set. Machamp, too, will be top tier, yet no one's said a word about it..

I can't believe no one's mentioned the new Empoleon, possibly one of the best cards in the set. Machamp, too, will be top tier, yet no one's said a word about it..
Empoleon's power only works if it's active while leveling up, so no, it won't be that good. Machamp has psychic weakness and would be a bad choice with all that Gengars and Dusknoirs around.

I predict Dusknoir to be BDIF. It can do almost everything, as long as you find a way to get your energy faster, and there are lots of.

Back