Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Stupid Official replies outside or inside the US

ukpokemonpro

Okay Michel suggested we have a thread about stupid replies from International Distributors about Pokemon.

Well I propose we go a little further and include the whole world US not excluded :) Heck maybe a first eh guys and gals ;)

So here are some of the stupid(er) quotes from the Outside the US thread .. feel free to add your own:

The other day we (our card place) talked to Nintendo Australia about why we weren't getting anything much at all from them (Promos, sets, anything), and they had absolutely no idea what we were talking about - almost like "card game? what card game?"...

Nintendo has announced the New Media as a partner in Italy. I've sended an email to New Media about Tournaments and League. The New Media courtesly answered that is only a distributor and don't know "who" will support the organized play.

..we can not get any information from Nintendo Australia. As a gum leader myself, I have called up nintendo and they did not even know that there was an EX game out there (At least their customer service anyway)

This message of Prof Dave is in contradiction with the info we got from out National Distributor, so who must i believe. For a fact our distributor was not allowed to print any promotional material like windowclings to promote the R/S pokemoncards. There were some other things which i'm not allowed to publish which are in total opposit what the "official" source is saying.

there are no Nintendo Leagues in Europe yet. All Leagues currently running in Europe are completely unofficial. They are fan based, and aren't sanctioned or prize supported by PUI. So we won't get League listings before the official Nintendo Leagues start all over the continent.

According to our national distributor, we can start league next week, materials should be in by then.
(Distr) We are going to have a prerelease Dragon-EX and up to 15 locations.We want max 300 players involved
(Me). I told you last week that 2 or 3 locations is enough to start with. I asked him did you really ordered 2000 boosters it became very quit. When he found his voice again he asked what do you mean, I don't need that many.

(Me) 300 players need 6 boosters each so that's 1800 and 1 full box for the winner in each location means about another 520 more.

Okay now then anyone else have some stupid(er) quotes from Pokemon Officialdom?

Nintendo UK said:
...Its company policy not to respond to emails and telephone calls.....

a uk distributor said:
...what is pokemon?

..we don't deal with the public...

Prof Dave said:
its 30 league kits

...you can't have any because some shops don't have them either..

Jimmer said:
the free retreat Marill has no significant impact on play

PUI said:
don't quote me I'll deny it all

:-D

Man, IS MARRIL really running 'Muk over there?

:p

>_<
That Nintendo UK one... i can see the irony just oOozing from that one...

Last edited:
PokePop said:
This fits better in the Random Topic Center as humor, so moving it there.

:t:

um no pop i think there being serious and not joking around, if i were them and i saw your comment it would seriously make me mad. I can completely sympatise with there situation and i belive this topic should STAY right here so that PUI can see it, cause lets face it this is where everyone looks the most

IMO what is NEWS worthy of this?

AND UKP has a wicked sense of humor, I hope this is ONE way of coping with their difficulties.

Uh BUT if its here PUI HAS to pay attention?
We hope but I don't know why they are obligated to do so.

C'mon... we all know those ABSURD corpororate PARTY line Customer DisService Non-answers.

Funny, yet so aggravating...

Last edited:
Me wicked ;)

Well it is halloween (nearly) and damn that Gengar he made me post it in News and I knew it should be here in the RTC now seriously lets get back to that FUN!

PS. we have heard Pre-release is coming either weekend 15/16 or 22/23 November and League kits maybe from next week.

:) But then again that is an unofficial annpuncement ... damn Gengar made me take this off-topic too .. :(

I wouldn't put too much weight on "grammatical errors". Remember, these are, in many cases, translations from other languages and by people for whom English is a second language.

And in much of the world, 's' is used instead of 'z' for words like that. We're the ones that are funky in using a z.

WHoa perhaps progress?

BUT then again I'll be a doubting Thomas...

I want to READ when YOU FINALLY have something in your HANDS...

THAT would definitely qualify as NEWS!!!

PokePop said:
Remember, these are, in many cases, translations from other languages and by people for whom English is a second language.

Pop has a point here. In many places (like Europe), they will spell their words differently than we do. We might say "color" and they will say "colour" (I think thats how its spelled. No offense if I spelled it wrong).

As for this thing about it being humor, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't quallify this stuff as humor. Companies do make excuses to customers in most cases because the company doesn't want to admit that they screwed up. I've had the same thing happen to me many times, as well as my parents. I think that this should stay in the TCG News because this seems to be more of a concern than anything else.

Back