Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Suggestions for my Blastoise/Keldeo EX deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I got back into playing and collecting over the summer and slowly managed to put together what I think is a decent deck list for my Keldeostoise deck (don't hate me for calling it that lol). This is what I manged to put together with $65:

Pokemon: 15
4 Squirtle (BCR)
1 Wartortle (BCR)
4 Blastoise (PLB)
4 Keldeo EX (BCR)
2 Mewtwo EX (NXD)

Trainers: 31
4 N
3 Professor Juniper
3 Cheren
1 Skyla

4 Rare Candy
4 Pokémon Catcher
3 Float Stone
3 Energy Retrieval
2 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
1 Super Rod

1 Scoop Up Cyclone

Energy: 14
14 Water Energy

I've been thinking of making the following changes:
Take OutAdd
-2 Mewtwo Ex+2 Black Kyurem EX (PLS)
-1 Keldeo Ex+1 Kyurem NVI
-1 Squirtle+1 Tool Scraper
-1 Blastoise+2 Skyla
-1 Scoop Up Cyclone
+1 Computer Search
-3 Water+3 Lightning
Don't recommend Tropical Beaches for me, please. I don't have the money for them and I probably wouldn't buy them if I did. lol Scoop Up Cyclone has helped me out a lot and I haven't had much trouble setting up without Computer Search so I may test with the Cyclone a bit more. Also, with the Pokémon Catcher errata taking place soon I may either keep 2 or take them out completely. Thoughts? Thank you!

Last edited:
I'd suggest building a different deck if you don't have access to tropical Beach. This deck is no where near it's full potential without.

I want it to the best I can make it within my means, and that means it will run without Tropical Beach. It's not a be-all and end-all card. The deck runs well enough for me without it. I do manage to set-up on T2 most of the time and I haven't lost a game yet.

This deck is used for casual play for the most part. I won't be competing with it in any official tournaments any time soon. I play with a group of people on campus who are getting back into the game as well.

Last edited:
I remember before plasma blast was announced, this and acceligoth were the most competive decks you could get your hands on. Now genesect verizion decks kill both of them. Careful with that since your one weakness in this deck is grass. Though I realize in a local setting, that probably won't happen anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back