Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Stunfisk/Aerodactyl & Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaterpiesAreOP

I'm going to get this out there and say I did not come up with this deck. My friend Matthew69 on ptcgo told me something about a stunfisk aerodactyl deck that Cabd had used before. I thought it was a good idea so I put together my own build.

:pokeball: Pokemon (12):
4 Stunfisk
4 Aerodactyl
2 Terrakion NV
2 Groudon EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
4 Old Amber Aerodactyl
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Energy Switch
3 Heavy Ball
3 Switch
3 Exp. Share
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod
4 N
3 Juniper
3 Cheren
3 Twist Mountain

Energy (12):
12 Basic Fighting Energy

So the main strat of this deck is to spread/troll your opponent then hit for big numbers. Put 20 damage (Or 60 if you can get 4 Aerodactyls into play) on your opponent's active then hit something on the bench for 20. Anything active with 20 damage, you can Giant claw for 120 (Or 160 again, DAT DACTYL). Terra is in there because he's Terra, he's a good friend of everyone except for people playing Darkrai or Eels.

There's a lot you can do with Stunfisk, you can donk Tynamos, Zoruas with 1 Aero in play. You can catcher pokemon in and rumble them to death, your opponent won't be able to retreat unless they play a switch (Works best against darkrai/hydreigon imo, the deck doesn't play switch.). I remember playing against a Rayquaza Eels and my opponent used up all his switches so I just used rumble his active Quaza until he decked out (He had a whole bench set up, I had only taken 1 prize. He had taken 5. Lol).

Anyways I thought I'd just share my build with you guys, I've gone 19-16 with this deck online (1 match the game froze,). I'm open to constructive criticism.

ran something similiar to this for br
rough list
mewtwo ex
tornadus (reg and ex)
groundon ex
terrakion (reg and ex)
aerodactyl
landorus
stunfisk
excadrill

some of these i added or dropped as br went on, think I ended 9 wins out of 17 games.
while stunfisk is nice I believe it will be replaced by landorus ex in this deck when it comes out in nov

Landorus looks pretty sweet. The only catch is that you give up 2 prizes versus 1. Kind of funny that Landorus EX has 3 retreat and the normal has 1.

Here's the actual list I played Matt with.

2 Groudon EX
4 Aerodactyl
4 Stunfisk DRX
1 Terrakion NVI

1 Energy Retreival
2 Energy Switch
2 Heavy Ball
2 Max Potion/Potion/SSU (it varies depending on my mood, haha)
4 Pluspower
4 Pokémon Catcher
1 Super Rod
4 Switch
1 Tool Scrapper

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca
2 Cheren

2 Twist Mountain
2 Eviolite
2 EXP share

10 Fighting Energy

My build, which is currently 33-8, focuses more on the stunfisk and Groudon combo, and the Aerodactyl is just a bonus. I don’t run old amber and the like because I’d rather go for that agro first turn. Between super rod and good coin luck, I can usually get out 2-3 Aerodactyl anyways.

4 Stunfisk
4 Aerodactyl
2 Terrakion NV
2 Groudon EX

Your pokemon Line is ok

4 Old Amber Aerodactyl
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Energy Switch
3 Heavy Ball
3 Switch
3 Exp. Share
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod
4 N
3 Juniper
3 Cheren
3 Twist Mountain

-1 OAA
+1 Juniper
the reason is, from past Exp, you are going to have aleast 0-1 aero prized and atleast 1-2 in your hand most of the time. I would add juniper casue basically every deck has 4 Juniper 4 N, 2-3 Bianca/Cheren and atleast 2-3 random reciever.

other than that you are good to go i think

Nice Cabd. I was really curious to see your build.

I'm thinking of dropping an old amber and maybe a twist mountain for 2 more supporters. Will try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back