Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Suggestions for a team on Black 2

runfromafeebas

Hi everybody! I’ve been working on a team for Black 2 the past few days, and this is what I’ve

come up with so far. I’m mainly using this team to beat Black Tower right now (I’m on Area 10),

but will later use it for internet play as well. I’ve never designed a team like this before, but

thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated. I have EV trained all of these Pokemon, but I lost

the sheet of paper saying which ones had which amount of EVs in which stats. Either way, I’ll try

and find it. In the meantime, ask about any questions you may have!

If you would take a quick look at my doubles team (listed below my singles team), that'd be great. I could really use some help there.

Hydreigon
Level: 85
Nature: Rash
Ability: Levitate
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
1. Dark Pulse
2. Outrage
3. Flamethrower
4. Stone Edge

Hit Points: 277
Attack: 252
Defense: 184
Special Attack: 314
Special Defense: 165
Speed: 220

This guy (girl, technically) is around so that I can deal with virtually anything that someone

would throw at me. I put some EVs on Attack, Special Attack and a few on Speed. I had hoped to be

faster than most of my opponents, and knock them out before they can even get a hit on me.

However, this doesn’t work when I encounter a Pokemon with a really strong defense, nor when my

opponent is really fast.

Gyarados
Level: 76
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Item: None
Moves:
1. Dragon Dance
2. Waterfall
3. Ice Fang
4. Earthquake

Hit Points: 253
Attack: 292
Defense: 148
Special Attack: 107
Special Defense: 181
Speed: 199

I haven’t been able to do too much with Gyarados yet, mostly because he’s under leveled. I

thought that it may be a good idea to have a solid physical attacker on my team, but I’ve got

that covered with Aggron for the most part. I’m considering removing him from my team and

replacing him with something else, but I have no clue what. Suggestions?

Milotic
Level: 86
Nature: Modest
Ability: Marvel Scale
Moves:
1. Surf
2. Dragon Pulse
3. Ice Beam
4. Toxic

Hit Points: 317
Attack: 120
Defense: 199
Special Attack: 247
Special Defense: 268
Speed: 172

My strategy for Milotic is to put it out, badly poison my opponent, and then use any of my three

other moves to chip away at its HP while the poison does its job. It’s not a fool-proof strategy,

but it’s worked ok so far.

Aggron
Level: 84
Ability: Rock Head
Moves:
1. Earthquake
2. Iron Head
3. Double-Edge
4. Stone Edge

Hit Points: 237
Attack: 294
Defense: 386
Special Attack: 117
Special Defense: 132
Speed: 115

Aggron is my physical sweeper. Because of Rock Head, Double-Edge has no recoil, so I’ve got a 120

power move that has an accuracy of 100%. Unfortunately, there’s no STAB, but it’s the best I can

get. I gave it Earthquake just because, well, it’s Earthquake. Stone Edge’s purpose is to knock

out any Flying and Fire-types I may encounter, but Earthquake is just as good for the Fire guys.

Iron Head is a good, solid physical attack, not to mention having the STAB thing.

Cradily
Ability: Storm Drain
Moves:
1. Ingrain
2. Giga Drain
3. Toxic
4. AncientPower

Hit Points: 323
Attack: 187
Defense: 220
Special Attack: 164
Special Defense: 237
Speed: 105

This guy (girl) is my favourite. I don’t think I’m going to change anything, because things seem

to be working out ok right now just how they are. Here’s my strategy…
Turn 1: Use Toxic, badly poison opponent
Turn 2: Use Ingrain, recover HP every turn with help of Leftovers
Turn 3: Opponent’s HP will be very depleted by now because of poisoning, so use either Giga Drain

or AncientPower to finish them off. I can usually count on using Giga Drain, so that restores HP

to Cradily as well as Ingrain and Leftovers.

Infernape (hopefully everything's right, I'm doing this from memory. I'll correct it later if it

isn't)
Level: 82
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Blaze
Item: Life Orb
Moves:
1. Swords Dance
2. Brick Break
3. Close Combat
4. Flare Blitz

Hit Points: 242
Attack: 252
Defense: 146
Special Attack: 180
Special Defense: 146
Speed: 284

It has 252 EVs on Attack and Speed, and 6 on HP or maybe Sp. Defense.

My strategy here is to start with Infernape and use either Close Combat or Flare Blitz right off

the bat. Because I've EV trained it on Attack and it's holding the Life Orb, the physical attacks

pack a big punch. I put a lot of EVs on Speed as well, and since it's a fast Pokemon in the

beginning, the opposing Pokemon is usually KOd before it can even get a hit on me. If I use Flare

Blitz, my HP usually goes down to about half, because of the recoil and Life Orb. When the next

Pokemon comes out, I do the same thing, and assuming I used Flare Blitz both times, Infernape's

fainted. If I used Close Combat or Brick Break, I haven't fainted, but one hit and I'm out. It's

an interesting strategy, and its worked ok so far.

I suppose this strategy would work if I didn't start with Infernape, but I haven't played that

way yet, mostly because I only added Infernape to my team this morning.

I do have a few other EV trained Pokemon that I could use.

Snorlax
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves:
1. Rest
2. Sleep Talk
3. Facade
4. Heavy Slam
Hit Points: 452
Attack: 302
Defense: 144
Special Attack: 128
Special Defense: 220
Speed: 83

Skarmory
Nature: Bold
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Quick Claw
Moves:
1. Stealth Rock
2. Spikes
3. Roar
4. Toxic

Hit Points: 288
Attack: 152
Defense: 358
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 152
Speed: 152

This is my annoyer. I put 252 EVs on Defense and something else (can’t remember again). My

strategy is simple. Lay down a few layers of spikes, use Stealth Rock a few times, and then start

using Roar. Toxic is a bit useless, because the other person’s Pokemon aren’t out long enough for

the poisoning to do much. Maybe replace it with some sort of physical move?

I put 252 EVs on HP and Attack and 6 on something else, but I can’t remember what.

My strategy (just a theory, haven't actually used him much) is to fight, using either Heavy Slam

or Facade until his HP is down a bit. Then, use Rest. Next, use Sleep Talk. If Heavy Slam is

used, then it does damage as usual. If Facade is used, he's asleep so it's a lot more powerful.

It's not the best strategy, but he's got massive amounts of HP, so it's really hard to knock him

out. I thought about giving him a Chesto berry instead of Leftovers, but decided that the whole

point of having Rest was so that I could use Facade for more damage.

Lapras
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
1. Surf
2. Ice Beam
3. Thunderbolt
4. Psychic

Hit Points: 400
Attack: 159
Defense: 195
Special Attack: 227
Special Defense: 195
Speed: 134

This is basically another Pokemon that can deal with a lot of different Pokemon. I can use it to

deal with most Water types, excluding things that would commonly know Thunderbolt. Because I put

a wide variety of moves on Lapras, not to mention 252 EVs on HP and Special Attack, I can deal

with a lot of different things. Not the best strategy, but it works.

Charizard
Level: 87
Ability: Blaze
Item: Muscle Band
Moves:
1. Flare Blitz
2. Slash
3. Outrage
4. Earthquake

Hit Points: 260
Attack: 255
Defense: 222
Special Attack: 198
Special Defense: 179
Speed: 205

I don’t really have a strategy for Charizard yet, because I just finished him up this morning,

but I was thinking of something to deal with Dragon types, because of Outrage. This wouldn’t work

the best because most Dragons aren’t hit by Ground type moves, so Earthquake’s useless. Dragons

also resist Fire, so Flare Blitz isn’t the most helpful either.

Reshiram
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Turboblaze
Item: Dragon Fang
Moves:
1. Outrage
2. Fusion Flare
3. Fire Blast
4. Psychic
Hit Points: 291
Attack: 256
Defense: 222
Special Attack: 339
Special Defense: 247
Speed: 184

I’m not sure what my plan would be with Reshiram. I think I should look in to giving it a

different item, because the only Dragon type move it has is Outrage. I was considering changing

that to Dragon Pulse, but it’s kind of too late now, because I put 252 EVs on Attack (and Special

Attack too, for that matter). Once I’ve got it a bit higher levelled, I’m going to get rid of

Fire Blast or Fusion Flare for Blue Flare, and maybe take Hyper Voice over Psychic. Thoughs?

Latias
Nature: Mild
Item: Soul Dew/Rocky Helmet
Moves:
1. Reflect Type
2. Psychic
3. Ice Beam
4. Outrage
Hit Points: 254
Attack: 218
Defense: 163
Special Attack: 294
Special Defense: 249
Speed: 216

Again, no real plan for this one. I like Latias, so I trained one. EVs are on a combination of

stats here, for a more balanced Pokemon. I think they’re on everything but Defense, actually.

Ideas for a team with this Pokemon?

Latios
Item: Soul Dew/Dragon Fang
Moves:
1. Dragon Pulse
2. Psychic
3. Ice Beam
4. Calm Mind
Hit Points: 307
Attack: 163
Defense: 165
Special Attack: 332
Special Defense: 215
Speed: 216

This guy is the same thing as Latias, but I think I trained this one a little better. I put 252

EVs on HP and Special Attack, so he’s a bit of a special sweeper. I haven’t found a place for him

on my team yet, but I was thinking of putting him in for Gyarados. Thoughs?

Breloom
Level: 81
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Razor Claw/Something that would poison it (I forget the name of the item)
Moves:
1. Sky Uppercut
2. Drain Punch
3. Counter
4. Spore
Hit Points: 213
Attack: 320
Defense: 210
Special Attack: 114
Special Defense: 127
Speed: 144

I meant for Breloom to be a kind of physical sweeper of sorts, but it didn’t work out as well as

I’d planned. I put 252 EVs on Attack and something else, HP probably. My thought was to use Spore

to put the other Pokemon to sleep, and then knock away its HP with Sky Uppercut. Once the other

Pokemon woke up, I would use Counter to deal a fair amount of damage, and then use Drain Punch to

recover the damage I took. This hasn’t worked out so good, though, because the other Pokemon

usually gets a hit on me before I can put them to sleep. Also, most Pokemon don’t stay asleep for

more than a turn or two, and that’s not enough time for me to deal a lot of damage. Mind you,

I’ve only used Breloom in Double and Triple battles so far, so maybe singles will be different.

Glaceon
Level: 53 (training in progress)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Item: Leftovers/Icy Rock
Moves:
1. Hail
2. Ice Beam
3. Blizzard
4. Fake Tears
Hit Points: 148
Attack: 76
Defense: 138
Special Attack: 211
Special Defense: 155
Speed: 90

I'm not sure what my real plan is with Glaceon. I love the Eeveelutions, so I decided to train

one. I think I'm going to train another one made for doubles instead of singles, but suggestions

are welcome.

Seismitoad
Level: 78
Nature: Brave
Ability: Poison Touch
Moves:
1. Poison Jab
2. Earthquake
3. Aqua Ring
4. Drain Punch
Hit Points: 275
Attack: 211
Defense: 179
Special Attack: 161
Special Defense: 179
Speed: 129

Seismitoad is a bit of a failed experiment. His stats aren't the greatest in the first place,

but I thought that I could try to go for the poisoning approach. My strategy so far has been to

attack first turn with Poison Jab. That paired with Poison Touch usually results in a poisoned

opponent, which is great. Then I use Aqua Ring to keep restoring my HP, along with the Leftovers

and perhaps a Drain Punch or two. All of this sounds great on paper, but doesn't work quite as

well in practice. I'm not sure why it doesn't work, but Seismitoad seems to faint so fast, even

with the help of Aqua Ring, Leftovers and Drain Punch. One super-effective hit and it's out. I

suppose training another one with a different EV distribution and Nature could solve this, but I

really can't be bothered unless I'm sure it would land a spot on my team.

Sawk
Level: 78
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Black Belt
Moves:
1. Reversal
2. Close Combat
3. Ice Punch
4. Endure
Hit Points: 229
Attack: 300
Defense: 146
Special Attack: 67
Special Defense: 146
Speed: 210

I haven't had a lot of time to try out what I have in mind for Sawk, but I think you can pick up

on what my plan is. Sturdy protects me from 1 hit KOs, so I can land in at least 1 solid hit.

When I've only got 1 HP left, Reversal does massive damage, especially when paired with a Black

Belt. The problem is, if a critical hit gets landed against me and I either faint or will faint

next turn and I'm not faster than my opponent, he's useless (I hope that made sense). Anyways,

I'll update this later when I've tried out the strategy a little more.

Conkeldurr
Level: 80
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves:
1. Bulk Up
2. Drain Punch
3. Mach Punch
4. Stone Edge
Hit Points: 306
Attack: 334
Defense: 181
Special Attack: 105
Special Defense: 161
Speed: 101

Conkeldurr is another heavy hitter, except he's slightly different from the others because he can

actually take a hit every now and then. My strategy here is simple: use Bulk Up if the

opportunity shows itself, then just destroy some stuff. Drain Punch restors my HP along with the

Leftovers, and Mach Punch guarantees me first hit. Stone Edge is just for coverage. This

strategy, though simple, seems to work ok so far.

Zangoose
Level: 87
Ability: Toxic Boost
Item: Toxic Orb
Moves:
1. Facade
2. Close Combat
3. X-Scissor
4. Swords Dance
Hit Points: 250
Attack: 314
Defense: 137
Special Attack: 122
Special Defense: 136
Speed: 243

Here's yet another heavy hitter. Because of the Toxic Orb, Zangoose is Badly Poisoned at the end

of the first turn it's in play. Toxic Boost gives me an attack boost because I'm poisoned, so

when I use Facade (STAB too!), the damage is incredible, especially if I can get a Swords Dance

in there sometime too. Close Combat and X-Scissor are mostly for coverage, but they're pretty

good moves to have. One of the only problems with Zangoose is that I'm running on a timer, like

Infernape. Soon enough, the Poisoning takes its toll on my HP, and I'm out. Fortunately, this

usually doesn't seem to happen until much later in the battle, by which time at least 2 of my

opponent's Pokemon are *ahem* disposed of.

Ferrothorn
Level: 83
Ability: Iron Barbs
Item: Rocky Helmet
Moves:
1. Power Whip
2. Iron Head
3. Iron Defense
4. Ingrain
Hit Points: 265
Attack: 232
Defense: 275
Special Attack: 108
Special Defense: 250
Speed: 63

Ferrothorn is kind of like Cradilly, but slightly more focussed on dealing damage. Whenever I'm

hit by a physical move, the damage the attacker receives is usually the same or greater than the

damage they did to me, thanks to Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet, especially because my HP is

recovered because of Ingrain. When a few Iron Defenses are used, I've got a bit of a tank. It

doesn't take damage, and the damage it does take is usually accompanied by quite a bit of recoil.

The only problem so far is that Fire-type moves, which do 4x damage to Ferrothorn, seem to be

quite plentiful. When one of those comes in to play, it's bye-bye time for Ferrothorn.

Volcarona
Level: 100
Ability: Swarm
Item: Wide Lense
Moves:
1. Bug Buzz
2. Quiver Dance
3. Hurricane
4. Fire Blast
Hit Points: 311
Attack: 140
Defense: 166
Special Attack: 405
Special Defense: 247
Speed: 299

Volcarona is pretty cool, definately one of my favourites. I haven't quite gotten a handle on my

strategy yet, but it's coming. Basically, Quiver Dance + Bug Buzz STAB + potential Swarm boost =

ultimate destruction. When Bug Buzz is unavailable for whatever reason, I've got Fire Blast and

Hurricane to rely on. Both these moves have increased accuracy because of the Wide Lense, so

they hit considerably more often, especially Hurricane it seems. Anyways, it's a work in

progress. I might update this later to say what I've changed, but I'll probably forget. If

you're really interested in the potential update, remind me and I'll write a little more.

Here's one of the doubles strategies that I need a lot of help with:

Whimsicott
Nature: Bold
Ability: Prankster
Item: Leftovers (need to change this, would rather have it on Milotic)
Moves:
1. Safeguard
2. Swagger
3. U-Turn
4. Energy Ball
Hit Points: 324
Attack: 153
Defense: 226
Special Attack: 209
Special Defense: 211
Speed: 288
EVs: 252 HP/78 SpA/100 SpD/80 Spe

Salamence
Nature: Naive
Item: Choice Band
Moves:
1. Outrage
2. Stone Edge
3. Earthquake
4. Fire Blast
Hit Points: 331
Attack: 369
Defense: 196
Special Attack: 257
Special Defense: 176
Speed: 328
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe

Milotic
Nature: Timid
Ability: Marvel Scale
Item: Wacan Berry (would probably rather have Leftovers)
Moves:
1. Rest
2. Scald
3. Sleep Talk
4. Dragon Tail
Hit Points: 347
Attack: 140
Defense: 257
Special Attack: 236
Special Defense: 334
Speed: 217
EVs: 64 HP/252 Def/192 SpD

If you can't already see my strategy, it's fairly simple. Lead with Whimsicott and Salamence, and get a Safeguard up right away (Prankster should help with this). This keeps away unwanted Thunder Waves, Toxics, Will-O-Wisps, Spores, etc. Salamence is a monster, with its 369 Attack stat. Add a STAB Outrage, Choice Band and Swagger from Whimsicott (Safeguard will prevent confusion, unfortunately this doesn't prevent Outrage from confusing), and it's practically unstoppable. The other moves are mostly for coverage. The one problem with this is switches. Salamence is locked in to Outrage, so a Steel-type can easily be switched in (Scizor comes to mind). I'm not exactly sure what would happen in this situation (haven't had it happen yet), but Salamence might be powerful enough to just keep on pwning.
Anyways, Milotic is the third Pokemon on this team. She's my wall, and is fairly solid as far as things go. People typically don't expect a Milotic to act as a wall, so I can maybe get the element of surprise in here. The Wacan Berry helps keep unwanted Electric moves away (I could also put a Rindo Berry in instead, but Electric STABs are way more common than Grass moves in general), but I'd really rather have Leftovers (currently on Whimsicott). I've got no clue what to give Whimsicott instead though. Any thoughts? Anyways, back to Milotic. Rest keeps me at relatively full health. I didn't go for a Chesto Berry here because of Sleep Talk, which is actually quite helpful. Sleep Talk helps me every time I use Rest, unlike a Chesto Berry, which would only help once. Scald is just so that I have something to attack with, and the potential Burn is nice too. Dragon Tail is to force a switch, because it does practically no damage, thanks to the 140 attack stat with no STAB.
The fourth member of my team hasn't been decided. I kinda wanted something that can set up some kind of entry hazard to go with Milotic's Dragon Tail, but it'd do me more good to lead with my hazard instead of sending it in once either Whimsicott or Salamence faints. I was thinking of perhaps putting a Dragonite I've trained in this spot (Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Superpower, ExtremeSpeed with White Herb), but there goes my hope of entry hazards, not to mention 3 out of 4 of my Pokemon would be weak to Ice. I could also put in my Skarmory (listed below), but it's kinda fragile, and I'm still weak to Ice. Anyways, thoughts, comments and suggestions are greatly welcomed!

I've also been working on a few doubles combos, so here they are.

Jellicent
Item: Leftovers (might want to change this)
Moves:
1. Surf
2. Energy Ball
3. Shadow Ball
4. Trick Room
Hit Points: 291
Attack: 119
Defense: 169
Special Attack: 251
Special Defense: 256
Speed: 133

Lapras
Lapras
Moves:
1. Surf
2. Ice Beam
3. Thunderbolt
4. Psychic

Hit Points: 400
Attack: 159
Special Attack: 227
Special Defense: 195
Speed: 134

My strategy here is fairly simple. Get Jellicent to lay down a Trick Room in the first turn if

needed, then just keep using Surf. Because of their Abilities, Surf will recover my Pokemon's HP

instead of decrease it. If I come across another Pokemon with Water Absorb or something Surf

doesn't work on so well, I've got a wide variety of moves on Lapras, and a fair amount on

Jellicent as well. The Leftovers on Jellicent give it the extra HP boost, but because I would

need a team of at least 4 Pokemon for any type of com

Zebstrika
Nature: Docile
Ability: Lightningrod
Item: Air Balloon
Moves:
1. Thunderbolt
2. Volt Switch
3. Double-Edge
4. Flame Charge
Hit Points: 224
Attack: 180
Defense: 124
Special Attack: 198
Special Defense: 124
Speed: 252

Lanturn
Ability: Volt Absorb/Water Absorb (I've got two, same EV distribution)
Item: Leftovers (could be changed)
Moves:
1. Discharge
2. Aqua Ring
3. Surf
4. Scald
Hit Points: 310
Attack: 104
Defense: 135
Special Attack: 210
Special Defense: 163
Speed: 130

Electivire
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Motor Drive
Item: Magnet/Ground Plate
Moves:
1. Earthquake
2. Thunderbolt
3. Flamethrower
4. Ice Punch
Hit Points: 246
Attack: 319
Defense: 143
Special Attack: 190
Speed: 243

Eelektross
Item: Expert Belt
Moves:
1. Volt Switch
2. Thunderbolt
3. Dragon Claw
4. Giga Drain
Hit Points: 262
Attack: 201
Defense: 165
Special Attack: 286
Special Defense: 166
Speed: 167

I originally put these four guys together to use in the PWT Type-specifics (needless to say, I

pwned :p). I could lead with any of them, but I usually choose Zebstrika and Lanturn. Discharge

from Lanturn gets Zebstrika's stats up, plus usually does a decent amount of damage to my

opponent's Pokemon. Zebstrka's so fast it attacks before virtually anything else, so I can

usually count on a first strike. If I need to pull him out so he doesn't faint, I've got Volt

Switch to count on. This plus the first attack gives me an instant switch virtually whenever I

want it. The only problem with this is confusion, which I've had some issues with recently.
I could also lead with Zebstrika and Electivire. Because of Zebstrika's Air Balloon, Earthquake

won't affect it. Unfortunately, Electivire isn't extremely fast, so this tactic hasn't worked

the best so far. I prefer to put Electivire with Eelektross, because of Levitate. Earthquake

plus a 319 Attack stat and potentially a move boost from the Ground plate is nothing to sneeze

at, especially if it's a super effective hit. Eelektross and Electivire both have a wide variety

of moves, so they can deal with a lot of different things, pretty much anything my opponent could

throw at me.
I trained two different Lanturns, one with Volt Absorb and one with Water Absorb. I usually use

the one with Volt Absorb when I'm using my completely Electric team in the type-specifics because

not very many Electric types are carrying Water type moves. If I use Lapras and/or Jellicent,

however, Lanturn also pairs amazingly well with either of them. After factoring in Aqua Ring,

Leftovers and recovering HP from an ally's Surf, Lanturn could be around for a while.

Terrakion
Ability: Justified
Item: Black Belt
Moves:
1. Close Combat
2. Sacred Sword
3. Stone Edge
4. X-Scissor
Hit Points: 279
Attack: 307
Defense: 187
Special Attack: 139
Special Defense: 186
Speed: 298

Ambipom
Ability: Technician
Item: Focus Sash
Moves:
1. Fake Out
2. Beat Up
3. Low Sweep
4. U-Turn
Hit Points: 252
Attack: 257
Defense: 145
Special Attack: 120
Special Defense: 145
Speed: 311

My strategy here is pretty simple. Terrakion + Black Belt + 307 Attack Stat + STAB (except for

X-Scisor) + raised Attack (Ambipom's Beat Up) = KA-BOOM!
Simple equation, almost as simple to carry out. Ambipom's Fake Out can do massive damage,

especially if I get a critical hit. I've almost KOd Pokemon with it, so it's definately handy to

have around. On the second turn of the battle, I use Beat Up on Terrakion, to boost its Attack

stat massively. Then, watch out. Terrakion's a beast in the first place, so when its Attack

gets raised by three or four levels, it kinda blows everything up. The only problem is its lower

Defense stats. It is easily KOd within a few turns, so unless I move before everything else,

Terrakion's running on a timer.

Landorus (Therian)
Level: 79
Item: Life Orb
Moves:
1. Hammer Arm
2. Stone Edge
3. Earthquake
4. Swords Dance
Hit Points: 254
Attack: 338
Defense: 172
Special Attack: 175
Speed: 223

Chandelure
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Air Balloon
Moves:
1. Shadow Ball
2. Flamethrower
3. Fire Blast
4. Dark Pulse
Hit Points: 220
Attack: 110
Defense: 183
Special Attack: 359
Special Defense: 182
Speed: 218

Golurk
Ability: Iron Fist
Item: Float Stone
Moves:
1. ThunderPunch
2. Fire Punch
3. Hammer Arm
4. Earthquake
Hit Points: 275
Attack: 328
Defense: 170
Special Attack: 113
Special Defense: 169
Speed: 180

Garchomp
Ability: Rough Skin
Item: Life Orb/Rocky Helmet
Moves:
1. Earthquake
2. Dragon Claw
3. Swords Dance
4. Rock Slide
Hit Points: 309
Attack: 309
Special Attack: 152
Special Defense: 177
Speed: 287

If nobody noticed, this is the Garchomp that PokeGym wrote a little blurb on. I'm not gonna post

a link to the page, because I'm too lazy, but if you look around for it, you'll find it :)

Typically, I pair Chandelure with one of the other three guys, so that I can make the most of

Earthquake while I can. I could also pair one of these with my Eelektross that I mentioned

earlier, but I haven't tried this yet. I don't exactly have a defined 'strategy' for these three

yet, except for basically throw a few of them out there and see what comes of it. Chandelure's

huge Sp. Attack stat is nothing to overlook, so when it does damage, it DOES DAMAGE. The Air

Balloon keeps it away from Earthquakes, at least for a little bit, so that's nice. If anybody

has any ideas for some kind of a strategy involving these guys, then let me know. I have no

objections to adding another couple of Pokemon to my team, so if I need another Pokemon trained,

that's fine. It's summertime, I've got time to do these things.

So, now that I've written a couple thousand words, suggestions, comments and feedback are greatly

appreciated. My team hasn’t been doing too badly yet, but it can still use a bit of fine-tuning.

Thanks for looking!

If anybody see's a Pokemon on this page that they really want/think they need and are too lazy to

train themselves, just let me know. Chances are I might be able to part with it. Send me a PM

and we'll work something out. Mods, if this isn't allowed, just let me know.

Also, if I put this in the wrong place, Mods feel free to move it!

Last edited:
On your Cradilly, why choose an Adamant nature? The move set does not compliment the attack stat/nature. If your looking to get possible boosts from Ancient Power and recover more health with Giga Drain- Modest nature will net you more health. Pairing Leftovers with Ingrain and getting even more health in return from Giga drain will allow Cradilly to stick around even longer since you will be hitting harder.

More to come later when I have more time.

By the time I got around to training Cradily I was sick of trying to find the right nature, so I just used what I had. When I've got time I'll train a different one. Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I couldn't use Soul Dew in any battles but Tower battles, but right now I've put the Rocky Helmet on Latias and the Dragon Fang on Latios. Not the best, but it works.

Alright. It costs BP to buy, and you get it from the store at the Battle Subway, right? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to buy the orb though, because (so far at least) Breloom hasn't been of too much use to me. Two hits and it's out, if the moves aren't super effective. Since I've got all the other options, I'm not sure I'm going to worry about it too much right now.

I was thinking of taking Fake Out over Swords Dance, but decided against it. Infernape's powerful enough with the moves it has, and can 1HKO virtually anything that's thrown at me. Fake Out may be helpful in some situations, but Swords Dance can be more useful. For example, if the guy I'm battling leads with a Grass-type Pokemon, then I can use Swords Dance once before attacking without losing much HP, which gives me an extra edge for the whole battle, whereas Fake Out only gives me an advantage for one Pokemon.

I think I'd want a physical move on the Skarmory, because of how my stats are distributed. Special attack is only at 100, whereas Attack is at 152. I was thinking maybe something like Steel Wing instead of Toxic.

I think I'd want a physical move on the Skarmory, because of how my stats are distributed. Special attack is only at 100, whereas Attack is at 152. I was thinking maybe something like Steel Wing instead of Toxic.

well icy wind does slow them down
try sunny day then it can help those fire guys

commenting on the skarmory, it would be helpful for it to learn an attacking move such as sky attack instead of spikes for instance. enough damage would be dealt already with toxic and stealth rock, so to amplify that, rotate between attacking and switching your opponent.

do this and you might be good.

really!? it worked!? *faint*

---------- Post added 07/27/2013 at 09:00 AM ----------

and about the breloom, you should teach it thunderpunch or stone edge to help with those flying types. and then again, you can always switch out if things get bad. also raise its speed with carboses.

What move would I get rid of to get Stone Edge or Thunderpunch though? Also, don't the Carbos things boost speed EVs? If so, then my EVs are already maxed out, so it wouldn't do any good.

Back