Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Suggestions for annual precon decks besides theme decks and world champ decks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

signofzeta

Out of these non theme decks or world champ decks that TPCi has released in the past, which one or combination of these would you like TPCi to make as an annual release? If so, how many times should it be released a year?

So here are the decks that TPCi has released in the past.

Trainer kits.
These are two 30 card decks meant to teach new players how to play step by step.

ex battle stadium
This contains two 60 card decks with pokemon from multiple set and also contains 10 card sideboard to improve the deck and a 10 card sideboard to make the deck work as a 2 on 2 battle.

ex Master Trainer Deck
This deck is just one of the two decks from the ex battle stadium.

ex Epic collection decks.
This deck contains an ex card as the ace pokemon card. Also contains pokemon cards from multiple sets.

Red Genesect collection.
This deck includes cards that is all reverse holo. Having pokemon from different sets remains to be seen.

Kalos starter set.
These decks contain cards from its own unique set.

Here is what I want. I want a precon, released 4 times a year, preferably a month after main set releases, that has the outer packaging from the deluxe version of the kalos starter set, the all reverse holo deck from the red genesect collection, and the ultra rare featured card as well as pokemon from multiple sets from the ex epic collection decks. So what do we have here?

A deck that is 58 cards reverse holo, 2 cards are ultra rare, so right now, it would be an EX card. The deck must have pokemon from different standard legal sets, and must be packaged the same way as the deluxe version of the kalos starter set.

If not, at least I would like to have a precon that isn't a theme deck or world champ deck to be released each year. These precons must NEVER replace a set associated theme deck.

Last edited:
I honestly don't feel having an Ultra Rare is necessary. IMO, it just needs to play well. (Making it a step up from Theme Decks, kind of like how the Red Genesect Collection did, but with a solid Pokemon line as well.) I feel including Ultra Rares would undermine the worth of either Tins or, if they didn't overlap, even more Ultra Rares than Tins affect the value of. Pokemon from multiple sets MIGHT be a good idea, but just using more Rares than a Theme Deck does could also work in all honesty.

I honestly don't feel having an Ultra Rare is necessary. IMO, it just needs to play well. (Making it a step up from Theme Decks, kind of like how the Red Genesect Collection did, but with a solid Pokemon line as well.) I feel including Ultra Rares would undermine the worth of either Tins or, if they didn't overlap, even more Ultra Rares than Tins affect the value of. Pokemon from multiple sets MIGHT be a good idea, but just using more Rares than a Theme Deck does could also work in all honesty.

Japan seems to put ultra rares as the face of some of their precons as well. I'm also thinking that the ultra rare should be the face of the all holo decks because normal holos normally look less foily than reverse holos, due to surface area, and it just doesn't look as cool to have a regular holo as the face of the deck when the rest of the cards are reverse holos. If ultra rares don't work then all 60 cards should be reverse holo.

At this point, I just wish that TPCi would release a precon product that isn't theme deck or world champ deck annually in March and September. September 2013 was red genesect collection and March 2014 was trainer kit. September 2014 should be anything, whether it be another trainer kit, all holo decks, or even decks like the epic collections from 2007, it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back