Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sueño deck 2.0 (please review)

Status
Not open for further replies.

takkun 08

I played a deck back in the days of fr/lg and emerald that was based on keeping the defending pokemon asleep, while dealing massive damage at the chances of them staying asleep. It used rockets mewtwo ex, grumpig lines from fr/lg, hypo lines from fr/lg, and chansey from the same set. It sounds no good, I know, and it was frequently laughed at for lack of consistency, but overall it go the job done. It was fun to play, and very much my style of play. I have recently made a new, more effective deck, with the same premise.

3-1 Alakazam 4 lv. X
4 darkrai g
4 espeon 4
4 froslass gl
4 aaron's collection
4 bertha's warmth
4 lucian's assignment
4 sp radar
4 special dark energy
4 sp energy
20 psychic energy

Sp radar can find any pokemon since they're all sp, alakazam lv. X is the main attacker, after putting the opponent to sleep with any of the other pokemon, while keeping the darkrais on the bench and dealing 10 damage per darkrai for everytime they stay asleep betweeb turns. Please and thank you.

-4 Bertha's Warmth
+4 Energy Gain
-2 Aaron's Collection
-2 Lucian's Assignment
+4 Poke Turn
- 4 Psychic Energy
+4 Cyrus's Conspiracy

If you're interested in a deck based around sleep, I would reccomend taking a look at some Darkrai Lv. X / Darkrai G combo decks. :]

This is the deck I built last month when I decided to get back into the game. My record with it is around 18-2. 1 loss to a really good Gengar deck as it was my first game played in over 2 years, and the other to a Mewtwo Lv X "proxy"
Have fun!

Pokemon - 17
1 Crobat G
4 Darkrai G
2 Froslass GL
2 Honchkrow G
2 Weavile G
1 Houndoom G
1 Skuntank G
2 Darkrai MD
1 Darkrai Lv X
1 Unown G

Energy - 13
4 Darkness
4 Basic Dark
2 Psychic
3 Call

Trainers - 30
3 Galactic HQ
4 Cyrus's Conspiricy
1 Flint's
2 Roseanne's
2 Underground Exp
4 Pokedex
1 Night Maint
2 Power Spray.
2 SP Radar
4 E. Gain
4 Poke Turn
1 Switch

I've really been enjoying my run of things, I haven't lost with it yet, but I'm rarely getting out alakazam lv x. Should I run 2-2?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I also enjoy playing the deck because every retreat cost of my sleep inducing pokemon is one, so I can constantly rotate so that none of them feint.

Last edited:
I think you should look into trying the trainer changes Burmy suggested or similar to my list first and go from there. If you use the SP trainer engine you will find that the deck can be much more flexible and reliable.

Also you should check the general deck building guides on this site, they are very helpful. You don't need 28 energy in your deck, and the guides will help explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back