Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Suicune's Safeguard?

Psofan2000

I was playing a match the other day with a Safeguard Suicune on my bench and a Seismetoad EX as my active. My question is, if I were to have a full bench and use Seismetoad's Grenade Hammer Would I be able to choose Suicune and avoid the damage? or would I have to choose a different Pokemon on my bench to hit with my attack?

Granade Hammer- (130 This attack does 30 damage to 2 of your Benched Pokémon. )(Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)
Safeguard-Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Pokémon-EX.

You would need to choose two different targets. If you have two Suicune, or any other combination of two pokémon that can't be damaged by your Seismitoad, then you can use them to avoid damaging your own bench. If you only have one, then you need to choose a different target for the rest of the damage.

Hard to tell. I'm having trouble understanding it.
Each sentence seems to be taking a different position.

I'm guessing it's the first sentence that's the problem. What I mean to say is, you need to choose two different targets - you can't choose the same target twice - so if you only have one Suicune, you need to choose a different second target. Or in other words, by "two different targets" I mean different from each other, not different from Suicune.

Oh, OK then. I was reading it that you were saying they couldn't choose Suicune at all.

Back